Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    [Update 7:00PM] - The EA Community Team took to Reddit today to respond to critics about how it takes to earn stuff in the game. “Our goal involves creating a compelling progression path for all of our players,” the comment began. “There’s a lot of content at launch with even more coming via live service, and we’ll continuously adjust our progression mechanics to give players a sense of accomplishment as they explore all of Battlefront 2.”

The EA Reddit account continued,

“Heroes earned through Credits: The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes. We selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we’re looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we’ll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

Credits Earned: We’re looking at the results daily and will be continuing to tune this to ensure that players feel a meaningful sense of reward for the time they spend with Battlefront 2.”

From a Kotaku article today.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy jesus, I just read about the paywall stuff and wtf am I reading? When I heard pay to win I thought people were just talking about getting better star cards, I didn't know that the heroes, which is the biggest appeal to the game, are fuking locked.

I didn't know heroes were locked and you had to buy them with in game credits (or most likely your wallet). Apparently to afford to unlock Darth Vader it takes 40 hours played to afford him. What the fuk is this?

The outrage on reddit is nice to see, opposed to seeing people cuck to EA. I previously said that the most negged comment I saw on reddit was -6000 downvotes, oh no not anymore. The response comment from the EA manager on EA currently has 93,000 downvotes, 93 fuking thousand downvotes.

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes." - EA

Like how fuking stupid do they think their player base is? We all know why your doing it, yet they still have the balls to come out with bullchit lines like this.

Just when you think EA couldn't get any worse, they do. They have a full priced game which uses a Free-to-play model. Fuking lunacy.

Man, fuk this game. Anyone know who isn't unlocked?
    Last edited by JPeeper; 11-13-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    Not part of any crews crew

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guy on reddit paid $80 and still can't play as Vader. lmao

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    If you're referring to what I think you are, he means he bought the game (they're $80 in Canada, either that or he bought a deluxe version which would be $80USD), and can't play as Vader because he is locked behind a paywall.

JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Originally Posted by JPeeper View Post
    If you're referring to what I think you are, he means he bought the game (they're $80 in Canada, either that or he bought a deluxe version which would be $80USD), and can't play as Vader because he is locked behind a paywall.
    lllmmaooo oh lawdd
    Twinkcel fitness log

DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000) DirtyTorque is just really nice. (+1000)
    40 hours on average to unlock vader which makes you ask the question what if you’re on the other team?

EA’s getting alot of heat atm there was -70k downvotes on reddit 2 hours ago now it’s at 150k.

Will be the first game i don’t touch due to lootboxes/grind for not paying for lootboxes.

They want you to feel accomplished earning a hero after so many hours but you can just pay 2 win.
    ——CLEVELAND BROWNS——

-Lawsfallmute HBB 10/10 crew.
    -Always rep Lawsfallmute crew.
    -Never repped by Lawsfallmute crew.
    -Blocked by Lawsfallmute crew.
    -Keep Pwally out of Prison crew.

NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy jesus, I just read about the paywall stuff and wtf am I reading? When I heard pay to win I thought people were just talking about getting better star cards, I didn't know that the heroes, which is the biggest appeal to the game, are fuking locked.

I didn't know heroes were locked and you had to buy them with in game credits (or most likely your wallet). Apparently to afford to unlock Darth Vader it takes 40 hours played to afford him. What the fuk is this?

The outrage on reddit is nice to see, opposed to seeing people cuck to EA. I previously said that the most negged comment I saw on reddit was -6000 downvotes, oh no not anymore. The response comment from the EA manager on EA currently has 93,000 downvotes, 93 fuking thousand downvotes.

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes." - EA

Like how fuking stupid do they think their player base is? We all know why your doing it, yet they still have the balls to come out with bullchit lines like this.

Just when you think EA couldn't get any worse, they do. They have a full priced game which uses a Free-to-play model. Fuking lunacy.

Man, fuk this game. Anyone know who isn't unlocked?
    IIRC, it was Luke, Palpatine, Vader, Chewie, Leia, and the campaign sloot who were locked. Luke and Vader being locked at 60k; the others 20k or 40k? The others were unlocked.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they locked heroes behind a massive paywall. Oh wait, I do know what they were thinking: $$$. It's just such a shame because the game looks and plays great, but the fact that it would take a casual player who paid full price about a month to unlock just ONE hero is a joke. You're going to completely alienate a good chunk of the player base once they realize it's going to take them the rest of the year to unlock Vader when little Timmy paid for loot crates with Mommy's credit card and is chitting on you with him right now.

