abarrick84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are my numbers competitive?

I am a 33 year old male that would be competing in 105 in Florida. Learned the lifts in high school and a year of crossfit and have been training on and off for the last 2 years on my own. I tried competing twice this year but both meets were canceled. I’d like to compete for the experience and get more involved in coaching but was wondering if my numbers are competitive in my weight class.

Snatch-125
    C&j-160
    I definitely feel that those numbers can go up if I focuse just on training instead of coaching.

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not really. A general rule of thumb is Snatch 1.5 x BW, C&J 2 x BW.

To put it in perspective, I'm 88kg, and my C&J is only 10kg less than yours. I also don't consider myself anything more than an amateur who does olympic lifting for fun.

That said, if you're just doing it for fun, it doesn't matter what your lifts are like. You'll never be "good" joining weightlifting at such a late stage. Just go to the meet, do your best, have a good time.

abarrick84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Griddlelol View Post
    Not really. A general rule of thumb is Snatch 1.5 x BW, C&J 2 x BW.

To put it in perspective, I'm 88kg, and my C&J is only 10kg less than yours. I also don't consider myself anything more than an amateur who does olympic lifting for fun.

That said, if you're just doing it for fun, it doesn't matter what your lifts are like. You'll never be "good" joining weightlifting at such a late stage. Just go to the meet, do your best, have a good time.

Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought but was not sure because I have not been to a meet.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by abarrick84 View Post
    I am a 33 year old male that would be competing in 105 in Florida. Learned the lifts in high school and a year of crossfit and have been training on and off for the last 2 years on my own. I tried competing twice this year but both meets were canceled. I’d like to compete for the experience and get more involved in coaching but was wondering if my numbers are competitive in my weight class.

Snatch-125
    C&j-160
    I definitely feel that those numbers can go up if I focuse just on training instead of coaching.
    I disagree with Griddlelol, if you're going to a local meet for your first competition, then your numbers are decently competitive. However, if you're going to National level meets, then probably not. The BW ratios he pointed out are more for lighter lifters at the National level.

I say get into a meet and get the experience. Don't worry about how competitive your numbers are, because you don't know how well you'll hit those in a meet.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why not just look at actual results?

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-weightli...s-archive#2017

Using your 125/160 - 285

American Open 1 - Snatch 6th/C&J 6th - Total 6th

National Championships - Total - 23rd

Competitive? You decide what and where competitive is.