Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RatioStrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the response.
    Good grief, so I should expect my best price would be $6,100 plus delivery and tax..... whew!
    Brutal!
    It is still on my list.
    That "progressive stabilization bar" should be on all functional trainers. Hoist seems to have one, but it seems like a cheap, VERY useful add-on, so it would be nice to see a similar accessory retroactively available for other machines.

Originally Posted by ripper238 View Post
    The MSRP has gone up a bit (~$500+ depending on model), but the cost to the dealer has gone up quite a bit (Thanks LifeFitness), so that will effect your ability to negotiate a lower price like before.

The tariffs have not really effected Cybex strength since most of it is made in the US.

Hopefully now that a new company bought LifeFitness/Cybex things will get back to normal.

Totally agree, the Bravo is super small relative to all others. And it fits into a corner super well.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RatioStrain View Post
    How much have Bravo's increased? I'm using your post as a standard for negotiating with my local dealer, but perhaps tariffs have affected the prices over the past year or two.

I bought my Bravo Used, but certainly here in the UK, if sourcing a new Bravo go directly to LifeFitness, even with shipping they offered the best price by some distance.

One point to remember, the Bravo Installation isn't easy, there are a lot of components, many of them heavy and awkward. My Bravo was certainly the most challenging piece I've put together and I've installed a lot of gym equipment.

No matter what, I'll probably have the thing delivered and built. I'm handy, but for $399 or so, it might be nice to relax while it is assembled.
    The downside is that I won't be nearly as familiar with the machine letting others build it. When it comes time to move, I'll be in a bit of a lurch deciphering the best way to break it down.
    Regardless, I haven't decided if I want to go super affordable (Inspire FTX, FT1, ...) or crazy nice, like the Bravo. The cheaper ones seem to be easier to setup, so I won't bother with professional assembly on those.
    Looks like the price range under consideration, then, ranges from $1,700 to $7,000 all in.

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the response.
    Good grief, so I should expect my best price would be $6,100 plus delivery and tax..... whew!
    Brutal!
    It is still on my list.
    That "progressive stabilization bar" should be on all functional trainers. Hoist seems to have one, but it seems like a cheap, VERY useful add-on, so it would be nice to see a similar accessory retroactively available for other machines.
    I asked Hoist why they made there stabilizer bar the way they did and because it has to be physically mounted so they wanted it lighter so it would be easier to handle. But it is solid and does the job.

Hoist is my next favorite FT. Few company's put the thought that Cybex and Hoist put into there peaces.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No matter what, I'll probably have the thing delivered and built. I'm handy, but for $399 or so, it might be nice to relax while it is assembled.
    The downside is that I won't be nearly as familiar with the machine letting others build it. When it comes time to move, I'll be in a bit of a lurch deciphering the best way to break it down.
    Regardless, I haven't decided if I want to go super affordable (Inspire FTX, FT1, ...) or crazy nice, like the Bravo. The cheaper ones seem to be easier to setup, so I won't bother with professional assembly on those.
    Looks like the price range under consideration, then, ranges from $1,700 to $7,000 all in.
    After looking at the manual for my Life Fitness CMDAP, I think I gladly would have paid someone $400 to assemble it when it was new. Breaking it down to move it wasn't nearly as bad as I was able to leave all of the pulleys in place. I haven't looked at the Bravo's assembly instructions, but most of the FTs all have a similar frame design (2 welded sides joined by bolt-on center pieces) that make them relatively easy to break down when it's time to move.

Asked for my dealer's price on the Cybex Bravo, and it is looking closer $8,000!!!! (with tax, delivery, assembly).... the darn thing has gone up to $7,000 retail.
    So, I'm now looking at Hoist Mi7 and the various Inspire models.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Asked for my dealer's price on the Cybex Bravo, and it is looking closer $8,000!!!! (with tax, delivery, assembly).... the darn thing has gone up to $7,000 retail.
    Wow, I said in an earlier post, have you contacted LifeFitness directly?.

I contacted LifeFitness UK for a comparison price,, the compact 2.1 model delivered and installed, at todays currency conversion, a little under $6k.

If the Bravo were out of my price bracket I'd seriously take a look at the Inspire FT1.

There's not too much information here about the Hoist FT.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's really tough to beat the FT1 in that price range. It won handily when I compared it with a bunch of other FTs, including a couple Hoist models.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the Inspire FT2 and I love it. I had height issues in my basement(88"tall) so I couldn't use a lot of the full commercial units. Got the FT2 for a good price and have no regrets. Very versatile with multiple pull points.

The FT1 is on the list..... but there is a model that is $1,000 cheaper than the FT1 called the Inspire FTX. Even Costco sells it. For the life of me, I can't find any difference between the two (looking at the online info). I only see some superficial differences (lack of the cladding over the weight stack / cable area).
    Any idea on what separates these models? thinner metal?
    I think Costco sells it delivered for $1,500.

Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    It's really tough to beat the FT1 in that price range. It won handily when I compared it with a bunch of other FTs, including a couple Hoist models.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're even remotely tall, you may want to rule that one out. Check out this review of the Mi6 and note that the guy in the video is only 5'8".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eczHFLxbQ

Yes, I saw that one. While his critique of the cheapy accessories was understandable, I felt that all of his height concerns had perfectly acceptable alternative adaptations.

I'm wondering how far the Mi7 "brace" extends. That's important for doing back work. I see that the Cybex, once again, extends more than far enough to get a good stretch for doing rows and such. Trying to convince myself that spending as much as a Kawasaki z900 is worth it!

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's about $1000 more then what it can be had for if your timing is right with a sale.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    If you're even remotely tall, you may want to rule that one out. Check out this review of the Mi6 and note that the guy in the video is only 5'8".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eczHFLxbQ
    Its definitely designed to fit in the standard 7ft ceiling, so its not that tall. But lat pull downs even at 6ft are not an issue if you use the straight bar and do it in a lowered seated position rather than kneeling like he did. I'm surprised the guy didn't provide options to make it work like kneeling when doing overhead triceps.

Yes, I saw that one. While his critique of the cheapy accessories was understandable, I felt that all of his height concerns had perfectly acceptable alternative adaptations.

I'm wondering how far the Mi7 "brace" extends. That's important for doing back work. I see that the Cybex, once again, extends more than far enough to get a good stretch for doing rows and such. Trying to convince myself that spending as much as a Kawasaki z900 is worth it!
    Though the bars are aircraft aluminum to make them more manageable, they are quality and work well. He missed why the ankle strap was made the way it was, it can be used above the knee so not to put undo pressure on the knee. I think that guy didn't even put the gym through its paces before reviewing it.

The Mi7 brace does not telescope out, so its only used for standing presses, fly's ect..
    Last edited by ripper238; 11-16-2019 at 07:24 AM.

That's about $1000 more then what it can be had for if your timing is right with a sale.

Its definitely designed to fit in the standard 7ft ceiling, so its not that tall. But lat pull downs even at 6ft are not an issue if you use the straight bar and do it in a lowered seated position rather than kneeling like he did. I'm surprised the guy didn't provide options to make it work like kneeling when doing overhead triceps.
    Standard ceiling height is 8', but I get what you're saying. Still, when you look at the machine alongside someone who is only 5'8" it's reminiscent of one of those abnormally short Arcade1Up machines. If you must work around it due to low ceilings in a basement or something, so be it, but it's something I would want to know before buying.

Meanwhile, I have the opposite problem with my CMDAP. The thing is so tall I had to pull the floor mats under it just to get it to fit. :x

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I’m probably going to pick up the Rep Fitness FT-5000 over Black Friday. Been wanting an FT for a while and the price feels good.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The FT1 is on the list..... but there is a model that is $1,000 cheaper than the FT1 called the Inspire FTX. Even Costco sells it. For the life of me, I can't find any difference between the two (looking at the online info). I only see some superficial differences (lack of the cladding over the weight stack / cable area).
    Any idea on what separates these models? thinner metal?
    I think Costco sells it delivered for $1,500.
    The main issue for the FTX was not being able to upgrade the 165lbs stacks to 215lbs. That makes it 107lbs of resistance to 82lbs. Most normal people will not need more than 107lbs. IMO, 82lbs is on the light side for a long-term FT.

Costco has the FTX for $1600, I got my FT1 from a local dealer for ~$2k with the upgraded stacks. Made it a no-brainer.

I spent some time with the Mi6 and if someone gave it to me for free, I would c*&t punt it out my house. A terrible FT, feels cheap, isn't smooth like a quality machine, awkward height adjustment, soooooo short. Forget sitting down for lat pulldowns, you'd have to be under your floor.

It's basically a big gimmick that compromises on everything just to hide the cables and have cool spinning posts. It does look cool though.

Thanks pirate.
    The inspire (FT1 and FT2) I have tried were super slippery smooth. I couldn't detect any friction even when moving one single plate.
    The Bravo machine is probably perfection. I've got my feelers out for another estimate on it.
    FT2 seems very busy....lots of bit and pieces jingling around. It is cool, but I'm not feeling it. I like some of those extras, but ... too much "stuff". The Bravo is perfect in this regard, too.
    So, I can probably save $4,500 (!!!!), skipping the Bravo, and go with the FT1. Like you, I think the extra weight stack would be best for me.
    I'll wait on that estimate. I might make the leap if I can get the Bravo closer to 7grand, it still makes me pucker.
    I doubt I can get your price on the FT1, but even then, it would be a no sweat purchase that will serve me well. Its price won't freak my girlfriend out, either.
    Until then, I'm using suspension straps, powerblock dumbells, and an adjustable bench.

Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    I spent some time with the Mi6 and if someone gave it to me for free, I would c*&t punt it out my house. A terrible FT, feels cheap, isn't smooth like a quality machine, awkward height adjustment, soooooo short. Forget sitting down for lat pulldowns, you'd have to be under your floor.

It's basically a big gimmick that compromises on everything just to hide the cables and have cool spinning posts. It does look cool though.

That's a good plan. I would do the Bravo 100% if I had the budget. I'm a buy it for life kinda guy though.

Well, the estimates are getting lower (from a nearby dealer)....so it might be put up or shut up time. Frig'n 6 week delivery, though.
    I'm at $7,200 out the door installed for the "tall" version....but I'm thinking compact...might be a tad cheaper.

So the compact Bravo can be had new/installed/tax for $6,900 .... so we're talking the price of a Kawasaki z650 now.

Thing is, the salesman strongly suggests I check out the Bodycraft HFT. Didn't see a lot of chatter about that machine in here. It's in the $2,000+ range with an extra weight stack....so a third of the cost of the Bravo.

Any experience on that one?

So the compact Bravo can be had new/installed/tax for $6,900 .... so we're talking the price of a Kawasaki z650 now.

Thing is, the salesman strongly suggests I check out the Bodycraft HFT. Didn't see a lot of chatter about that machine in here. It's in the $2,000+ range with an extra weight stack....so a third of the cost of the Bravo.

Any experience on that one?
    Just get the Cybex, you know you want it. And it will last far longer than a Kawasaki z650. ;-)

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the tall bravo and would take the short one over it despite having 5 feet of clearance over the top of the tall. I understand I'd have to bend my knees to do pull ups, but the pull up bar on the tall model is really poorly designed in my opinion. The machines are otherwise identical I think.