Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The 200 day transformation...

Can it be done? I intend to find out!

So, why 200 days? I'm lucky enough to be marrying the girl I love, and the date is set for May 18th, 2018. (Which is just over 200 days away) Here's the catch though; it’s going to be a beach wedding weekend and I'm nowhere near the shape I used to be in. Truthfully, I just don't feel good about how I look anymore. Not that I was ever a fitness model either (I don't think I've ever been under 15% BF), but at least I was comfortable in my own skin.

The last time I was honestly in decent shape was college, which now feels like a lifetime ago. 6+ years in a corporate IT environment and my age catching up to me means the fat has loaded on. Flabby belly, back fat, and hideous chest fat are all just sucking up any confidence I have in a bathing suit. Especially the chest fat! I've always been predisposed to pointy ugly man-boob looking puffy nipples... and it just kills me. I’m thinking (praying) it is just fat related and not Gyno. Also starting to get the occasional chaffing between the thighs when walking long distances. So, overall - overweight and drained of confidence in my appearance.

More complexity to add: I had reconstructive surgery on my right shoulder (270 degrees of torn/mangled labrum repaired) recently this past April 14th, 2017. This only added to my lack of exercise and weight gain. I’m also right handed, so it was a real drag. After 4 months of physical therapy and officially passing the 6 month mark post-surgery, the dr. gave me the okay to get back in the gym. Just need to nurse it a bit and limited with certain shoulder exercises and ranges of motion to avoid re-injury (ex. no military shoulder press at all).

I want to be transparent that I’m trying to make a lifestyle change here, and have no intention of stopping after the wedding. I have that date as motivation to start and be aggressive with my short term plans, but the real plan is making this a lifetime change! Besides, I live in FL so the beaches aren’t going away anytime soon…

So, with the challenge ahead of me in mind, I'm setting out to do everything within my power to transform my body. Full disclosure, I actually started training about a week and a half ago, but for the purpose of this thread my starting point is today. I was actually at 214.8 lbs. when I got back from vacation on Sept 25th of this year. That was a real low point for me, but looking back I will have it as a good point of reference.

Current Measurements: (as of 10/23/17)
    Height: 6’1”
    Weight: 208.4 lbs.
    Body Fat: 20-25% (This is my estimate since the current measures I've looked at vary, but I’ll be updating it with a more accurate measure soon)
    *I took some pictures but need to wait until I have at least 50 posts to be able to embed them*

Goal: (I intend to train for this, regardless of whether I hit the goal by the wedding. It’s where I want to arrive. Period.)
    185-190 lbs. / 10-15% BF
    Lose 2 lbs. of fat per week for as long a possible (likely less per week as I get closer to BF goal?)

The Plan: (I’m definitely a noob at all of this, so humor me as I learn/adjust)

1) Nutrition:
    - Maintain a caloric deficit while hitting my macros.
    - Using MyFitnessPal app to track calories intake and maintain a deficit/macros.
    - MFP currently has me at 1500 calories per day limit based on my measures and routine (5x a week setting). This may not be accurate, but as I learn more and continue to re-measure, I expect to be able to adjust for my needs.
    - Based on a target goal of 185 lbs: 130g Protein (0.7/lbs); 74g Fat (0.4/lbs)
    - Only supplements I’m taking right now are Multi-vitamins, BCAA’s, Omega 3’s, and Protein shakes

2) Weight Training: (Roughly following the Arnold basic bodybuilding routine outlined in his BB Encyclopedia)
    - Train 6x per week, targeting each muscle group 2x per week
    - Breakdown: Mon/Thurs: Chest, Back, Upper Abs
    Tues/Fri: Shoulders, Arms (Bi/Tri), Lower Abs
    Wed/Sat: Upper Legs, Calves, Upper Abs/Obliques
    - Training will almost always be right after work. 6-7pm ish (I’m not a morning person at all)

3) Cardio: (Oh I hate it soo!!)
    - Fasted cardio in the morning as often I can drag myself out of bed (again, not a morning person at all)
    - Ideally 30 mins every week day morning or at least 5x a week
    - I started with 100 jumping jacks every morning the first week, then tried throwing in some knee highs/burpee combos after.
    - Anything would be okay as long as the heart rate is up and I actually do it. This is the area I’m currently slacking in the most.

I'm open to any feedback or recommendations from those who know better. This is an aggressive plan, but I'm hoping it will be a launchpad to a better/healthier life long term.

Big thanks to BodyBuilding.com and the community here. Aside from the wealth of knowledge I’m constantly finding different inspiration, which is a big help.
    Last edited by PhiRR9; 10-25-2017 at 09:04 AM.

PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiRR9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Def having a hard time getting enough protein within my caloric deficit. Two 22g shakes a day @ 200c each and ground turkey + kidney beans for dinner. I need to add some eggs or something, but I feel like it's a lot of food. I guess that's good!

Open to ideas here too

Registered User OrangeKilomonth's Avatar
    OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Add some low-fat cottage cheese or quark for protein. You don't have to prepare it, and its taste changes a lot depending on what you eat with it. E.g., one almond is enough to make a table spoon of quark taste like nuts. You could replace low-fat quark with fat quark, which is less carb-rich (at least that's how it goes with local brands).

Also add more fish. Personally, I mostly eat white fish because I'd prefer to lower my fat intake, but red fish is very good as well. Fish is pretty diverse, has very different texture, and changes its taste depending on the sauce. It's widely available in restaurants, so you don't feel like you are excluded in social meals. I presume Florida has decent fish.

Other seafood is a good source as well. Shrimps, say.

I agree about eggs. The yolk is also quite vitamin-rich.

Are you going for a keto diet? That seems like a lot of fat and not much carbs. I'm a noob and don't want to badmouth anything, but if you're new, I'd personally rather stick to something less experimental. Feeling upbeat and unstressed is pretty important when starting, and I found carbs from sources like apples, grapefruit, milk, kefir, rice-and-seed thins, etc. to be invaluable help for preventing lethargy. Stuff like spinach, cauliflower, broc****, cucumbers is so easy to prepare and so rich in micronutrients. I have similar parameters and goals to yourself, and I'm steadily losing weight on 1500 kcal, 40% carb, 25% fat, 35% protein.

I find it important to always combine different foods. Otherwise, even good-tasting food turns a bit yucky if you are eating the same exact plain thing all the time.

Good luck with the project.
    Last edited by OrangeKilomonth; 10-24-2017 at 02:41 AM.

StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PhiRR9 View Post
    Def having a hard time getting enough protein within my caloric deficit. Two 22g shakes a day @ 200c each and ground turkey + kidney beans for dinner. I need to add some eggs or something, but I feel like it's a lot of food. I guess that's good!

Open to ideas here too
    I went from like 30% BF, to 14% at my leanest. Just an advice - 200 days is a long time, though it is short compared to the rest of your life. I know you got lot's of motivation right now, but after 3 months of hard exercise, you'd probably wanna give up.

Concentrate on your diet - it's the most important thing to losing fat. Dont kid yourself with myfitnesspal. It doesnt really work. Best you cook everything yourself, buy everything with nutritional values, weigh your food, caculate every thing including drops of dressing/oil/condiments. You wont know how much calories you are putting into yourself if you dont do that. Once you have a menu, you're set. dont change - it's discipline.

I wouldn't overemphasise on the exercise bit. Body building is the way to go, Firece 5 is a damn good program. Saves time. But if you cut it short - Squats, deadlifts, incline chest press and some kinda of lat exercise such as horizonal rows will be enough. Alternate with a gentle run the next day, just a more than walk. 30mins tops for all your exercise. Dosent matter if you dont feel too tired. It's a long game. You're gonna feel it in 200 days.

And al the best in your weight loss! its the greatest thig that happened to me!

Originally Posted by OrangeKilomonth View Post
    Add some low-fat cottage cheese or quark for protein. You don't have to prepare it, and its taste changes a lot depending on what you eat with it. E.g., one almond is enough to make a table spoon of quark taste like nuts. You could replace low-fat quark with fat quark, which is less carb-rich (at least that's how it goes with local brands).

Also add more fish. Personally, I mostly eat white fish because I'd prefer to lower my fat intake, but red fish is very good as well. Fish is pretty diverse, has very different texture, and changes its taste depending on the sauce. It's widely available in restaurants, so you don't feel like you are excluded in social meals. I presume Florida has decent fish.

Other seafood is a good source as well. Shrimps, say.

I agree about eggs. The yolk is also quite vitamin-rich.

Are you going for a keto diet? That seems like a lot of fat and not much carbs. I'm a noob and don't want to badmouth anything, but if you're new, I'd personally rather stick to something less experimental. Feeling upbeat and unstressed is pretty important when starting, and I found carbs from sources like apples, grapefruit, milk, kefir, rice-and-seed thins, etc. to be invaluable help for preventing lethargy. Stuff like spinach, cauliflower, broc****, cucumbers is so easy to prepare and so rich in micronutrients. I have similar parameters and goals to yourself, and I'm steadily losing weight on 1500 kcal, 40% carb, 25% fat, 35% protein.

I find it important to always combine different foods. Otherwise, even good-tasting food turns a bit yucky if you are eating the same exact plain thing all the time.

Good luck with the project.
    Thanks for your input. Great idea on the fish, as that is an easy item for me here in FL.

I'm not familiar with Keto concepts, but maybe what I am planning is close to that. I guess I always thought carbs were to be kept at a minimum in order to lose weight. Maybe that's a misconception I've carried along?

My Carb and Protein intake have been pretty even honestly, even though I try to increase protein via shakes etc. I also eat a bag of carrots with my protein shake for lunch.

Originally Posted by StrongAt45 View Post
    I went from like 30% BF, to 14% at my leanest. Just an advice - 200 days is a long time, though it is short compared to the rest of your life. I know you got lot's of motivation right now, but after 3 months of hard exercise, you'd probably wanna give up.

Concentrate on your diet - it's the most important thing to losing fat. Dont kid yourself with myfitnesspal. It doesnt really work. Best you cook everything yourself, buy everything with nutritional values, weigh your food, caculate every thing including drops of dressing/oil/condiments. You wont know how much calories you are putting into yourself if you dont do that. Once you have a menu, you're set. dont change - it's discipline.

