cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Program for general strength/novice Oly

I've been running SSNLP for a few months, until August I ran it faithfully. Since then I've hit a few sticking points, and I've accumulated some fat I'm not comfortable with so I modified it. Anyway, ideal or not my current lifts are:

~280x5 squat
    340x5 deadlift (or 360x3)
    230x5 bench
    160x5 press (or 170x3)
    155x3 PC (likely not a true max, maybe +5/10 lbs)
    115x2 snatch (very hit or miss)
    @190lbs, 6'0, ~15%BF

I do appreciate the conditioning effects of the Oly lifts, and my forearms are very weak. I thought I might try a new program that took the best of both worlds, and here is what I am coming up with:

3 day split
    Listed are work sets, will be working up to them.

1: 3x5 squats
    3x5 press
    1x5 deadlifts
    3x8 weighted dips (+40lbs)
    Accessory work

Rest

2: 2x5 front squats (will have to learn how to do these..) This will be 'low intensity' squat day.
    3x5 Bench
    2x3 rack pulls (warm up for PC)
    5x3 PC

Rest

3: Top triple, then two back off sets on squat
    5x3 Press (up 2.5lbs from weight at 5's, same weight to be used on next day 1)
    1x5 Deadlift
    3x8 weighted dips

Rest, rest

I may make adjustments for the pressing exercises, since essentially I should be doing intermediate programming for them despite my DL and squat still being in novice territory. But this is the general template. I want my Olympic lifts to get better, as even moreso than my squat they look kindof pathetic compared to my average strength. Thoughts or suggestions?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not certain that's anywhere near enough Oly work if you really want to get good at it.

Aside from the oly stuff (not qualified to help you here, sorry)
    Overall the idea looks decent but you need some way of managing intensity and volume, I'd suggest the Bridge, or Programming to Win for a late novice powerlifting focus.
    ^^ you could also do with some horizontal pulling, and face pulls regularly.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I totally did not mean to put deadlifting twice a week. On day 1 or 3, replace the deadlifts with pendlay rows. That's a horizontal pull and helps develop the hip kick a bit more.

As for doing more Oly lifts, there's an issue there. I can not handle any volume whatsoever on them. If I do cleans, and I try to snatch or clean within even a week, I usually don't even get the first set. It just doesn't work for some reason. The main bridge into Olympic lifting is the front squats and rack pulls for me, as slightly more specific lifts to aid in my strength for the clean.

That's why I haven't even put in snatches. I feel I can do them decently, just not within 168 hours of the last time I cleaned or snatched. Peculiar, I know, but the bar just doesn't go up.

I think the reduced weight for the front squats may also aid in recovery for the power required for the Oly lifts. On SSNLP, the prescription is heavy squats every day.