Closed Thread
    Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can a big cheat day stop fat loss??

I am a petite girl, 5'1 and currently weigh around 112 lbs on average, age 28. I have been on a calorie cut at about 1200-1300 cals a day for the past month, trying to cut fat. When my fat loss begun to plateau with cutting calories, I started experimenting with lowering carbs instead, which seemed to bump up progress again and I noticed more toning with this method. Unfortunately, even though 80 carbs is not considered keto diet, I was feeling somewhat of a "carb flu" and feeling nauseous and completely drained throughout the day, I was lethargic, slow and unproductive. I felt so faint at work, this was about my 5th day of slashing carbs to no more that 80 a day. I begun feeling so famished that I could not even finish my usual workout routines without feeling like fainting (I am very active, workout about 2-3 hours every day both cardio and weights.) I had insomnia the past 2 nights because my stomach wouldn't stop growling and my body just felt miserable all around. I thought I could keep pulling through, but today I kinda went nuts and what started out as a cheat meal turned into a binge. First I had about a whole pound of grilled chicken (no sauce) at a teriyaki restaurant. Then I reached for a fat 450 calorie cinnamon roll, followed by 4 slices of thin crust pizza. Carb overload! it's like my body couldn't stop craving everything in sight after a week of low carb/calorie restriction. I mean, it felt good to let loose but now the guilt is setting in and I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow

Argh! I ate about 3100 calories total today, more than twice as much as my normal intake. Will all of this excess calorie consumption turn right back into fat!? I'm still a newbie to all this, so I'm not sure what to expect. I worked so hard to start losing fat and now I'm worried this will bring it all back... not to mention thanksgiving is in a few days. How can I get back on track? should I avoid the holiday feast to make up for it? I've been drinking a crap ton of lemon water and green tea this evening, hoping to flush out the sodium and aid digestion... I feel so bloated like I gained 10 lbs. Any advice please help??

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A cheat DAY?? uhhhhhh yea. Hell even a single "cheat" meal can very much so at least negate fat loss or even put you into a slight surplus. Why not incorporate foods you enjoy and want to eat within the realms of your caloric intake instead of needlessly depriving yourself and then bingeing on a stupid cheat day? Just a thought... dunno why people are so senseless and narrow minded with their diets....
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kilama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    A cheat DAY?? uhhhhhh yea. Hell even a single "cheat" meal can very much so at least negate fat loss or even put you into a slight surplus. Why not incorporate foods you enjoy and want to eat within the realms of your caloric intake instead of needlessly depriving yourself and then bingeing on a stupid cheat day? Just a thought... dunno why people are so senseless and narrow minded with their diets....
    It wasn't a cheat throughout the whole day, just a cheat meal that spiraled into a binge during dinner. I had pretty good self control right up until the evening... I suppose I misused the term. Aside from that, it's not like I deliberately wanted to binge, I am human like everyone else and had a moment of weakness. I am doing my best to reverse the damage in the best way possible. If it does negate fat loss, then what is the best way to get back on track? have you ever binged? if so, how did you correct it?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Kilama View Post
    It wasn't a cheat throughout the whole day, just a cheat meal that spiraled into a binge during dinner. I had pretty good self control right up until the evening... I suppose I misused the term. Aside from that, it's not like I deliberately wanted to binge, I am human like everyone else and had a moment of weakness. I am doing my best to reverse the damage in the best way possible. If it does negate fat loss, then what is the best way to get back on track? have you ever binged? if so, how did you correct it?
    Just get over it and move on with life.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am a petite girl, 5'1 and currently weigh around 112 lbs on average, age 28. I have been on a calorie cut at about 1200-1300 cals a day for the past month, trying to cut fat. When my fat loss begun to plateau with cutting calories, I started experimenting with lowering carbs instead, which seemed to bump up progress again and I noticed more toning with this method. Unfortunately, even though 80 carbs is not considered keto diet, I was feeling somewhat of a "carb flu" and feeling nauseous and completely drained throughout the day, I was lethargic, slow and unproductive. I felt so faint at work, this was about my 5th day of slashing carbs to no more that 80 a day. I begun feeling so famished that I could not even finish my usual workout routines without feeling like fainting (I am very active, workout about 2-3 hours every day both cardio and weights.) I had insomnia the past 2 nights because my stomach wouldn't stop growling and my body just felt miserable all around. I thought I could keep pulling through, but today I kinda went nuts and what started out as a cheat meal turned into a binge. First I had about a whole pound of grilled chicken (no sauce) at a teriyaki restaurant. Then I reached for a fat 450 calorie cinnamon roll, followed by 4 slices of thin crust pizza. Carb overload! it's like my body couldn't stop craving everything in sight after a week of low carb/calorie restriction. I mean, it felt good to let loose but now the guilt is setting in and I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow

Argh! I ate about 3100 calories total today, more than twice as much as my normal intake. Will all of this excess calorie consumption turn right back into fat!? I'm still a newbie to all this, so I'm not sure what to expect. I worked so hard to start losing fat and now I'm worried this will bring it all back... not to mention thanksgiving is in a few days. How can I get back on track? should I avoid the holiday feast to make up for it? I've been drinking a crap ton of lemon water and green tea this evening, hoping to flush out the sodium and aid digestion... I feel so bloated like I gained 10 lbs. Any advice please help??
    Your calorie intake per day is way too low if you are having all of these symptoms while exercising 2-3 hours every day. How much fat do you even have to lose when you describe yourself as petite? You absolutely do not need to avoid Thanksgiving with family/friends; you can simply take smaller portions of various foods and not purposefully stuff yourself beyond the point of feeling full.

Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your daily calorie intake sounds about right for someone of your height/weight trying to lose weight that doesn't exercise. Why is it so low if you're exercising several hours a day??

It may be a good idea to decide why you're trying to lose "so much fat" to begin with? You're probably at approx 20% bodyfat (My gf is the same height/weight and that was her results after a check). Unless you're competing, there's no real need to go below that. It'd be best to start a small caloric surplus (read the stickies) and begin developing lean muscle mass for a fuller figure than to continue starving and experiencing those symptoms..

ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThinkAndGoHam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How much weight did you lose in a month on those calories, 1200-1300 doesn't sound too low for your height and weight. When i was 140lbs as a male my maintenance was 2000 and i had to eat 1500 to lose 1lb per week. As for the cheat meal don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us, it won't be all fat don't worry it might set you back a couple of days but its no big deal, its only a concern if it starts happening regularly that will it will counteract your fat loss, if its just once in a blue moon, don't worry its normal, the best of us have cheat day's once in a while, live life.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThinkAndGoHam View Post
    1200-1300 doesn't sound too low for your height and weight.
    It is VERY low if she is exercising 2-3 hours daily with cardio/weights. Definitely not safe medically speaking.

Thank you everyone for your replies, it has made me think more intuitively about the situation. I believe I may have restricted myself too much, as I remember I could even see sullen dark bags in my face being that low on carbs that day. Maybe 80 carbs is just too low for a very active person? but how else can I drop body fat? I am currently at 18% body fat last time I checked, I want to get down to about 12% to tone up a bit more. The reason why I workout so much is mainly because it is also my part time job teaching group fitness, which involves variety of exercise from floor weights to dance cardio.

Originally Posted by ThinkAndGoHam View Post
    How much weight did you lose in a month on those calories, 1200-1300 doesn't sound too low for your height and weight. When i was 140lbs as a male my maintenance was 2000 and i had to eat 1500 to lose 1lb per week. As for the cheat meal don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us, it won't be all fat don't worry it might set you back a couple of days but its no big deal, its only a concern if it starts happening regularly that will it will counteract your fat loss, if its just once in a blue moon, don't worry its normal, the best of us have cheat day's once in a while, live life.
    Well I started doing 1400 around last september and I lost about 2 lbs a week, but it stopped going down after a month, so I started lowering further to 1200 around mid October. I finally reached my goal weight of 110 lbs doing this, and it was manageable because carbs were at about 120-150 a day, plenty to fuel my workouts and feel energized/healthy. But I still have a lot of toning to do around my upper body, so that's when I started experimenting with carbs... and that's when I started feeling awful. Are carbs that necessary for being active? I mean I definitely feel like I lost fat dropping carbs, but the side effects made me feel so sick...

