superlucas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lower chest problems....

Hi everyone,

I’m new on this page so forgive me if I lack any expected eticate..

I have been training consistently for about 7/8 months but I feel like I’m having trouble hitting / gaining size on my lower chest!!

I’m doing decline barbell/dumbbell bench press as well as decline dumbbell flys but at the moment I haven’t seen any substantial results ?!?

Just wondered if there are any other alternative ways to hit that area or if anyone has any tricks their willing to share..

Also what’s the best way to add width to the chest?!?

Apologies for the long post

X

cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Standing vertical press
    Bench press (with correct form)
    Weighted dips (shoot for 8)

Should be all you need if you work those in.

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    add 50lbs to your bench press focusing on working the muscle (not your ego) in the right rep range and your chest will be bigger. If you’re not gaining strength and gaining weight you aren’t getting bigger.

I’m not familiar to the standing vertical press but I’m sure I can find out.
    I haven’t tried dips tbh so I’ll add that to chest day for the next few months and look for results.

Thanks for the response bud

I usually add 10kg on each side on the last set of upper/med/lower chest and try to reach about 4/5 reps.

I’m happy with my chest mass up until it gets to the lower end.. it just seems flat in comparison

Thanks for the response bud

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are getting stronger in the right range focusing on the muscle, eating and sleeping well, then you just need time, not necessarily more lifts.

I added 100lbs to the hammer strength incline before hurting my pec this year and there were just some small changes. You have to add a significant amount of strength before you actually see changes. Just keep pushing and as long as the weights are going up you will grow.

I think I just need the confidence to add a more significant weight during sets.. problem is I tend to train alone lately and don’t want to add to much weight and get mysel in to a situation.

I donT think I take enough rest days either as I’m going about 6 days a week sometimes twice a day on different muscle groups, I know shouldn’t too!!

Also I genuinely wasn’t ignoring your advice in the last message.. I’m new and it took me a while to reply once i replied to the other guy, and I had no ideas the colours were of any significance

Thanks for getting back to me mate

Originally Posted by superlucas View Post
    I think I just need the confidence to add a more significant weight during sets.. problem is I tend to train alone lately and don’t want to add to much weight and get mysel in to a situation.

I donT think I take enough rest days either as I’m going about 6 days a week sometimes twice a day on different muscle groups, I know shouldn’t too!!

Also I genuinely wasn’t ignoring your advice in the last message.. I’m new and it took me a while to reply once i replied to the other guy, and I had no ideas the colours were of any significance

Thanks for getting back to me mate
    I know you weren’t as you replied. I deleted my post because of it. Sorry about that.

Holy **** you don’t need to go to the gym that much. It’s likely even detrimental. If you want to go six days a week, you can hammer the **** out of the muscle once a week or alternate upper lower every other day with lower volume and anywhere in between. Both of these approaches work, but it’s harder to **** up the one time a week as long as the volume is there. It is a slower rate of progression, but generally has fewer injuries and need for deloads.

I like six days a week push, pull, legs. Two movements per muscle group (more for back as back isn’t one muscle, legs aren’t either), 2-3 hard sets per lift. Good form, focus on on adding weight each time.

Their are probably better programs, but the best program for you is the one you will stick to.

cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've noticed rapid improvement in my lower chest (I have gyno, so it is important to me) from weighted dips. Try to keep your face pointing forward and chest with it so it doesn't just feel like bench pressing the bars away.