Thread: Cut or Bulk

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cut or Bulk

Age 41
    Height 5'9"
    Weight 162.5
    I had cut from 173.5 back in Feb thru Sept.
    I started a bulk and I really messed it up for past 2 months. Wasn't working out on program and diet was not clean (tough with kid's snacks around and holidays).

So, I cut down to about 150 and now back to 162.5.

I have plenty of gallery shots. Not completely updated as I have gained about 2-3% body fat in past 2 months.

I am mostly disappointed in arms. Barely 13"!

So, should I just get on track with clean bulk and lifting routine and continue clean bulk, or should I go back down to about 153 and start clean bulk over?

Thanks

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Based on your most recent photos, I'd cut to about 145.
    "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."

AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by screwnuts View Post
    Based on your most recent photos, I'd cut to about 145.
    I agree, cut down and then bulk again. I've been tempted to start a bulk because everyone has started their winter bulk, but starting a bulk too early means more fat.

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks
    I hate the fact that I really messed up first bulk and gained 10 pounds for nothing. But, would rather cut again and get lean.

I am a believer in wanting to feel good about how I look before the bulk.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alewisdvm View Post
    Age 41
    Height 5'9"
    Weight 162.5
    I had cut from 173.5 back in Feb thru Sept.
    I started a bulk and I really messed it up for past 2 months. Wasn't working out on program and diet was not clean (tough with kid's snacks around and holidays).

So, I cut down to about 150 and now back to 162.5.

I have plenty of gallery shots. Not completely updated as I have gained about 2-3% body fat in past 2 months.

I am mostly disappointed in arms. Barely 13"!

So, should I just get on track with clean bulk and lifting routine and continue clean bulk, or should I go back down to about 153 and start clean bulk over?

Thanks
    Why are you blaming snacks, kids and holidays? Those things are not the problem, you eating too much is the problem. Snacks, kids and holidays will always be in your life I would imagine. That being said, learn to diet and train in a manner that allows you to have your cake and eat it too
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Why are you blaming snacks, kids and holidays? Those things are not the problem, you eating too much is the problem. Snacks, kids and holidays will always be in your life I would imagine. That being said, learn to diet and train in a manner that allows you to have your cake and eat it too
    This is 100% accurate. Just got weak minded and lazy. Hurt wrist, and used going off a nice clean bulk because of the injury.

I am cutting again just to get body fat back down to where it should be and will retry and nice slow clean bulk.