Thread: Rogue T Bar Row

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Rogue T Bar Row

Hi all ,I was debating to move my water massage bed upstairs to make room for some equipment to do dead lifts with . Considering the Rogue T Bar Row .
    Anyone have an opinion on this equipment?

Update , I thought this machine was for dead lifting , not really for rowing .

https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-t-bar-row

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-19-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Make Misc great again

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Hi all ,I was debating to move my water massage bed upstairs to make room for some equipment to do dead lifts with . Considering the Rogue T Bar Row .
    Anyone have an opinion on this equipment?

https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-t-bar-row

I can't imagine spending that kind of money on something that can be duplicated with a landmine and attachment.

Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I second krlafont, that's a lot of space to give up for a single purpose piece of equipment. I wanted something a little more slick than just the landmine so I got the elevated row stand from Elitefts, you can see my setup on Instagram (clmb511 - 5th post back from current). It was <$200 shipped and is light enough to store up on the wall to keep the floor space clean.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’m with you guys , as real estate is always an issue . Liking the stand , and it’s compact enough to store . May go that route
    Make Misc great again

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, not a huge fan of t-bar rows like that. I like the chest-supported versions way better.
    Garage Gym Owner

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Yeah, not a huge fan of t-bar rows like that. I like the chest-supported versions way better.
    Could you post a pic of what that version looks like ?
    I think your describing more like rowing . I’m looking for deadlift options
    Make Misc great again

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Could you post a pic of what that version looks like ?
    I think your describing more like rowing . I’m looking for deadlift options
    If you're looking for deadlift type options you probably want to be looking at something like this:

http://legendfitness.com/product/uni...lungedeadlift/

Legend, Power-lift, hammer strength, Atlantis and I'm sure others all make something like that. Although, at some point I wonder if space wise if you'd be better off with a large hex bar as it kind of works the same way.

The chest supported unit would be something like this: http://legendfitness.com/product/incline-lever-row/ Again, lots of places make it. That is mostly a upper back thing.

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    If you're looking for deadlift type options you probably want to be looking at something like this:

http://legendfitness.com/product/uni...lungedeadlift/

Legend, Power-lift, hammer strength, Atlantis and I'm sure others all make something like that. Although, at some point I wonder if space wise if you'd be better off with a large hex bar as it kind of works the same way.

The chest supported unit would be something like this: http://legendfitness.com/product/incline-lever-row/ Again, lots of places make it. That is mostly a upper back thing.
    Nice looking setup , although I think it may present problems getting it into my basement
    Make Misc great again

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm with krlafont.
    Stick with a landmine for mid-back targeted rows. As Bench 905, get a chest supported row as you can hit both mid & upper back. Why not just get both, since landmines are cheap?

MajorTendonitis, what are you looking to actually accomplish? That'll help everyone find what you need/want.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I'm with krlafont.
    Stick with a landmine for mid-back targeted rows. As Bench 905, get a chest supported row as you can hit both mid & upper back. Why not just get both, since landmines are cheap?

MajorTendonitis, what are you looking to actually accomplish? That'll help everyone find what you need/want.
    I am trying to start doing deadlifts , as I avoid them for some reason .
    I have noticed at work that when I lift things from the floor , that that is my weak spot .
    Probably because I do to much upper body , and for lower body I pretty much only do squats .
    My knees are not great , so I have to stay quite light on squat days .

I don’t like using a straight bar for dead lifts , and I guess I could buy a dedicated dead lift bar and store it behind my half rack on the left .
    My ceiling is only 6’ 10” tall , so I can’t store bars upright.

Thought a machine would just be sitting there nice and accessible like , as I have a tendency to avoid dead lifting . I used something similar in Golds years ago , and preferred it over a straight bar .
    Here’s another pic of my gym . As you can see there’s not a lot of room.
    Where I’m standing taking the first pic is where I want the machine .

I do have two half racks , one for benching and one for squats . The left one is for squats and dead lifts.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Make Misc great again

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can also use that incline bench with a pair of dumbbells to do a chest supported row.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl2MnK1i504
    Last edited by ampire; 11-19-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rows are not going to fix your issue.
    There's nothing wrong with rows, but it's more upperbody work that doesn't translate over to lifting things off the ground.

Would you do chair deadlifts? Your knees aren't effected, but they will help you get used to lifting things off the ground & will build your back in a unique way and get you used to sitting down without applying force through your knees. Just buy some quality knee sleeves & wear a pair or 2 of jeans. Trust me, you'll want to stop the bar from digging into your knees & bruising anything. It's a worthwhile exercise.

Another option is a stiff leg deadlift, dimel deadlift, or romainian deadlift.

Have you considered a trap bar?

I hate to say it, but there's not much getting around deadlifting or stone lifting. The trick is to find what you can do painlessly.
    Another option is to pull off blocks & slowly increase the ROM. Sometimes, you just have to take baby steps to get where you want to be.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Rows are not going to fix your issue.
    There's nothing wrong with rows, but it's more upperbody work that doesn't translate over to lifting things off the ground.

Would you do chair deadlifts? Your knees aren't effected, but they will help you get used to lifting things off the ground & will build your back in a unique way and get you used to sitting down without applying force through your knees. Just buy some quality knee sleeves & wear a pair or 2 of jeans. Trust me, you'll want to stop the bar from digging into your knees & bruising anything. It's a worthwhile exercise.