Game is dead after a month unless they fix it now.

edit: and we all know DLC content, which they announced as free, is going to be the exact same thing. You're going to need to pay another 60k credits to unlock General Grievous and the maps they add.
    FL IS THE GOAT STATE CREW

EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    “Our goal involves creating a compelling progression path for all of our players,” the comment began. “There’s a lot of content at launch with even more coming via live service, and we’ll continuously adjust our progression mechanics to give players a sense of accomplishment as they explore all of Battlefront 2
    If its so compelling why enable the ability to skip most of it and be Rambo on day 1?

Why even mention sense of accomplishment if you can skip it and be Rambo on day 1?

They're so full of **** but they know they will sell millions of units and millions more $$$ afterwards. The Star Wars IP is a license to print unlimited $$$ and they know it, no wonder Disney bought it off Lucas. On top of the film coming out where you can place at least 2 adverts before the films starts its going to sell a **** ton more.

If you buy into this and have no problems with it I want to know your reactions to future big games having this as a core feature.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wouldn't have an issue with unlocking heroes as you progress. That would be okay I guess. Gives you a goal to work towards. However, allowing someone to purchase them via paywall is where I draw the line.

Also, how do the heroes work? If you have a hero, can they be played at any time on any map? If so, that would get old to me. I hope that there is just a 'hero' mode like the previous installments.

Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Nope, I linked the video where a guy buys $90 in crates to test out the differences it makes, and compared it to the time investment it takes to get to the same place, and its substantial. It's pay to win, and they are implementing f2p cheese mechanics to push people to spend money to avoid inflated grind times, and I'm not supporting that nonsense.
    I was planning on buying BF2. I bought the first one and played it for a few weeks and then put it up because I felt like they dropped the ball. I have been excited about the new one because they supposedly improved upon the first one.

I am a Star Wars fanboy so it's hard to resist. But if it's pay to win, then count me out. I generally don't care about this sort of thing. But with how companies are implementing loot boxes and p2w, i really don't want any part of it any more.
    Last edited by jason_bh; 11-13-2017 at 06:57 AM.

keep the engine runnin eltwentyone's Avatar
    eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this game out yet? I really want to know if the negative press will have an impact on sales.
    Sig line can't be a novel

gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Activision made 3.6 billion off of micro transactions in 2016.
    EA made 1.6 billion off of micro transactions in Apr 2016-Mar 2017.

They give zero ****s and are just snorting coke off of hookers tits while getting BJs on the way to the bank to use their golden plated toilet to wipe their asses with your money. They can put in no effort and people will still buy because that's the consumer psyche.

Micro transactions have to be the most profitable and cancerous things that were ever added to games.
    It is not so much the major events as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living. . . Our lives are, in reality, the sum total of our seemingly unimportant decisions and of our capacity to live by those decisions. ― Gordon B. Hinckley

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Holy chit the EA response is down to 320k down votes on Reddit.

Take my PS4 away from me if I'm ever dumb enough to buy a game without knowing you need 40 hours of gameplay on an 8 hour campaign to unlock good characters. Smash my PS4 if I'm ever dumb enough to pay to play.. EA lining their pockets with micro transactions.

keep the engine runnin eltwentyone's Avatar
    eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gwem32170191 View Post
    activision made 3.6 billion off of micro transactions in 2016.
    Ea made 1.6 billion off of micro transactions in apr 2016-mar 2017.

They give zero ****s and are just snorting coke off of hookers tits while getting bjs on the way to the bank to use their golden plated toilet to wipe their asses with your money. They can put in no effort and people will still buy because that's the consumer psyche.

Micro transactions have to be the most profitable and cancerous things that were ever added to games.
    hnnngggggggg
    Sig line can't be a novel

AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DirtyTorque View Post
    40 hours on average to unlock vader which makes you ask the question what if you’re on the other team?

EA’s getting alot of heat atm there was -70k downvotes on reddit 2 hours ago now it’s at 150k.

Will be the first game i don’t touch due to lootboxes/grind for not paying for lootboxes.

They want you to feel accomplished earning a hero after so many hours but you can just pay 2 win.
    Tbing is though Vader is not stronger than any other hero.....so if you don't have Vader you can still run as Yoda...ren...etc.....so it doesn't unbalance things. I get what you saying but you still have 5 hero's to choose from. The only characters that are locked from the beginning and luke, Vader, princess Leila snd emperor whateverhisnameis....just setting things straight. Vader and luke die just as fast as any other hero.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Reps for life: LulzWorthy

AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    I wouldn't have an issue with unlocking heroes as you progress. That would be okay I guess. Gives you a goal to work towards. However, allowing someone to purchase them via paywall is where I draw the line.

Also, how do the heroes work? If you have a hero, can they be played at any time on any map? If so, that would get old to me. I hope that there is just a 'hero' mode like the previous installments.

I was planning on buying BF2. I bought the first one and played it for a few weeks and then put it up because I felt like they dropped the ball. I have been excited about the new one because they supposedly improved upon the first one.

I am a Star Wars fanboy so it's hard to resist. But if it's pay to win, then count me out. I generally don't care about this sort of thing. But with how companies are implementing loot boxes and p2w, i really don't want any part of it any more.
    You still have to do really well to play as a hero to accumulate points..Once you get let's say 6000 points in a match (playing objective or getting kils) you can spend them to play as a hero...if you don't have Vader or luke you can choose 5 other free heroes and play as those...its all about how much skill you have. If you suck and paid for Vader you might never play as him because you will never have points.....

What EA is doing is money grabbing mainly star wars fanboys but the game is not as unbalanced as you guys think judging by the comments..

Think of a racing game.......ferrari...bmw.....lexus...maserstti are all free...lambo you gotta grind for.....Ferrari is just as fast as lambo that you can play as...but if you want a lambo you gotta grind for that.....you can still compete against the lambo with your free Ferrari.

Just setting things straight for those that think about getting the game and not buying anything else...it's still competitive..FK EA anyway and hope they get rid of micro transactions period.

I love the gameplay and bought the game. Been playing the trial....it is what it is...with that said the next big game will probably be even worse with micro transactions. Once it gets to that point of p2w for me then I won't buy the product. As of now, it's not as bad as the media makes it to be. You honestly don't even need Vader or Luke at all unless you are a huge fan. I don't really know much about star wars or the universe. Just here for the gameplay.
    Last edited by AXnyc; 11-13-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So I've put in about 6-7 hours into the 10 hour trial so far and honestly I don't think I really care too much about the heroes... I actually prefer the 4 classes, or the vehicles over the heroes. I completely agree 200% that this business model is pure AIDS and is EA are abunch of kunts for doing so, but I'm still enjoying the game even without being able to play as Vader or Luke.

happy new years bitch yochrisss's Avatar
    yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://twitter.com/BiggSean66/statu...58496216670211

"So I'm up to 7 death threats, and over 1600 individual personal attacks now (and yes, for legal reasons I'm keeping track). And why, you might ask? Because of an unpopular feature in a game." -@BiggSean66

Chits getting srs now boyos
    only misc at work crew

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EA

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes."

Such... goddamn... pride.

While it's a positive sign that people are expressing some public outcry against these practices, it simply won't be enough even if every regular consumer refused to support microtransactions, full stop. Companies profit off of the smallest percentage of players who buy into these scams, and only the rest of us suffer, while the companies rack in exponentially climbing profits.

There are only two ways that we as consumers can fight against this issue.
    (1) Round up every video game whale and publicly emasculate them...

...or (2) stop buying these games, period.

Whales only continue bothering with microtransactions so long as there is enough fish to lord over with their paid advantages.

And you know what really takes the piss?
    Originally Posted by EA
    EA. It's in the Game!
    *Technically all content is "In the Game," but it is locked behind loot boxes, in-game currency that can be bought for real money, and/or exorbitant time requirements that no sane person will ever put up with.

The irony is that the sense of progression has been turned into a hamster wheel, and based on my understanding of how all of these fake currencies/time sinks work in Battlefront 2, by the time you've spun the wheel for enough hours to afford, say Vader, you can only choose between the hero or progressing with a trooper class. So it's not like you're being rewarded for playing well or achieving certain goals; you're basically clocking in time until you've earned enough fictional points to get one hero.

It's like being locked in a Star Wars themed Chuck-E-Cheese for two days straight just to be able to play with that Darth Vader action figure... or you can pay well over its real value to-
    *New metaphor!*
    Suddenly you're no longer inside of a Star Wars themed Chuck-E-Cheese, but a Star Wars themed Casino! And now you can pay to play the slots until you get enough junk that can be broken down into enough credits to then buy the Darth Vader action figure! Yaaaay...

Seriously, the entire "rewards" system is more obtuse than a mobile game, and it gives P2W advantages through pure stat bonuses.

Makes me think fondly back to the original COD4:MW because that seems like the golden age compared to this dystopian bollocks.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    So I've put in about 6-7 hours into the 10 hour trial so far and honestly I don't think I really care too much about the heroes... I actually prefer the 4 classes, or the vehicles over the heroes. I completely agree 200% that this business model is pure AIDS and is EA are abunch of kunts for doing so, but I'm still enjoying the game even without being able to play as Vader or Luke.
    Thats what im trying to say!! People are quick to bash EA and for the right reasons!! They are a horrible company with their business model.......BUT.....there is still 60 dollar game value to be had here without any crazy disadvantages. They are really preying on hardcore star wars fans that need those 2 heros. Think of having some famous navy seal in Battlefield 4....you probably won't give a **** to play as him if he's equal to every other class in Battlefield 4...at least you wouldn't spend the money. So you really dont need to spend the money for Vader or Luke because you still have 8 other heroes to play with from the pure game play and domination standpoint. Again i just want this to be clear for people that enjoy these types of games. If you wanna boycott it just for EA's practices alone, then you have a valid reason to do so. This practice in this game doesn't really affect an average FPS fan from domination perspective. It really affects hardcore star wars fans. You will dominate just as much with Ren and Yoda as you would with locked heroes....and the more skilled player will always win between Luke and Yoda or Ren.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Originally Posted by yochrisss View Post
    https://twitter.com/BiggSean66/statu...58496216670211

"So I'm up to 7 death threats, and over 1600 individual personal attacks now (and yes, for legal reasons I'm keeping track). And why, you might ask? Because of an unpopular feature in a game." -@BiggSean66

Chits getting srs now boyos
    I am really enjoy this **** show!!! The amount of attention this is getting is incredible. This will be a major victory if they actually change their model come release time due to the outcry!!!!!!! Somehow i doubt it though.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Originally Posted by nkiritsis13 View Post

Such... goddamn... pride.

While it's a positive sign that people are expressing some public outcry against these practices, it simply won't be enough even if every regular consumer refused to support microtransactions, full stop. Companies profit off of the smallest percentage of players who buy into these scams, and only the rest of us suffer, while the companies rack in exponentially climbing profits.

There are only two ways that we as consumers can fight against this issue.
    (1) Round up every video game whale and publicly emasculate them...

...or (2) stop buying these games, period.

Whales only continue bothering with microtransactions so long as there is enough fish to lord over with their paid advantages.

And you know what really takes the piss?

The irony is that the sense of progression has been turned into a hamster wheel, and based on my understanding of how all of these fake currencies/time sinks work in Battlefront 2, by the time you've spun the wheel for enough hours to afford, say Vader, you can only choose between the hero or progressing with a trooper class. So it's not like you're being rewarded for playing well or achieving certain goals; you're basically clocking in time until you've earned enough fictional points to get one hero.

It's like being locked in a Star Wars themed Chuck-E-Cheese for two days straight just to be able to play with that Darth Vader action figure... or you can pay well over its real value to-
    *New metaphor!*
    Suddenly you're no longer inside of a Star Wars themed Chuck-E-Cheese, but a Star Wars themed Casino! And now you can pay to play the slots until you get enough junk that can be broken down into enough credits to then buy the Darth Vader action figure! Yaaaay...

Seriously, the entire "rewards" system is more obtuse than a mobile game, and it gives P2W advantages through pure stat bonuses.

Makes me think fondly back to the original COD4:MW because that seems like the golden age compared to this dystopian bollocks.

Very well said.................Honestly, i feel like they gonna look back on these games in 10 years and say stuff like this should be illegal. Not to mention the whole ..random chance of rare card gambling aspect for it. Nobody knows what the chance it. Anyway, i completely i agree with everything that you said. With everything that i mentioned from my playing time so far, as far as being competitive,it is true, you can be...easily...BUT...if you think you gonna unlock everything in the game just by playing the game? NO WAY! At least you'll never catch up to a paying customer (although you don't need to, you'll just have to dominate with less variety). This is a real problem though.
    I also agree with you about whales....but a guy who spends a $100 on crates week one is not really a whale. A whale is a guy who spends a **** ton of money on a game to be no. 1 to create this false universe in which he's better than everyone else because he chooses to spend more money than anyone else. I don't think that environment exist in this game for now, but i can see EA pushing the envelope further and further..with each update or each new game. The only way to stop is, is to stop buying the game which not only will cost them money but also won't create an environment for that whale to exist in...since there won't be any fish. This game is not at this point yet and im really enjoying it....but if it was to get to that point then i would stop playing and support it. With that said, i hope the outcry continues and they change their practices....but it will take them a while to notice it before they will make a change. Id rather them charge $60 for expansion than have crates.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm on PS4 so I haven't played the game since the beta. However, in the beta, you could play as Rey on the Tatooine map set during The Clone Wars; an era long before she was born.

I read that unless you "unlock" the additional heroes/villains, your selection will also be limited in Heroes Vs Villains mode. To me, this is worse than having them locked in the other modes. HvV is all about playing as a hero/villain. Not having the option to choose between all of the Heroes/Villains (regardless if you've unlocked them) puts you and your team at a disadvantage.

Originally Posted by AXnyc View Post
    Tbing is though Vader is not stronger than any other hero.....so if you don't have Vader you can still run as Yoda...ren...etc.....so it doesn't unbalance things. I get what you saying but you still have 5 hero's to choose from. The only characters that are locked from the beginning and luke, Vader, princess Leila snd emperor whateverhisnameis....just setting things straight. Vader and luke die just as fast as any other hero.
    While he may not necessarily be stronger, each hero/villain has their strengths and weaknesses. Having less heroes/villains means being at a disadvantage when choosing characters best suited for each map.

Heroes Vs Villains was one of my favorite modes in Battlefront (2015). If I remember correctly, most of the original heroes benefited from long range attacks. Most of the Villains benefited being up close. The DLC heroes/villians changed things up a bit. This meant that as a villain,if you didn't have the DLC characters, your only option for a long range attacker was limited to Boba Fett.

This is how I remember the vanilla heroes/villains.
    • Luke - Fast and nimble. With his fast high jumping, you could pounce on unexpected enemy.
    • Vader - Slow but powerful, almost tank like. Could (originally) take out multiple enemies up close with his Force Choke.
    • Palpatine - (Somewhat) Slow but could do a lot of damage to multiple opponents from up close. Had means of quick escape.
    • Boba Fett - Could attack from from long distance (due to his originally homing rocket), as well as fly in and fly out. His EE-3 was great at medium range and okay from longer distances. Up close he had his flame thrower, which while not great, did some decent damage.
    • Han Solo - Mostly a medium to long distance player. His "Lucky Shot" not only locked on but was one shot kill even on Star Fighters. If surrounded, his shoulder charge allowed him to run away while causing damage to anyone in front of him.
    • Leia - Her EE11 was great at long distance and so long as she kept her distance, could heal herself or use her bubble for protection.

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They dropped hero “prices” by 75%. Wow such a big win for the community we can all go home now. Everyone re-order!!!!
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    They dropped hero “prices” by 75%. Wow such a big win for the community we can all go home now. Everyone re-order!!!!
    FUARK..JUST CHECKED!!! Everything is stupid cheap now!!!!! !!

BRB contacting EA Support to get my characters refunded lol since i bought one at original price. Lets see what happens.

HUGE win for the community.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think all big publishers will beadopting the MT practice but heres the thing. Right now they are still figuring out the market and revenue of the MTs and how well they profit. Since its based on player choice, it will take a while to see if theres a consistency to it. One year isnt enough, we are talkng at least a few.

I foresee them dropping the base price of video games, at least the big companies that use MTs, to half or less than the normal price.

Is it really that farfetched?

The only factor that I care about when it comes to playing a game is, do I want to play it.
    Carb Mal-absorption, no breads, sugary snacks, rice, pasta...live off of 30-40g a day.
    Eosinophilic eso****itis, cant ingest dairy or my eso****us closes up

NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NillaWafer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AXnyc View Post
    FUARK..JUST CHECKED!!! Everything is stupid cheap now!!!!! !!

BRB contacting EA Support to get my characters refunded lol since i bought one at original price. Lets see what happens.

HUGE win for the community.
    I gotta say, it's actually nice to hear a response from EA. Still gotta fix the credit rewards at the end of the match. Top player shouldn't be getting same as the bottom player. But it's a good first step.
    FL IS THE GOAT STATE CREW

lol, Gamestop bought $100 worth of loot crates and didn't even come up with half the credits to buy Vader.

To unlock Vader it costs $260 or 40 hours of grinding. AYYYYY LMAO

Also, the EA comment on reddit is now up to 460,000 downvotes. lol

Apparently there was also 70,000 cancelled pre-orders on Origin.

The fact they're locked is one thing, like someone said in the reddit thread, Smash Bros. had locked characters that you had to unlock through playing the game. The difference is you couldn't buy them with REAL FUKING MONEY on day 1 and then use them to play against other people, and more importantly it didn't take 40 hours of play time to unlock them. Most were unlocked within a couple hours of playing. If EA had any (they don't) decency they'd have them be unlockable through playing the campaign.

So EA says, "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes."

Meanwhile Call of Duty and Titanfall have Gen Up's, to show actual accomplishment. Titanfall to get up to 10 you had to complete challenges at every gen, gen 8 and 9 were hard af, get 50 wins, get 50 MVP's. When I got to Gen 10 I had an actual sense of accomplishment, even though it was a video game, I felt like I had accomplished something. Meanwhile, EA is making me grind out games, which are meaningless because I don't even have to be good to get the same amount of credits as someone who does well, so I can pay to use a character I paid for in the game, but was unlocked behind a pay wall. Fuk you.

I am obviously never fin favour of death threats and the such because it's juvenile, but I'm not even mad these muppets are getting them. I don't support it, but it doesn't upset me, these people are crooks and they are dealing with their customer base like a-holes.

lol, Gamestop bought $100 worth of loot crates and didn't even come up with half the credits to buy Vader.

To unlock Vader it costs $260 or 40 hours of grinding. AYYYYY LMAO

Also, the EA comment on reddit is now up to 460,000 downvotes. lol

Apparently there was also 70,000 cancelled pre-orders on Origin.

The fact they're locked is one thing, like someone said in the reddit thread, Smash Bros. had locked characters that you had to unlock through playing the game. The difference is you couldn't buy them with REAL FUKING MONEY on day 1 and then use them to play against other people, and more importantly it didn't take 40 hours of play time to unlock them. Most were unlocked within a couple hours of playing. If EA had any (they don't) decency they'd have them be unlockable through playing the campaign.

So EA says, "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes."

Meanwhile Call of Duty and Titanfall have Gen Up's, to show actual accomplishment. Titanfall to get up to 10 you had to complete challenges at every gen, gen 8 and 9 were hard af, get 50 wins, get 50 MVP's. When I got to Gen 10 I had an actual sense of accomplishment, even though it was a video game, I felt like I had accomplished something. Meanwhile, EA is making me grind out games, which are meaningless because I don't even have to be good to get the same amount of credits as someone who does well, so I can pay to use a character I paid for in the game, but was unlocked behind a pay wall. Fuk you.

I am obviously never fin favour of death threats and the such because it's juvenile, but I'm not even mad these muppets are getting them. I don't support it, but it doesn't upset me, these people are crooks and they are dealing with their customer base like a-holes.
    They should have just left all the heroes unlocked and just did the star cards in the crates...honestly all those star cards are pretty uselss....difference between level one and Epic is like your ability cooldown goes from 2 min at regular star card to 1 min and 45 at epic level...not a big deal. Glad the community won.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000) blank98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I knew they would cut the cost to unlock heroes after today. Don't think I ever seen that much negative feedback for a video game but did not expect 75% drop. Still scum of the earth company to me.

Will probably buy even though I absolutely hate supporting anything EA. I've just been so disappointed in Destiny 2 and I haven't heard much great things about the new Call of Duty. I bought the first Battlefront at 50% off (wasnt going to buy that game for full price with the insanely small amount of content) it was pretty fun other then it was super shallow and gameplay was kinda bland. Looks like they've improved this game in all aspects other then the whole loot crate controversy.

ALso I just seen this

THats not pay to win at all..
    Last edited by blank98; 11-13-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★

Originally Posted by NillaWafer View Post
    I gotta say, it's actually nice to hear a response from EA. Still gotta fix the credit rewards at the end of the match. Top player shouldn't be getting same as the bottom player. But it's a good first step.
    I think they already mentioned that once game is live that will be fixed. The better you do the more credits you'll get.
    LOL i just went to talk to EA support since the price reduction.....they gave me 10 extra hours of my trial to play till the game goes live, 15% discount code to use on whatever...and since i purchased a 40k hero with the $100 i droped on crates, they are refunding me the difference (30k)...so i can unlock all other heroes with that. Im pretty happy.

Also right now the way the system in Trial, it will take you like 10 hours to unlock Vader and 6 hours or less to unlock other heroes. If they stay true to their word and incrase credit drops for doing better you should be able to unlock all characters even faster.

That problem it presents is that all players will have all heroes so they will always be inuse during the match since everyone wilil have them. They should have left them at 30k per character and UNABLE to unlock with money at all. This way it would make them more rare and unique.
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*