Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I don't know how you guys do it.

I'm doing a small cut right now and it's my first time ever doing one. Seriously, I don't know how you guys keep track of your protein, carbs, fats etc. I'm just so used to eating the foods I usually eat that changing it up whilst hitting my carbs, proteins and fats every day is difficult. I'm at 180 right now and I'm trying to lose a pound per week. From reading a few things, I believe these are my requirements:

Carbs: 145g
    Fats: 90g
    Proteins:180g

Can someone give me something to go off where I can hit these requirements every day? I don't have a blender nor do I use protein powder so I find it hard to meet these requirements through food. I usually just eat a white baguette with deli smoked ham for lunch which is 369 calories however I'm only getting 4 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates and 21 grams of protein. That's hardly anything right? Well, just look at what I have for breakfast; Fuel10k Porridge. A pot (which is 70 grams) gives me 41.1 grams of carbs, 3.2 grams of fat and 13.7 grams of protein; and as for dinner, it usually varies from fajitas, fish, steak, chicken, curry. For supper, I literally just have a small pot of fruit, occasionally 450g of yogurt and when I was bulking, I had another baguette haha.

I'm 15 right now, I did a dirty bulk because I was too lazy to count calories, and although I have gained strength I feel HEAVY and SLOW. Somehow I was able to go from 155lbs to 180 in like 2 and a half months.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

JeffCompass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don’t have to track calories. I prefer to and did throughout my teens, but that was just something that helped me stay on track. At your age if you have a general idea of what your eating and it’s clean that’s good enough. Make sure your workouts are intense and have common sense and portion controls. You don’t need to track to be successful. Feel free to ask any questions

MRG1402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JeffCompass View Post
    You don’t have to track calories. I prefer to and did throughout my teens, but that was just something that helped me stay on track. At your age if you have a general idea of what your eating and it’s clean that’s good enough. Make sure your workouts are intense and have common sense and portion controls. You don’t need to track to be successful. Feel free to ask any questions
    I think this is ok if the individual has a concept of they're eating, but most teens don't.

17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000) 17mahmoods is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm quite a boring person, who eats pretty much the same food everyday. Makes it a lot easier to gain and lose weight, never had to count calories.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program Spreadsheet *https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rpAdouVdLSqUJ-sDtT9p6PgLQ0iu5vzMEiHIY1YG2VI/edit?usp=sharing*

Originally Posted by MRG1402 View Post
    I think this is ok if the individual has a concept of they're eating, but most teens don't.
    I really think it's up to the individual and how well they are able to stay motivated. I like to keep track of the calories I eat since it helps me to stay motivated and reminds myself of my goals and plans. An individual can just be as serious and motivated without counting calories, but like you said a lot don't know exactly how many calories they're eating. It helps me at the least.

ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JeffCompass View Post
    I really think it's up to the individual and how well they are able to stay motivated. I like to keep track of the calories I eat since it helps me to stay motivated and reminds myself of my goals and plans. An individual can just be as serious and motivated without counting calories, but like you said a lot don't know exactly how many calories they're eating. It helps me at the least.
    What about meeting my daily requirements? E.g the amount of protein I consume a day might vary if I don't track it and so I might not get the results I want after a cut. I'm really afraid of losing the muscle I have gained when bulking and so I will be at the very start again...
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

Originally Posted by ICareSometimes View Post
    What about meeting my daily requirements? E.g the amount of protein I consume a day might vary if I don't track it and so I might not get the results I want after a cut. I'm really afraid of losing the muscle I have gained when bulking and so I will be at the very start again...
    Then in your case I’d use an app such as MyFitnessPal or MyPlate (or some good ol pen and paper) to track what your eating. Some don’t wish to track and choose foods they know are high in protein- it takes practice to know the protein dense foods and stuff like this. Eat high amounts of protein filled foods (Greek no sugar yogurt, whey, chicken, eggs, tuna) and continue to lift heavy so you will not lose muscle.
    Never Stop :)