Thread: NASM -vs- NPTI

Llgarcia5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NASM -vs- NPTI

Okay, PT I know morjarority of you have gone through this, but now I need your help in helping me make the right choice. I know the difference between NPTI & NASM

NPTI (Sacramento) is a hands-on education that will fully prepare you to enter the competitive job force. Graduates of NPTI will receive a Diploma as a Personal Trainer and will be eligible to sit for the NCCA accredited NASM Certification upon completion. Get in great shape while you get the educational foundation to start your new career as a professional personal trainer at the National Personal Training Institute in Sacramento, California. Tuition and Fees: $6,899. Includes books, online CPT materials, Diploma, NASM/CPT and CPR/AED Certifications.
    Monthly payment plan options and financing available. 500 HR Personal Fitness Training Program.

NASAM: I would have to take either GUIDED STUDY PROGRAM $1,999 or ALL INCLUSIVE PROGRAM $1,299 I know that I will need someone to be able to answer my questions and assist me along because I haven't been in school for quite a long time.

At this time I'm only interested in working in a gym and not independent, but possibly in the future. I hope some of your answers will be able to help me make my decision. Keep in mind I'm in my 50's and the longest I probably would work would be another 5-10 years. Thanks.

Evidence Based Gawd scienceoverhype's Avatar
    scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Llgarcia5 View Post
    Okay, PT I know morjarority of you have gone through this, but now I need your help in helping me make the right choice. I know the difference between NPTI & NASM

NPTI (Sacramento) is a hands-on education that will fully prepare you to enter the competitive job force. Graduates of NPTI will receive a Diploma as a Personal Trainer and will be eligible to sit for the NCCA accredited NASM Certification upon completion. Get in great shape while you get the educational foundation to start your new career as a professional personal trainer at the National Personal Training Institute in Sacramento, California. Tuition and Fees: $6,899. Includes books, online CPT materials, Diploma, NASM/CPT and CPR/AED Certifications.
    Monthly payment plan options and financing available. 500 HR Personal Fitness Training Program.

NASAM: I would have to take either GUIDED STUDY PROGRAM $1,999 or ALL INCLUSIVE PROGRAM $1,299 I know that I will need someone to be able to answer my questions and assist me along because I haven't been in school for quite a long time.

At this time I'm only interested in working in a gym and not independent, but possibly in the future. I hope some of your answers will be able to help me make my decision. Keep in mind I'm in my 50's and the longest I probably would work would be another 5-10 years. Thanks.
    Got damn, people pay that much to become a CPT? With that price tag, you're better off doing a mentorship. Just buy the textbooks and the exam. And go NSCA or ACSM while you're at it. Cheaper, and actually teaches you evidence-based exercise science rather than corrective heavy programming with outdated rationale.
    NSCA-CPT | S&C Coach @ American Top Team West Pines and Fight Fit USA
    USAPL @ 83 kg | Meet 463/330.7/545.6 | Gym 505/380/585
    Strengh & Conditioning IG @scienceoverhype | Powerlifting IG @bigquiran83kg

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a look at the NSCA-CPT cert. It's less than both of those options, well respected and accepted pretty much everywhere.
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com