Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    TXKDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry ALL ACCESS SURPRISE NOT pleased with concept

Did anyone see this coming? Believe this change happened on Nov. 15th.
    Can't say I'm pleased with this move as BB.com makes $ off the supps and the appeal of being on here for free workout programs was great. There are so many sponsors at BB disposal that the revenue could have come from them and not the users. Can't say I'm surprised at the corporate greed but I am disappointed. If someone wants to pay for a specialized workout there are so many sources available.

Calculated risk that may or may not pay off for u all BB.com
    If you recall Netflix did something similar a few yrs ago and got major pushback.
    Last edited by TXKDUB; 11-19-2017 at 06:22 PM.

TXKDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep just posted my disappointment. See it as corporate greed where they could have made the $ off their sponsors as well as supps. Netflix did something similar a few yrs ago and got major pushback and changed the structure they tried to implement. Calculated biz move that may backfire. $ over users all day. Potential loss of users

kellyann7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was so unhappy about this this morning. I updated my workout apps which I almost never do and I get to the gym, pull up the workout plan I'm 4 weeks into and... 10 dollars a month? are you kidding me? I've been using your plans for free for over a year like what you're not gonna get me to pay now.

Fun fact if you have any of the apps on your phone and haven't updated them they should still be accessible. There's one I haven't updated that I can still look at.

I feel betrayed! I love bodybuilding.com and literally get all of my supplements/protein bars/etc from them so it's lame that as a super loyal customer I now have to pay a (pretty expensive) subscription to access workout plans I've been using for free for a really long time.

I'm definitely not paying. Debating if I'm even gonna order stuff from here anymore. It's lame because I really do like bodybuilding.com but wow what a bummer

trickmyers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. They're probably trying to get an early start on further monetizing the "New Year's resolution" crowd, and we're the collateral damage.

Guess I'll be uninstalling a few BB.com apps.

BigJamieNZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, disappointing. I was going to add a new plan today. Perhaps if they were providing some new premium content, rather than charging for previously free sponsored content that is good (for free) dispite being error-ridden and rarely updated dispite feedback, then it could be worthwhile.

I wonder how the sponsors of the various plans feel about their sponsored content now being behind a paywall?

Some of Kris Gethin's plans are still available via Kaged Muscle, guess I'll be ordering direct from Kaged Muscle to support them directly now.

Looks like you can add plans via the current Bodyspace app still, just can't linked to the videos. But these videos could still be lingering on YouTube anyhow. So make sure you turn off auto-update on the app!

danielpye88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And what is a proper programme? Its bad enough their supplements are over priced to be charging for free programmes.
    There are now implications, for instance, Kris Gethin must point out in his daily videos that his videos and programmes are all free, now bodybuilding makes him a liar plus it's false advertising if it's not free.
    As much as it hurts me to say, I hope people boycott.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most of the programs were garbage anyway, just made to push supplements.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

BigJamieNZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I suggest you celebrate your freedom from being barraged to buy supplements by a routine purely designed for that and read some or all of the forum stickies
    Shhh...if you let them know that the forum is valuable, then it'll be the next to go behind the paywall, citing the excuse "unfortunately we couldn't control the level of spam a public forum is exposed to..."

Crazy thing is they are taking a backwards step in terms of a contempory business model. These days "free" is the way to make money. I know of another bodybuilding program producer who offer a premium paid membership to access limited, neglected, dated material, while their free YouTube content is constantly updated and thriving. I asked them why they neglect their paid members, and they admitted they make more from the YouTube advertising with high volume free views and subscriptions, and a loss on the low numbers of paid memberships. If you consider that supplement companies are less likely to sponsor new "Access All" plans, you can probably guarantee that further premium content will be limited or of poorer quality if premimum members remain low.

My guess is they'll not get the paid premium numbers to worthwhile, and will revert back to a free model, but by offering a free month or two subscription everytime you purchase a certain amount of supps. That'll give an incentative for regular repeat purchases.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol @ anybody getting mad over this. I guess it sucks for people half way through a program and the fact that there was no prior notice. Maybe they didn't want people to copy and paste programs, etc.

BB.com is first and foremost a business. It has nothing to do with corporate greed or whatever you want to call it. They are just trying to make money like any other business or anybody else. If it doesn't make money or isn't a profitable section of their business then they will simply repeal it. At the end of the day the consumers will eventually speak. If you don't like it there are plenty of other options for you.

NOT TO MENTION, the forum side of BB.com. All of the content here is absolutely free, programs, nutrition info, workout advice, etc. You can literally ask an unlimited amount of any question and get it answered, FOR FREE. So it's really hard for me to feel sorry for people who now have to pay. BUT NO, a lot of people would rather follow a routine that has some "big name" who is clearly on dat dere creatine time attached to that workout program or some phony fitness model and people judge a routine's worth based on how a person looks rather than the content.

God forbid doing some research and a bit of due diligence is actually going to kill you...

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    BUT NO, a lot of people would rather follow a routine that has some "big name" who is clearly on copious amounts of drugs attached to that workout program or some phony fitness model and people judge a routine's worth based on how a person looks rather than the content.
    Fixed that for you.

Those programs were made with a single purpose by people contracted with bodybuilding.com FOR bodybuilding.com. That purpose is revenue. They push supplements pretty fukking hard in those programs. They're trying a pay feature and if it nets less revenue than simply pushing supps then they'll repeal it. Business is business.

