Kalobanator is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile New to Keto. Diet question...

Hey there, I am looking into starting a keto diet for weight loss. A friend has been doing it for a few weeks now, and he said that he can eat as much food as he wants as long as its keto friendly (low carb, no sugar). What peaked my interest is that it at least "seemed" simple according to how he described it, and you don't have to starve yourself. He said he eats as much meat, eggs, cheeses as he wants, and he is still losing 5 lbs a week. I wanted to know if this is the basically the way it works, or if he is just doing a simplified version that doesn't yeild appropriate results.

The thing that is concerning me is that I have seen several articles online describing a much more complicated and complex definition of keto that makes my head hurt. I want to just be able to have a group of foods such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, blah blah, that I can start with without having to think to much about it. Eventually I would add things and research some calculation here and there once the induction phase is over, but I basically just want to not count anything for the most part, and just eat from the permitted groups as much as it takes to keep me full. I am coming from a weight watchers scenario, and although I have lost lots of weight on it, I am getting pretty sick of counting and counting. I just wanna eat.

TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrackMyFatloss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much do you weigh?

How tall are you?

Do you exercise? If so what do you do?

What is your favourite type of food?

Do you drink alcohol?