Michael01T is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Running Shoes for Training

As someone whose still at school, we do a lot of different types of training exercises, including running, drills, sports (on grass), etc.... I have just brought a pair of 'Nike free rn', got them for cheap, but still, would they be able to survive these types of training and fitness, even though their running shoes. Thanks for the support

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for running work they're probably fine, wouldn't be my choice for in the weight room. About 4 years ago my son use to use Nike Free 5 training shoes for running, some skill work on grass (or football cleats), and lifting. The Nike Free 5 and Nike Free 3 trainers had fairly thin soles and so were a rather popular choice among the football players . Those have been supplanted by the Nike Metcon's which are a popular choice for training shoes by athletes. The Nike Free 3 and 5 running shoes are different and have too thick of a sole for weight room use. Due to some foot issues (overuse issues) during track pre-season work my son uses a cushioned running shoe for running work and a thin soled shoe for lifting (Reebok TR Light)

Michael01T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    for running work they're probably fine, wouldn't be my choice for in the weight room. About 4 years ago my son use to use Nike Free 5 training shoes for running, some skill work on grass (or football cleats), and lifting. The Nike Free 5 and Nike Free 3 trainers had fairly thin soles and so were a rather popular choice among the football players . Those have been supplanted by the Nike Metcon's which are a popular choice for training shoes by athletes. The Nike Free 3 and 5 running shoes are different and have too thick of a sole for weight room use. Due to some foot issues (overuse issues) during track pre-season work my son uses a cushioned running shoe for running work and a thin soled shoe for lifting (Reebok TR Light)
    But in general for training in the park, and running they would be alright? because im worried they would tear easily