Akira86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplement list - what do you think?

Hi Everyone,

I work out now for quite a while and tried this and that of supplements.

Now I have a list of supplements I want to combine.

1) What do you think of that?

2) What would you recommend for someone who does workouts for 1 year now and want to start with supplements?

This are the supplements:

• MyProtein Creatin Monohydrate
    • My Protein Beta Alanin
    • MyProtein L-Glutamin
    • MyProtein Vegan BCAA Powder
    • MyProtein Super Omega 3
    • MyProtein Alpha Men (Multivitamin)
    • MyProtein Beta Ecdysterone

Thanks for your input!

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is your goal?

From your list that's good:
    Creatine, Beta Alanin, Omega 3, Multi

The rest can go.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

I want to build on mass! Am at 70kg and wanna up to 77.

Read a lot about beta ecdy and the others! All good stuff with no side effects

Why let them go?

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Akira86 View Post

Why let them go?
    Well, glutamine is super abundant in your food. If you're meeting your macro, which you should be doing, you're getting plenty of amino acids which means that supplementing free-form aminos including glutamine, leucine, isoleucine and valine is rather pointless.

As for your beta ecdysterone
    https://examine.com/supplements/ecdysteroids/
    "No alterations noted in serum testosterone associated with ecdysterone consumption"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18500969
    "CONCLUSION: Results indicate that M, E, and CSP3 supplementation do not affect body composition or training adaptations nor do they influence the anabolic/catabolic hormone status or general markers of catabolism in resistance-trained males."

Finally, if you're goal is size and building mass, beta alanine isn't going to do much for you. If you were an endurance athlete, there may be some benefit. Since you're not, save your money.

More important than supplements, what's your diet look like? What's your TDEE and your caloric goal? What are your macros?
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Why let them go?
    Because they are a waste of money. If you want to build mass, then you have to be in a calorie surplus. Just eat more
    AE APE results thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144074851&p=867099761&viewfull=1#post867099761

🎁☃️🎄🎅25 Days Till Christmas Massive Giveaway!🎅🎄☃️🎁
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175093131

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    More important than supplements, what's your diet look like? What's your TDEE and your caloric goal? What are your macros?
    @Lucia316: Wow thanks a lot for that input.

ok, here are the answers to your questions:

My diet:
    I am mostly vegan, I eat very seldom diary only when on travel.
    I mostly eat rice, quinoa, amaranth, oats, variety of vegetables and lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas and so on... pretty simple.
    3 times a day approx 1000 - 1200 cal and all meals approx to the macros below.

TDEE:
    approx. 2500 - 2600 cal.
    am 30 years old, 178cm, 71kg and I work out 5-6 times a week à 30 min

my caloric goal:
    I eat everyday approx 3200 - 3500. I write a journal for 3 weeks now and gained approx 1.5kg. Aim is to get 77kg

My macros:
    approx 70% carbs
    approx 15% protein
    approx 15% fat

Have you any experiences with L-Glutamin and BCAAs?

Do you have experience or know someone who has experience with ecdy? I am confused because I read so much about it and so many people got great results :-/

Thanks for the value!

@Jammer: thanks for your input as well. Very appreciated!
    Last edited by Akira86; 11-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.

bump

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @Lucia316: Wow thanks a lot for that input.

ok, here are the answers to your questions:

My diet:
    I am mostly vegan, I eat very seldom diary only when on travel.
    I mostly eat rice, quinoa, amaranth, oats, variety of vegetables and lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas and so on... pretty simple.
    3 times a day approx 1000 - 1200 cal and all meals approx to the macros below.

TDEE:
    approx. 2500 - 2600 cal.
    am 30 years old, 178cm, 71kg and I work out 5-6 times a week à 30 min

my caloric goal:
    I eat everyday approx 3200 - 3500. I write a journal for 3 weeks now and gained approx 1.5kg. Aim is to get 77kg

My macros:
    approx 70% carbs
    approx 15% protein
    approx 15% fat

Have you any experiences with L-Glutamin and BCAAs?

Do you have experience or know someone who has experience with ecdy? I am confused because I read so much about it and so many people got great results :-/

Thanks for the value!

@Jammer: thanks for your input as well. Very appreciated!
    I have experience with glutamine, leucine, valine and isoleucine on a daily basis. They're just 4 amino acids. There is a full spectrum of amino acids and you're probably right on the line for the amount of protein you should be taking in with your current breakdown. There is zero reason to supplement free-form amino acids. Just meet your protein macro and you'll get plenty. I don't need experience taking something to know that nothing will occur. That's why we have science. It shows us that supplementing these free-form aminos has no real world benefit.

As to beta ecdysterone, again, people get results despite their ignorance. There are plenty of situations where people attribute and correlate incorrectly. Correlation does not imply causation. Example:

I took X supplement and got huge. What is missing? What did your diet look like? Obviously this person was a caloric surplus to TDEE. What did the training look like? Obviously, there was a solid progressive program in place. It wasn't X supplement that yielded the results, it was the diet and training.

Take a look at the links I provided. There is ZERO value in that supplement. I don't need experience with it to know it doesn't do anything.

Would also suggest heading to the nutrition forums and talking there versus worrying about supplements. Since you're vegan you'll want to focus on the protein you're taking in to ensure a full spectrum of aminos.

TLDR? Stop worrying about bunk supplements and focus on your diet and training.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic