I post too much. SuperChieftain's Avatar
    SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Better late than never Super Chief

I am just starting to work out, so figured i'd make a log to track my progress like others here. I've worked out in the past, but always gave up because of some dumb excuse. I'm 34 now, and my diet consists of garbarge. I mainly sit at a desk everyday, unless i have to go to an actual job site, so i don't move around a whole lot. I have high cholesterol, so that is really what made me want to start. I am very weak, so i have only been exercising at home, trying to get my body used to it, before i try going to the gym. I pretty much just do pushups, crunches and curls, so i probably won't be updating this too much at first.

I'm 6'1, and the last time i weighed myself a month ago i was 240lbs, which i don't look like the weights gone up or down. I am also trying to figure out the whole macro thing. I am eating healthier than i was, but i am still learning how to track calories and protein, so i have no clue how many of those i consume per day.

I'm posting a picture, though i was hesitant, so in a year from now i can see how far i've come. Any advice would be more than welcome.

Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperChieftain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still just doin stuff around the house, trying to build up my strenght a little.

Last night i did about 40 pushups, 40 bicep curls, and 40 cruches. I weighed myself this morning and am 229lbs.

I didn't hit my calories, or protein yesterday, still trying to figure out my diet, but i'm getting closer to getting it down.
    Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was almost exactly where you are when I started to cut back in Feb. I had been back in the gym for about 4 months after not lifting for close to a year. I am 6'2 and was 235 and 34 years old and also have a very sedentary job.

Here is a thread I made a while showing my progress: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177431681

I have some more pics on my bodyspace since I've lost an additional 10lbs since that thread. If you're not good at counting calories I can't recommend OMAD enough. Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread if you have any questions and I'd be glad to help you man

Edit: Also get a gym membership and start doing compound exercises: squats, deads, bench, OHP or olympic lifts: snatch, c&J, C&P. You'll have to start out light but that's okay because you'll build strength quickly so once you start losing the weight you'll look good. I can't stress the lifting part enough

You can get really good results in a fairly short amount of time as long as you stick to your plan. I went from looking fairly average for my age to incredibly good for my age in less than 6 months

If you insist on staying at home to begin with do one of those workout vids like P90X or insanity
    Last edited by TBO1313; 11-19-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

Originally Posted by TBO1313 View Post
    I was almost exactly where you are when I started to cut back in Feb. I had been back in the gym for about 4 months after not lifting for close to a year. I am 6'2 and was 235 and 34 years old and also have a very sedentary job.

Here is a thread I made a while showing my progress: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177431681

I have some more pics on my bodyspace since I've lost an additional 10lbs since that thread. If you're not good at counting calories I can't recommend OMAD enough. Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread if you have any questions and I'd be glad to help you man
    That's pretty much what i've been doing for a long time, unintentionally. The problem was i was eating fast food with a lot of calories, then drinking a lot of beer, and snacking on random things at night. Been eating cleaner, so hoping that will help. Thanks man, i appreciate the offer, i will definitely hit you up if i have any questions. Also, good job on the transformation.
    Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TBO1313 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SuperChieftain View Post
    That's pretty much what i've been doing for a long time, unintentionally. The problem was i was eating fast food with a lot of calories, then drinking a lot of beer, and snacking on random things at night. Been eating cleaner, so hoping that will help. Thanks man, i appreciate the offer, i will definitely hit you up if i have any questions. Also, good job on the transformation.
    This is your issue.

It is extremely hard to overeat if you only eat once a day and your goal size is over 175 lbs which it should be for your frame and height. I still eat fast food for my one meal sometimes and let me give an example of what I get.

McDonalds: 3 double cheeseburgers (chesse and meat only because that's just my personal preference) and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour sauce

BK: 2 whoppers ( cheese and meat only), 10 nuggets and 2 tacos no lettuce

Wendy's: 3 double cheeseburgers, small chili and 6 piece nugget

I drink about 30 oz of 2% milk with every night time meal because i love milk and it helps to make sure I get my protein in

The beer and snacking adds a lot more calories than you realize. If I'm just snacking on baked lays I'll end up eating more calories of that than I would at a full meal
    6'2"

Originally Posted by TBO1313 View Post
    This is your issue.

It is extremely hard to overeat if you only eat once a day and your goal size is over 175 lbs which it should be for your frame and height. I still eat fast food for my one meal sometimes and let me give an example of what I get.

McDonalds: 3 double cheeseburgers (chesse and meat only because that's just my personal preference) and a 10 piece mcnugget with sweet and sour sauce

BK: 2 whoppers ( cheese and meat only), 10 nuggets and 2 tacos no lettuce

Wendy's: 3 double cheeseburgers, small chili and 6 piece nugget

I drink about 30 oz of 2% milk with every night time meal because i love milk and it helps to make sure I get my protein in

The beer and snacking adds a lot more calories than you realize. If I'm just snacking on baked lays I'll end up eating more calories of that than I would at a full meal
    Only problem with a diet like that, is i have high cholesterol and supposed to stay away from saturated fat, which that stuff is loaded with.
    Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have the advantage of being a man ( you guys lose weight so much faster and, it would seem, easier. Not saying it's easy but I've watched couples try to lose and the man always loses faster). I'm a shirty so every lb on me looks like 10. So you've got that in your favour: height. Also, you have a good incentive: your cholesterol is high and you want to remedy that without having to go the meds route, yes? Looks like you're on the right path and not going crazy (faster burnout).

I loaded an app to count macros. Looked at it for about 10 mins and that's the last I saw of it. I'm not trying to lose weight, though. Maybe you could try that. Not sure about a fast food diet being your friend. When I was losing weight, years ago, I was doing a lot of cardio, along with light weights and a ton of reps.

Perhaps you can use this journal for accountability. Try cooking easy, quick meals maybe.
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

Originally Posted by NerdyLady View Post
    You have the advantage of being a man ( you guys lose weight so much faster and, it would seem, easier. Not saying it's easy but I've watched couples try to lose and the man always loses faster). I'm a shirty so every lb on me looks like 10. So you've got that in your favour: height. Also, you have a good incentive: your cholesterol is high and you want to remedy that without having to go the meds route, yes? Looks like you're on the right path and not going crazy (faster burnout).

I loaded an app to count macros. Looked at it for about 10 mins and that's the last I saw of it. I'm not trying to lose weight, though. Maybe you could try that. Not sure about a fast food diet being your friend. When I was losing weight, years ago, I was doing a lot of cardio, along with light weights and a ton of reps.

Perhaps you can use this journal for accountability. Try cooking easy, quick meals maybe.
    That's the plan, i guess i should have titled it my accountability journal lol.

I'm already on the medication route for the cholesterol, so there's that. I also downloaded that my fitness pal app to track my calories etc. and hopefully i do burn the fat off fast, but we will see lol.
    Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

Took it easy yesterday cuz i wasn't feeling great.
    Just did some curls and pushups.
    I'm still not hitting my calories so i'm gonna look up some meal preps to hit my macros.
    The weird thing is that i weighed myself yesterday morning and weighed 229, weighed myself this morning and it said 224.
    Is it even possible to lose 5 pounds in a day?
    I went from eating fast food every day, and i cut that out. I also cut my sugar waaaay down. I don't know if my scale just isn't accurate, or if i really lose 5 pounds.
    Not an incel.
    Wk phaggot.
    Rep beggar.

Originally Posted by SuperChieftain View Post
    Took it easy yesterday cuz i wasn't feeling great.
    Just did some curls and pushups.
    I'm still not hitting my calories so i'm gonna look up some meal preps to hit my macros.
    The weird thing is that i weighed myself yesterday morning and weighed 229, weighed myself this morning and it said 224.
    Is it even possible to lose 5 pounds in a day?
    I went from eating fast food every day, and i cut that out. I also cut my sugar waaaay down. I don't know if my scale just isn't accurate, or if i really lose 5 pounds.
    Your weight will go up and down depending on water weight and other things. As long as you are moving in a positive direction weekly then its all good. If it was down 5 lbs today expect it to be up a little tomorrow
    6'2"

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In for weight loss and lift gains