Another option is a stiff leg deadlift, dimel deadlift, or romainian deadlift.

Have you considered a trap bar?

I hate to say it, but there's not much getting around deadlifting or stone lifting. The trick is to find what you can do painlessly.
    Another option is to pull off blocks & slowly increase the ROM. Sometimes, you just have to take baby steps to get where you want to be.
    Thanks for the replies Guys .
    I will have to google those other types of deadlifts you mentioned.
    And yes , I was going to consider buying a trap bar . Sorry ,as I referred to it as a deadlift bar.
    I should probably have purchaced one years ago .

I kind of have my heart set on that machine from Rogue that I posted also. Maybe get both
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-19-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Make Misc great again

I see the confusion now , the machine I posted is called a T Bar Row , where as I thought it was for dead lifting ?
    I have a lat pull down machine , so no , I’m not concerned about rowing . Sorry all
    Make Misc great again

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Please don't take this the wrong way but I'd be doing you a disservice as no one has yet mentioned it. The cure for not deadlifting or pulling from the floor is...deadlifting and pulling from the floor. It's one of 2 full body fundamental exercises that load the entire system. It's frequently easier on the knees than squatting. Posterior chain is integral to a healthy body and pulling builds a uniform strength from top to bottom linking your upper body through your ankles and calves. There is nothing more fundamental to the body. It takes up no room. It costs no money.

If I were you I'd leave a barbell loaded with 45s at all times. Every workout you do reps with 135 no matter what (or high pulls if you know the OLs). Maybe 3x10 or 3x15 but get it done. At least once a week you do a deadlift session with weight. Do not unload the bar, roll it out of the way so it's always loaded or at least reload it when done. Hell, maybe leave it in the center of the room as a reminder.

Once you start pulling regularly and see the effect it has on your body and other lifts...you won't neglect it. If you are going light on squats this is your alternative and will strengthen your squat and other lifts too.

I realize this is the equipment forum and people are here to help you spend money and select equipment we all love. That said, this is the best advice I can give as a lifter.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way but I'd be doing you a disservice as no one has yet mentioned it. The cure for not deadlifting or pulling from the floor is...deadlifting and pulling from the floor. It's one of 2 full body fundamental exercises that load the entire system. It's frequently easier on the knees than squatting. Posterior chain is integral to a healthy body and pulling builds a uniform strength from top to bottom linking your upper body through your ankles and calves. There is nothing more fundamental to the body. It takes up no room. It costs no money.

If I were you I'd leave a barbell loaded with 45s at all times. Every workout you do reps with 135 no matter what (or high pulls if you know the OLs). Maybe 3x10 or 3x15 but get it done. At least once a week you do a deadlift session with weight. Do not unload the bar, roll it out of the way so it's always loaded or at least reload it when done. Hell, maybe leave it in the center of the room as a reminder.

Once you start pulling regularly and see the effect it has on your body and other lifts...you won't neglect it. If you are going light on squats this is your alternative and will strengthen your squat and other lifts too.

I realize this is the equipment forum and people are here to help you spend money and select equipment we all love. That said, this is the best advice I can give as a lifter.
    Repped, great advice.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Well said, good statement!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #80 ▪█─────█▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #16 ▪[M]====[6]▪

▪█─█▪ Certified workout equipment addict ▪█─█▪

"We're all gonna be alright crew, we got this!"

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think the trap bar will help you, the handles sit a bit higher and the center of mass will be more with your midline rather than in front of you with a regular barbell so it should be easier loading your body with it. The neutral grip is more natural as well.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I should add that if you really didn't want to pull conventional, or have no desire testing the low back and scraping the shins and cost isn't an object, then you can't go wrong with the Dead-Squat Bar by Biotest...it can hold up to 960 lbs in iron plates (including the bar), it's rackable and has curved inner to outer handles and the bar itself weighs about 70 lbs.

It's currently out of stock, but they usually run 15%, or 20% off on the bar and I'm sure they'll re-stock them, it's an awesome bar.

https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/dead-squat-bar

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tony. What the heck is the difference between that bar and a trap bar for 1/3 the price? (serious, not trolling) I am kind of looking into something like this one for $219.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I should add that if you really didn't want to pull conventional, or have no desire testing the low back and scraping the shins and cost isn't an object, then you can't go wrong with the Dead-Squat Bar by Biotest...it can hold up to 960 lbs in iron plates (including the bar), it's rackable and has curved inner to outer handles and the bar itself weighs about 70 lbs.

It's currently out of stock, but they usually run 15%, or 20% off on the bar and I'm sure they'll re-stock them, it's an awesome bar.

https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/dead-squat-bar
    Cool looking bar . Hope it’s stock again someday
    Make Misc great again

congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000)
    As mentioned above, no way to avoid dead lifting if you want to get stronger at lifting things off the floor. Trap bar may give you a little variation, but in the end you gotta lift things off the floor. Good luck and start dead lifting.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

On spread! Good stuff.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Tony. What the heck is the difference between that bar and a trap bar for 1/3 the price? (serious, not trolling) I am kind of looking into something like this one for $219.
    That's a nice looking trapbar and priced just right! I think the main appeal of the Biotest trapbar is the crazy weight capacity with its longer sleeves, rackability, its tough powder coat and build, grooved handles and strong grippy knurling...price wise it's not for everyone, but it is a great bar that will last and this is the equipment forum.