Luciiisekk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Competition prep and intuitive eating

Hi guys. Just wondering what are your opinions for competition prep and intuitive eating (keeping it clean but not tracking, really listening to your hunger cues). Is it possible? Everyone seems to be obsessed with iifym these days but I just want to free myself from numbers.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It will work for awhile but depends on how you were eating before hand.
    I lost 20 pounds just tracking protein numbers and eating sensibly over the past year.
    Weight loss eventually came to a stand still.
    When i tracked all macros and adjusted i lost 10 more pounds over a period of time.
    I agree the number counting thing can get monotonous but really to be more precise you should do it to be in more control than just guessing.
    For contest prep i would absolutely do it unless your in very good shape already.
    For contests you do what it takes to win and if that means recording numbers do it.
    With those numbers you can adjust them to fine tune your look.
    Good luck.

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Luciiisekk View Post
    Hi guys. Just wondering what are your opinions for competition prep and intuitive eating (keeping it clean but not tracking, really listening to your hunger cues). Is it possible? Everyone seems to be obsessed with iifym these days but I just want to free myself from numbers.
    Personally, hell no lol. Knowing I have to be on a stage in my underwear in front of tons of people, I am calculating and tracking everything. Kudos to anyone who can get stage-shredded on intuitive eating though, but I couldn't do it.

I think this would cause too much unpredictability of weight loss (or gain) which could fluctuate week to week and it would be tough to time your peak composition.
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft