Closed Thread
    the_hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tips for an ectomorph

guys, need help. i am an ectomorph-built type. i would like to know what exercises must i do, what supplements should i take, and what kind of diet should i follow, in order for me to attain the maximum amount of muscle gains?

is it better if i take prohormones as well? if so, what kind of prohormone should i take?

thanks for all your much-needed information.

Gaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't take any prohormones...

You need to use compound exercises like the bench press, military press, squats, deadlifts, pull ups etc...

You need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, high carbs (about 3-4 x bodyweight) and get your fats from good cources like olive oil.

Search around the site, you'll find all the information you need in more detail.

You might want to have a look at this guys site as well...

www.skinnyguy.net

thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am an ectomorph just like you. I've found that compound movements work really well, along with some isolation high rep work at the end of a workout. Also don't use sloppy form with the compound movements...concentrate more on your form than how much weight you can put up.

Diet is even more crucial than the workout part. I could be on an awesome and grueling workout plan, and never get big. You should consume adequate protein and plenty of calories.

Also, don't overtrain and do too many sets. Go to failure and use heavy weight only every 2 to 3 weeks. I hope this helps...

1. consume 25x yourbodyweight in calories per day.
    2. 2x your bodyweight in grams of protein per day.
    3. limit cardio to 2-3x per week and less than 20mins per
    4. sleep at least 9 hours every day
    5. stick to compound movements and heavy weight/ low reps

Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Salty99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bumpppp

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Salty99 View Post
    bumpppp
    Strong red bump

abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) abdunawaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Small shoulders really sucks for attraction

Ceora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As much as it seems like a simple answer "eat more" is really it, sucks to get used to but I changed up my diet to what it should have been months ago and made sure I had a solid routine. Week 2 of the change up and I am up 2-3 solid lbs.

Location: Northampton, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    AlexxGordonn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, i am an ectomorph and i need some help in bulking up! i have been reading around the net and in books for a while now and i have a familiar sense of bulking up and what i need to do. But i want to know from people who are ectomorphs and who have gotten big of the last couple of years. Please help me, with diets and excersises... would really appreciate it!
    many thanks

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ;15781
    1. consume 25x yourbodyweight in calories per day.
    2. 2x your bodyweight in grams of protein per day.
    3. limit cardio to 2-3x per week and less than 20mins per
    4. sleep at least 9 hours every day
    5. stick to compound movements and heavy weight/ low reps
    Tha fuk

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stop f*cking bumping a 10+ year old thread.
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

pokesquid57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys! I'm posting these stats but also wanted to let you guys know i have a ******** site for Ectomorphs like me. It shows all my progress and what i've been trying so far. Everything from supplements, to workouts, to whatever i can think of! It's like a online journal about my progress. Also, i want feed back from other people too! I have a lot of questions and want to hear from other ectomorphs like me so if you are interested, you can search me on ******** at

"i am ectomorph"

Feel free to join! Shoots!

Height 5'6"
    Weight: 140
    Body fat: 11-12%
    Bicep: 15"
    Bench: 265 (207x11 I have to use kilograms so the weight is weird)
    Squat: 355 (275x15 Parallel)
    Dead-lift: 415 (320x12)

Lifting for 2 years. Went from weighing 120 to 140. Bench started from about 135 to 265 now. Not monitoring my diet at all. No pro-hormones, Hgh, test, or insulin. Natural only protein and creatine supplements. Gains stopped and it takes like 3 months to move up my 1RM 5 pounds on the bench.
    You may not be where you want to be but you are not where you were yesterday! Don't give up!

hoseamays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can anyone recommend a good protein powder specifically for ecto hardgainers? Looking to start a new cycle and there's not a lot of recommendations from what I can find online. Info from other ecto's is greatly appreciated! I saw some complaints about this being an old post, sorry if resurrecting it kills your vibe.

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As an ectomorph I was always told to put an effort and always eat more than you think it's enough.

Program-wise, just anyone that works like the stickied.

goldysuri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys I'm 43 year old ectomorph (very much hard gainer) 80 kg 6 feets male , i have 4 days split schedule. Kindly let me know how can i make bulky body at least i need my weight should be 90 kg and thick and big muscles .
    Please tell me all about how many sets/raps i should do and want to work on my weak forearms......
    Will be highly appreciate.