Ab4Dayz2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Why aren't I loosing my gut

About a year ago I started trying to loose weight, I had no idea what I was doing so I just decided I was gonna stop eating as much, and do more cardio. Since then I've dropped from 200pounds to 150pounds I'm 5'11 (16 years old) and I look way to thin, except the most important part, my stomach. In the last few months I've stabilized my weight, and am starting to weight lift, and trying to eat more but my stomach doesn't seem to be getting any smaller what am I doing wrong, or does it just need more time (I think its slowly improving still but I'm not sure)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ab4Dayz2000; 11-14-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there isnt much of a gut there.. You probably lost a lot of muscle when dieting before and thats why you didnt lose much bodyfat. My belly doesnt go away easily either, i had to drop down really really low for any abs to show. Thats just how it is for many people. At this point you should be bulking so try no to be obsessed about just one part of your body.

AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ab4Dayz2000 View Post
    About a year ago I started trying to loose weight, I had no idea what I was doing so I just decided I was gonna stop eating as much, and do more cardio. Since then I've dropped from 200pounds to 150pounds I'm 5'11 (16 years old) and I look way to thin, except the most important part, my stomach. In the last few months I've stabilized my weight, and am starting to weight lift, and trying to eat more but my stomach doesn't seem to be getting any smaller what am I doing wrong, or does it just need more time (I think its slowly improving still but I'm not sure)
    Lost overall mass not fat while cutting due to improper technique. Now are likely "skinny fat". You're best bet is to bulk and keep lifting, then try a cut following recommended methods. Keep protein above 1 gram per pound lean mass and dont run too high of a deficit when you cut. Apparently bodyfat in pounds multiplied by a factor of 30 to 31 will give you what your safe deficit is.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are 16. Eat a well rounded diet and lift and take advantage of the fact that you are in your prime as far as the potential for muscle building goes. Following a good solid lifting program while eating well should be your focus, not "abs for days."

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Based on your pictures when I was your size I registered around 20% body fat. Yours might be lower but my point is my stomach didn't flatten (or the absence of it bulging out) until I got around 15%. Add to that you don't appear as though you've built up a great deal of muscle mass which is not only going to visually improve body composition but will also increase your daily caloric requirement which will work in your favor later on when you try to lose fat.
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

Ok so as I see it I need to really work on lifting and eating more and cut out most of the cardio is this correct?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    You don't have abs because you just started lifting. You still have a "gut" because you lost 50lbs without knowing what you were doing. Suck it up and try again in two years after you've lifted your ass off and gained LOTS of muscle.

There is nothing you can do to fix this in 6 months. Lift and gain weight until your 18. Shoot for 2lbs of weight gain per month. When you're 18 then start losing 1lb per week while lifting. There isn't a shortcut.

ok So I should quit trying to cut and just lift like crazy

AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ab4Dayz2000 View Post
    ok So I should quit trying to cut and just lift like crazy
    Well not like crazy, but yeah a regime that you like, and can stick with would help. Lot's of halfway decent ones on the main site. Choose a program and modify it if need be!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AcademicHulk View Post
    Well not like crazy, but yeah a regime that you like, and can stick with would help. Lot's of halfway decent ones on the main site. Choose a program and modify it if need be!
    If you feel the need to modify a program, I suggest asking for advice in the Workout Programs section. You may simply need a bit of direction rather than a change to the program.

I mean adding more to it. For myself I don't see the need to ask anyone when I decide to add 1 more excercise to an already good program. But I guess maybe that's just me..

Alright thanks for the advice