Being mad that a 4/10 program is now pay for use only is like complaining that you don't have a crappier job. Try to forget the sales tactics for a minute and read the damn posts in this thread from forum regulars giving actual advice instead of mindless bitching.

With that said, I'm gonna leave this thread open so people can express their "grief."

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can definitely vouch for Starting Strength and Vikings. Did both and had far better results than any content on bb's trainers. Liked SS so much I bought the book. Good read for anyone interested.

Other than that it does suck for those whom were kicked out of their program. However, like many have said, this is a great opportunity to read up on the stickies. No, there isn't some paid body on the cover. However, they have way more work put into them. Also, unlike the trainers, the creators of these programs are still active on a good portion of the threads listed above. You can get advice and ask questions for free.

As for nutriton, there's advices great thread with many stickies there too. There's no quick fix. The more effort you put into research the better off you'll become. There's even a supplement section.

Thanks for taking the time to post links to make it even more easy for people.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    With that said, I'm gonna leave this thread open so people can express their "grief."
    Agreed.

I've simply been merging some of the other 'bitch' treads into this one thread; there's certainly no need for more than one of them. If I see any more of them in any of the other forums (oddly enough, this is the only forum where people are bothering to complain; go figure), I'll dump them in here as well.

ETA:

LMAO @ the 'crappier job' analogy; it rings pretty true.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 11-20-2017 at 06:41 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    I can definitely vouch for Starting Strength and Vikings. Did both and had far better results than any content on bb's trainers. Liked SS so much I bought the book. Good read for anyone interested.

Other than that it does suck for those whom were kicked out of their program. However, like many have said, this is a great opportunity to read up on the stickies. No, there isn't some paid body on the cover. However, they have way more work put into them. Also, unlike the trainers, the creators of these programs are still active on a good portion of the threads listed above. You can get advice and ask questions for free.

As for nutriton, there's advices great thread with many stickies there too. There's no quick fix. The more effort you put into research the better off you'll become. There's even a supplement section.

Thanks for taking the time to post links to make it even more easy for people.
    and with that said the workout routines or programs here are designed without having gimmicks to make revenue in mind. Sometimes there is a conflict of interest there between what the average beginner wants and what is actually good or better for them. Ex: A beginner may be more inclined to purchase and run a body part split rather than a full body.

"IN B4 Davis charges 7.99 for Fierce 5, lmao"

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5.55 or 55.55 would be more suitable.

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Lol. I wouldn't charge for that. I made it free and have made all of my knowledge public, though I have very recently considered charging for people who don't want to read and just want answers spoon fed to them. Tree fiddy has a nice ring to it. haha

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol. I wouldn't charge for that. I made it free and have made all of my knowledge public, though I have very recently considered charging for people who don't want to read and just want answers spoon fed to them. Tree fiddy has a nice ring to it. haha

Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Should change the thread title to “Scream Into the Void”

TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would pay/10 (And it'd be the best money I've ever spent)

Personally, while we all know the main site routines are not the best. The way in which they've gone about this is an appallingly bad business strategy. 'Hey we'll monetize our programs for the new year, while simultaneously screwing over our loyal customer base'. It's a short sighted approach that has a high chance of failing.

Yep their business they can do what they like, and unless they start charging for forum access I don't actually care.
    Training Log : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175236371
    PRs- (in KGs at meets): 170/120/200
    FMH Crew - The Crazy Uncle

Nanakorobi yaoki

Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sweetums6000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much extra to poke them with a stick?

Lol. As cool as it would be to charge spoon feeders it isn't a forum implementable thing on any level.

dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000)

The new charging policy && workout plans?

I'm sure there's like 4783 threads asking this same thing - I just can't seem to find any?

Are all previously free plans now being charged for, even if you don't plan to use the actual apps? I am specifically referring to the old plans like Lee Labrada 12 week program, Chris Gethin 12 week program etc?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175028791

Cliffs

Currently they charge for "premium access" suggesting there may still be free things in future.
    It's probably going to fail.

Who really cares because the programs were only about selling supplements anyway, they have basically helped people by putting them off them and then they come to the forum and if they
    just do a tiny bit of reading will end up on a much better plan with better nutrition and less money wasted on junk supps.

*So it's a dick move that actually benefits most people with a bit of intelligence.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

camandoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All Access

Is bodybuilding.com going to take down their subscription fee with all the negative feedback they are getting?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by camandoman View Post
    Is bodybuilding.com going to take down their subscription fee with all the negative feedback they are getting?
    "All" the negative feedback?

Reports are that they haven't gotten any negative feedback, or any feedback at all. Other than a few posters bitching about it in this forum, it's apparently a non-issue. Posting in the forums gets no reaction from that side of this website, which is an entirely different entity.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 11-25-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasquatch63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Subscription based workout plans?!

So we have to pay a subscription in order to access the training plans now? What's up with that??

FMH Crew Little Beast

LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordByeren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

interesting timing...

... so lets see if this ends up funding the Transformation Challenge. Free to join but must use one of our programs?? Hmmm.

Originally Posted by camandoman View Post
    there might be other threads but this is literally the only thread ive seen on the subject, and it is only 2 pages at that, with half of the posters simply loling at the subscription. So unless i'm missing something I don't think there has been a ton of negative feedback.

Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jgood53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have to pay and subscribe to get the programs offered through bodybuilding.com?

I like to look over the programs that are always offered from time to time. Can we no longer just look at them???

I click on the Arnold Blueprint and I can view it

I click on let say Hellraiser training and all there is is a trailer some info and a subscribe button. Wtf is up with this??

I was going to post the links but it wouldn't let me