I was recommended by a former personal trainer to try carb cycling instead, that I can go up a bit on carbs on some days and still lose fat. My main concern in my diet now is not losing more weight, but toning up. I am at my goal weight, ranges from 110-112 lbs on an average given day of eating healthy. What I'm trying to rid of is fat in my abs and triceps.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you everyone for your replies, it has made me think more intuitively about the situation. I believe I may have restricted myself too much, as I remember I could even see sullen dark bags in my face being that low on carbs that day. Maybe 80 carbs is just too low for a very active person? but how else can I drop body fat? I am currently at 18% body fat last time I checked, I want to get down to about 12% to tone up a bit more. The reason why I workout so much is mainly because it is also my part time job teaching group fitness, which involves variety of exercise from floor weights to dance cardio.

Well I started doing 1400 around last september and I lost about 2 lbs a week, but it stopped going down after a month, so I started lowering further to 1200 around mid October. I finally reached my goal weight of 110 lbs doing this, and it was manageable because carbs were at about 120-150 a day, plenty to fuel my workouts and feel energized/healthy. But I still have a lot of toning to do around my upper body, so that's when I started experimenting with carbs... and that's when I started feeling awful. Are carbs that necessary for being active? I mean I definitely feel like I lost fat dropping carbs, but the side effects made me feel so sick...

I was recommended by a former personal trainer to try carb cycling instead, that I can go up a bit on carbs on some days and still lose fat. My main concern in my diet now is not losing more weight, but toning up. I am at my goal weight, ranges from 110-112 lbs on an average given day of eating healthy. What I'm trying to rid of is fat in my abs and triceps.
    Why am I not surprised a PT said that regarding carb cycling...

Anyways if remaining in an overall reasonable caloric deficit, you'll lose weight
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    Why am I not surprised a PT said that regarding carb cycling...

Anyways if remaining in an overall reasonable caloric deficit, you'll lose weight
    But I'm trying to lose body fat, not weight? I heard you can stay the same number on the scale but still burn through fat stores to tone up

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But I'm trying to lose body fat, not weight? I heard you can stay the same number on the scale but still burn through fat stores to tone up
    Are you talking a recomp?

That tone word.....cringe
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This x 1000

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Toning is for printers...
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jn Pll Sigmarsson

Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoonsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am currently at 18% body fat last time I checked, I want to get down to about 12% to tone up a bit more. The reason why I workout so much is mainly because it is also my part time job teaching group fitness, which involves variety of exercise from floor weights to dance cardio..
    12% body fat for a female is very ambitious and also quite dangerous as it not a sustainable lifestyle.
    According to The American Council on "Exercise Body Fat Categorization", bodyfat percentage for women fall into the following categories:

10-13% Essential Fat
    14-20% Athletes
    21-24% Fitness
    25-31% Average
    31%+ Obese
    ** Cannot link source due to low post count, but just Google it

If you think about it logically - to lose fat, you must lose weight in general. If you were to weigh a rump steak, then trim the fat off the edge and re-weigh it - will it weigh the same, or less?
    Weight is made up of many factors - the two we care most about is body fat and lean muscle mass. If you wanted to lose 1kg of body fat and to maintain the same weight, you would have to gain 1kg of lean muscle mass to replace it (which takes about a month to gain for most newbies)

Also, technically two people can be the same height, weigh the same and one may look more toned than the other, however this all comes down to solid muscle development and bodyfat percentage. I cannot post links/images so if you Google "Think Eat Lift how to estimate your body fat percentage" and scroll down the page to the comparison photos, you will see what I mean

Are you talking a recomp?

Yes, I'm trying to burn fat and gain a bit more muscle. Again, I'm still a newb to this stuff guys so srry if some things seem obvious that I don't understand right away...

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by loganhart View Post

Toning is for printers...
    not if you're me. im a professional toner srs
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

Originally Posted by Hoonsy View Post
    12% body fat for a female is very ambitious and also quite dangerous as it not a sustainable lifestyle.
    According to The American Council on "Exercise Body Fat Categorization", bodyfat percentage for women fall into the following categories:

10-13% Essential Fat
    14-20% Athletes
    21-24% Fitness
    25-31% Average
    31%+ Obese
    ** Cannot link source due to low post count, but just Google it

If you think about it logically - to lose fat, you must lose weight in general. If you were to weigh a rump steak, then trim the fat off the edge and re-weigh it - will it weigh the same, or less?
    Weight is made up of many factors - the two we care most about is body fat and lean muscle mass. If you wanted to lose 1kg of body fat and to maintain the same weight, you would have to gain 1kg of lean muscle mass to replace it (which takes about a month to gain for most newbies)

Also, technically two people can be the same height, weigh the same and one may look more toned than the other, however this all comes down to solid muscle development and bodyfat percentage. I cannot post links/images so if you Google "Think Eat Lift how to estimate your body fat percentage" and scroll down the page to the comparison photos, you will see what I mean
    Thank you for the info, I will look it up on google. I didn't know 12% was considered that low, heck I didn't even think I was within the athlete's range of body fat. I guess it's just my upper body composition/abs I'm trying to adjust, I'm a bit more muscly than most women my age/height and being an endomorph it's super difficult to keep the weight off without careful dietary habits. My upper body carries more fat than anyywhere else

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you for the info, I will look it up on google. I didn't know 12% was considered that low, heck I didn't even think I was within the athlete's range of body fat. I guess it's just my upper body composition/abs I'm trying to adjust, I'm a bit more muscly than most women my age/height and being an endomorph it's super difficult to keep the weight off without careful dietary habits. My upper body carries more fat than anyywhere else
    You are not an 'endomorph', you're human, just like everyone else. Somoatypes are junk science.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pur3p3r50n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no such thing as an endomorph (or any kind of 'morph, for that matter).

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are new to all of this you may want to check out this thread.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168176343

BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlotterBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is how it works:

Hypothetically, let's say your maintenance is 2000 calories (meaning if you were to eat 2000 calories every day for a week, by the end of the week your weight would remain the same), and you're consuming 1300 calories a day, that means every day you are in a deficit of 700 calories.

Over one week that deficit would become 4,900 calories (700x7).

3500 calories = 1 pound of fat loss. That is why people aim to be in a deficit of 500 calories, because 500 x 7 = 3,500.

So anyway, if you are in a deficit of 700 calories each day, and on the last day of the week you decide to binge (you'd be at 4,200 calories before the day starts because 700x6 = 4200) -- let's say you consume 5000 calories on the binge -- you would now be in a surplus of 800 calories (because -4200 + 5000 = 800) and that is how a binge can ruin a weeks worth of progress.

What to do when you have binged? Accept that you have ruined your progress for the week and try again next week, it's no big deal.
    *kormo is kool, I'm just mad cause he's stylin on me*

If you're 18% bodyfat and you're unhappy with your figure still - you might find that cutting won't actually achieve the results you're after
    If you want your skin to "look tight" on your muscles,etc. maybe it's time to consider a lean bulk (ie. 10% caloric surplus) and start to build some muscle development

As I referred to on the Think Eat Lift blog, muscle development is essential for the "toned look". You can cut down to whatever bodyfat percentage you want but without the muscle development behind it, you'll just look scrawny

JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackMan017 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, you should check out www.bodyrecomposition.com. Some really good useful articles, as well as a message forum, but go there for the articles. Really good stuff.

Not quite 100% accurate, but this should give you an idea OP.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Argh! I ate about 3100 calories total today, more than twice as much as my normal intake. Will all of this excess calorie consumption turn right back into fat!? I'm still a newbie to all this, so I'm not sure what to expect. I worked so hard to start losing fat and now I'm worried this will bring it all back... not to mention thanksgiving is in a few days. How can I get back on track? should I avoid the holiday feast to make up for it? I've been drinking a crap ton of lemon water and green tea this evening, hoping to flush out the sodium and aid digestion... I feel so bloated like I gained 10 lbs.

Any advice please help??
    Your eating has become disordered. You'd do well to seek some professional, in-person counseling; you're headed down a slippery slope.

Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733