Tommustoe12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Short cut to size

Hi People,

So I am following SHORT CUT TO SIZE and making some good increases in weight and seeing my body change for the good.

what I am doing though is not getting any DOMS. I am pushing myself to my hardest and pretty much failing at every last rep, but I don't have a spotter so I know I could probably push a little more out with a spotter.

I am just wondering if I don't get DOMS just because of my body adapting. I am not on the best of diet at the minute due to being posted away with work and eating out of a **** canteen. I do try and get the better food and I'm taking a good amount of protein a day I would say. (2 chicken breast and a 25g Protein Shake) and I suppose I get a average amount of carbs in daily also. Also I take a 10g scoop of BCAA through training

If anyone could shed some light on why this maybe I would be more than grateful. personally I don't think i have ever got DOMS or only very minimal apart from once after i had not trained legs for a year due to an injury, so my first day back i was in DOM agony for a good few days. on the rare occasion I have DOMS i actually enjoy it as i know i have worked hard in the gym the day before and also it feels quite good to stretch them off. (i dont have a fetish that i know of!! )

cheers

Tom

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommustoe12 View Post
    Hi People,

So I am following SHORT CUT TO SIZE and making some good increases in weight and seeing my body change for the good.

what I am doing though is not getting any DOMS. I am pushing myself to my hardest and pretty much failing at every last rep, but I don't have a spotter so I know I could probably push a little more out with a spotter.

I am just wondering if I don't get DOMS just because of my body adapting. I am not on the best of diet at the minute due to being posted away with work and eating out of a **** canteen. I do try and get the better food and I'm taking a good amount of protein a day I would say. (2 chicken breast and a 25g Protein Shake) and I suppose I get a average amount of carbs in daily also. Also I take a 10g scoop of BCAA through training

If anyone could shed some light on why this maybe I would be more than grateful. personally I don't think i have ever got DOMS or only very minimal apart from once after i had not trained legs for a year due to an injury, so my first day back i was in DOM agony for a good few days. on the rare occasion I have DOMS i actually enjoy it as i know i have worked hard in the gym the day before and also it feels quite good to stretch them off. (i dont have a fetish that i know of!! )

cheers

Tom
    Don't go to or 'pretty much' at failure on every set.

Daily calories and carbs/fat/protein are what you need to know. Also average weekly bodyweight change, so you know how to adjust those calories.

No need for BCAA if you get adequate daily protein.

Hitting muscles frequently enough (let's say, 2x per week) along with reasonable diet and rest you shouldn't really get sore. Soreness mostly comes from doing things you are not used to doing, which includes not doing them frequently enough (once per week frequency with high volume is good for getting sore, usually not the best for rate of progression though, as an example)

Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    soreness means very little in bodybulding. Focus on your strength and weight increases.