squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lifting / HIIT shoes for wide feet

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post. I did a search but wasn't able to find relatively up-to-date information. Was wondering if something came up in the past year or so / about to be released that might be worth a look.

Beginner lifter here and I have 3E wide feet and have almost always had trouble finding a pair of shoes that aren't a squeeze.

I want to take lifting more seriously and also currently do HIIT - is there a pair of shoes you would recommend?
    So far I have seen people say the Nike Med Con 3's or Reebok Men's Crossfit Lite TR are good, or the Nike Romaleos, though they seem to be best used exclusively for lifting. Do-Wins sound like a good bet too but I don't know where I can try them on before buying online. Also I've seen posts suggesting to stay away from Adidas in general as they tend to run narrower.

Taking a step back, should I not even consider to get a pair of shoes that are somewhat halfway effective for lifting/HIIT and instead get a pair for lifting and another for just working out?

Would love your thoughts and suggestions, thank you!

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only one I think is appropriate for both would be Chuck Taylors
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    The only one I think is appropriate for both would be Chuck Taylors
    was considering that as well and I do have a pair, but they run kinda narrow and aren't the most comfortable so i've left them unused for a while unfortunately...

but thank you for the input!

ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRose67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I occasionally do crossfit type workouts in a pair of New Balance Minimus... they are fairly neutral and with a fairly hard sole. If they are available in a comfortable width it might be a good choice.

Otherwise I'd second the recommendation for chucks or vans.

onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have pretty wide feet as well and I love my old Nano 3.0's. I don't know if the newer versions are narrower or not, but the ones I have fit great. Also heard the Nike Romaleo 2's are pretty wide. I have the 3's but don't know if they are a different width than the 2's.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One of the minimus NB trainers in 2E or 4E would probably be the best. You might look at the SABO deadlifting shoe (from maxbarbell)

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have wide feet & wear a 2E or 3E (2E is snug & "athletic", 3E is comfortable).

I've destroyed a number of chuck taylor shoes. I couldn't get them one without the help of a pair of pliers. My Nike Romaleos 2 fit really well. I'm shocked at how wide they actually are. They are great for people with wide feet. I also have 3 pair of Reebok Crossfit TRs, but currently only using one pair.

Personally, I'd rather have a pair of shoes to do HIIT & another pair for squatting.
    I actually just use running shoes for cardio. I use the Crossfit TRs for a powerlift style of squatting. I use the Nike Romaleos specifically for Olympic squats (narrow stance) and front squats. It never hurts to have the right tool for the job.

If you have google ankle flexibility, you probably don't need a oly shoe with a raised heel. I can't say I even bothered with a raised heel until 7 or 8 years of lifting. Even then, it only had a 1/2".
    My experience with Weightlifting shoes started with VS athletics. They currently make a shoe that's $90. If their sizing holds true from before, the shoes are wide. I never had issues fitting into them at all. They do run a 1/2 size small, but they state that on the site.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Originally Posted by ChuckRose67 View Post
    I occasionally do crossfit type workouts in a pair of New Balance Minimus... they are fairly neutral and with a fairly hard sole. If they are available in a comfortable width it might be a good choice.

Otherwise I'd second the recommendation for chucks or vans.
    Thank you, will try that out.

Originally Posted by onelochevy View Post
    I have pretty wide feet as well and I love my old Nano 3.0's. I don't know if the newer versions are narrower or not, but the ones I have fit great. Also heard the Nike Romaleo 2's are pretty wide. I have the 3's but don't know if they are a different width than the 2's.
    I read that the Nano's are great too, although the latest 7's aren't as good as the 6's. Also that the metcons are a little more flexible and so likely better for HIIT. Will definitely go try them out too, thank you

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    One of the minimus NB trainers in 2E or 4E would probably be the best. You might look at the SABO deadlifting shoe (from maxbarbell)
    Haven't heard of the SABO deadlifting shoe before but a quick google showed I could get them off Maxbarbell (interesting they accept bitcoin) / Amazon. I guess the only thing is that I can't exactly try them on first. I will try out the minimus NB trainers though, great to see that they come in wide sizes

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I have wide feet & wear a 2E or 3E (2E is snug & "athletic", 3E is comfortable).

I've destroyed a number of chuck taylor shoes. I couldn't get them one without the help of a pair of pliers. My Nike Romaleos 2 fit really well. I'm shocked at how wide they actually are. They are great for people with wide feet. I also have 3 pair of Reebok Crossfit TRs, but currently only using one pair.

Personally, I'd rather have a pair of shoes to do HIIT & another pair for squatting.
    I actually just use running shoes for cardio. I use the Crossfit TRs for a powerlift style of squatting. I use the Nike Romaleos specifically for Olympic squats (narrow stance) and front squats. It never hurts to have the right tool for the job.

If you have google ankle flexibility, you probably don't need a oly shoe with a raised heel. I can't say I even bothered with a raised heel until 7 or 8 years of lifting. Even then, it only had a 1/2".
    My experience with Weightlifting shoes started with VS athletics. They currently make a shoe that's $90. If their sizing holds true from before, the shoes are wide. I never had issues fitting into them at all. They do run a 1/2 size small, but they state that on the site.
    I tried o the Romaleos and agree that they fit well. For me it's now a debate between whether I want an in-between pair of shoes or a pair for HIIT and another for squatting... I do have a pair of running shoes that I use for basically everything now. Especially as a beginner, I don't know if it'll make much of a difference to invest in so many pairs of shoes. Thanks for introducing the VS athletics shoes!

Thank you all for the insights!

Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone that suggests Chucks for a person who says they have wide feet doesn't know what they're talking about. Chucks are the narrowest shoes out there. If you really want a flat, low-tech sole to put on your feet ala chucks, then get a Dunham Camden in 4E. They make other loafers with the same outsole, but the Camden is the only one you can lace up tight so that your foot doesn't shift while deadlifting. I bought a bunch on closeout years ago for like $40 bucks each, since I wear a size 15 4E (sometimes 16 depending on manufacturer coughNewBalancecough). My gym was strict and didn't allow deadlifting in socks, so I'd just use my oldest crappiest pair of Camdens.

I also have the old style Pendlay Do-Wins. They're not exactly wide, but they're probably the best shot you have. Just get a FULL SIZE smaller. Since I'm between a 15 and 16, I figured I should just go with the 15s. Now I'm stuck with a shoe that works great for squats but nevertheless feels like a clown shoe since there is so much space ahead of my toes. Despite having them for years, they're still in brand-new condition due to walking around the squat rack like I'm wearing scuba flippers and kicking them off when I'm done.

As far as wide running/HIIT shoes, there are 2 options. It depends on if you have a narrower heel and like a snugger fit, or if most of the width is around your ankle. If you have a wide forefoot and a narrower heel, I really like the extra wide (4E) Under Armour Speedform Gemini 3. This is literally the only good running shoe that UA makes. The rest of them will destroy your knees or cause an ankle injury, because they are so unstable and so bad. Otherwise, the Saucony Echelon series is your go-to shoe. The Echelon is only labeled as a "3E", but it is by far the most wide-foot friendly shoe out there. Believe me, I have like 20 pairs of all different stuff. I use the Sauconies for everyday stuff, including going to the gym. I only prefer the UAs when I go on a run, due to being able to more reliably secure my heel. That should tell you something about how wide the Echelons are.

You'll have a better selection if you're under a size 13, but otherwise I think my advice may be your best shot.

buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just went through this myself. I wear New Balance in a 4E width and frequently i run into comfort issues with some NB 4E shoes as well. When I could wear narrower shoes I used to wear the Minimus line but they only go so far as a 2E in width.

This past week I ordered Do-Wins from Rogue and Romaleo 3's from Nike. The Do win's are clearly wider but had a sloppy fit. To my shock and awe I can fit in the Romaleos and am going to keep them. I've been wearing the Romeleos for squat and deadlifts and just change into my running shoes when I'm doing anything else.

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have really wide feet, but the Chuck Taylors are notoriously narrow.

I got these and am happy with them. They only go up to D width. So they probably won't work for squesto. But anyone else needing wider Chucks, they're great. I just have to make sure to keep the laces really spread in front so they don't squish my toes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have some old FiveFingers still but never bother to wear them anymore.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do-Wins off Amazon,
    They email you for exact measurements so you don;t need to try them on.

Had them for 6 months+ can't fault them for anything
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

I wanted to provide a quick update - tried on the Nike Med Con 3's and they fit pretty well, didn't even need to upsize. I have not yet decided whether I want to get them and neither have I tried using them for a workout, but just fit wise it's not too bad!

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I saw over the weekend that Reebok is releasing a Brian Shaw shoe - it looks eerily similar to the old Reebok Lite TR which is like a Chuck on steroids but also had a specifically designed wide toe box. Might be something to keep an eye on.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw over the weekend that Reebok is releasing a Brian Shaw shoe - it looks eerily similar to the old Reebok Lite TR which is like a Chuck on steroids but also had a specifically designed wide toe box. Might be something to keep an eye on.
    They're great, but not for HIIT. Depending what kind of HIIT exercises he's doing, it'll be heal/toe dependent.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Originally Posted by obey46 View Post
    They're great, but not for HIIT. Depending what kind of HIIT exercises he's doing, it'll be heal/toe dependent.
    I use mine or Chucks for HIIT
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use mine or Chucks for HIIT
    What types of HIIT do you do? I barely can go for a walk on Metcons they're so flat.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61

What types of HIIT do you do? I barely can go for a walk on Metcons they're so flat.
    hill sprints, suicides, battle ropes, now sled work... I wear them when walking with my weighted vest too. I don't know what Metcons are like, but the TR Lites are beefed up Chuck Taylors
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

hill sprints, suicides, battle ropes, now sled work... I wear them when walking with my weighted vest too. I don't know what Metcons are like, but the TR Lites are beefed up Chuck Taylors
    Yeah I had two pairs of TR lites. They were great.

I live around pavement areas so chucks are a no go w/ that hard impact and no cushion.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61

Yeah I had two pairs of TR lites. They were great.

I live around pavement areas so chucks are a no go w/ that hard impact and no cushion.
    my buddy just ran a marathon this weekend in Chucks.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

my buddy just ran a marathon this weekend in Chucks.
    Chuck I's or Chuck II's? I'm sure he can if he's a runner.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61

I don't know.

What issues do you have with them?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

I don't know.

What issues do you have with them?

It just varies, for HIIT running I just prefer not to have a flat sole. Granted they were originally made for basketball shoes but shoes have come along way in foot support. Chuck II's actually have Nike Lunarlon soles which is decent for running, but awful for lifting due to the soft cushion sole.

I also accumulated 300 pairs (buy/resell) of sneakers once finishing my gym.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61

This is pretty much what I do, along with burpees, weighted pullups, crunches etc.

Just to provide an additional update, I finally settled on a Reebok Nano 2 (http://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-cros....0/J94326.html) which is really spacious at the toebox and fits me perfect. At the same size (US 9 for me) they were definitely wider than the Met Con 3.

Eventually I decided that I can compromise by lifting in them (or even barefoot) and wait till I am actually a more experienced/heavier lifter before I start going into weightlifting shoes like the romaleos.

Thank you everyone for your advice I appreciate it!

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as I've gotten older my feet have spread out so I'm gradually having to replace my shoes. Found the NB Minimus 20v6 fit pretty good in 2E, nice hard sole