I wouldn't overemphasise on the exercise bit. Body building is the way to go, Firece 5 is a damn good program. Saves time. But if you cut it short - Squats, deadlifts, incline chest press and some kinda of lat exercise such as horizonal rows will be enough. Alternate with a gentle run the next day, just a more than walk. 30mins tops for all your exercise. Dosent matter if you dont feel too tired. It's a long game. You're gonna feel it in 200 days.

And al the best in your weight loss! its the greatest thig that happened to me!
    Thanks for the great info! Yes, I'm def focusing on my diet as paramount. I'm mainly using MFP to track calories throughout the day and keep it all logged. You are 100% right about oils, etc. when cooking. I'm making sure to add 1 tsp(or w/e I use) of olive or coconut oil when I cook anything to my overall count. The hard part is that if I cook larger portions for multiple meals, breaking that up. I like using the barcode scanner on MFP to get specific values for items and then set my inputs based on weight. I started weighing everything I eat as of a couple days ago so I have exact control/values.

Great point on a menu. I really need to plan out my whole week menu and stick to it. I'd prefer to not need to think about it throughout the week, less chance of messing up.

I actually like the exercise at night(usually 6pm ish). It helps me sleep, which is something I've struggled with the last few years. I try to keep it to 1 hour max time. Push hard(within reason) for that hour then cook/eat/relax.

Also, yes on the timeframe. 200 days is a decent amount of time, but I plan to keep going after too. My only thing is being consistent and realistic. I don't think it's reasonable to think that I'll have a set menu forever, but if I can create good lasting habits, that'll be great long term.

I found the below site for calculating TDEE.

iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

I calculated based on 5 days a week of moderate exercise for 1 hour. Sedentary daily activity since I work in IT(desk job).
    Maybe weight training is a bit more than moderate tho? Also, this doesn't factor in an additional cardio.

My results were:
    Your BMR Is: 1954
    Your TDEE Is: 2569

So, based on the results, and my current calorie intake of 1500 would I be at a 454 deficit, or a 1069 deficit? (roughly)

Also - 207.4 lbs this morning before pooping (silly detail, I know lol)

Slowly learning

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1500 is very low.

If your TDEE is 2569 then 2000 should be low enough
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Registered User OrangeKilomonth's Avatar
    OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrangeKilomonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your input. Great idea on the fish, as that is an easy item for me here in FL.

I'm not familiar with Keto concepts, but maybe what I am planning is close to that. I guess I always thought carbs were to be kept at a minimum in order to lose weight. Maybe that's a misconception I've carried along?

My Carb and Protein intake have been pretty even honestly, even though I try to increase protein via shakes etc. I also eat a bag of carrots with my protein shake for lunch.
    The main point of keto is to reduce carbs so dramatically that the body starts using fat for glucose, which is ordinarily derived from carbs. It's pretty popular, there is even a subforum for keto logs. However, you will notice that those logs are generally inconsistent, unlike the logs here, and people are often complaining about feeling awful.

In your proposed goal, you have 21% carb, 44% fat (666 cal, cue heavy metal), 35% prot (1g carb = 4 cal, 1g fat = 9 cal, 1g prot = 4 cal). That's very low carbs, far too low. You could try it, but I predict you'd feel very tired and sleepy, and it doesn't seem good at all if you intend to do it long-term. The recommended range for carbs is usually well above that level, at 45-65%, but you can reduce it somewhat for weight loss: [google 'the-protein-fat-and-carbohydrate-ratio-for-losing-weight' at LiveStrong]. Meanwhile, your fat percentage is above the recommended level, which is 20-35%. That's why I thought you were trying ketogenic dieting.

I started counting it all two weeks ago, and I noticed that even if I ate a substantial amount of food, but there were no carbs, I started feeling much more tired. It changed once I raised my carbs. The approach that works best for me is to have a solid amount of protein per meal (30g), combined with enough carbs (35g+), and a modest amount of fat (I personally eat a few nuts with all the meals).

BMR is how much you burn if you don't move at all. Your deficit would be closer to TDEE-food, so closer to 1069, but it's all an approximation.

Originally Posted by OrangeKilomonth View Post
    The main point of keto is to reduce carbs so dramatically that the body starts using fat for glucose, which is ordinarily derived from carbs. It's pretty popular, there is even a subforum for keto logs. However, you will notice that those logs are generally inconsistent, unlike the logs here, and people are often complaining about feeling awful.

In your proposed goal, you have 21% carb, 44% fat (666 cal, cue heavy metal), 35% prot (1g carb = 4 cal, 1g fat = 9 cal, 1g prot = 4 cal). That's very low carbs, far too low. You could try it, but I predict you'd feel very tired and sleepy, and it doesn't seem good at all if you intend to do it long-term. The recommended range for carbs is usually well above that level, at 45-65%, but you can reduce it somewhat for weight loss: [google 'the-protein-fat-and-carbohydrate-ratio-for-losing-weight' at LiveStrong]. Meanwhile, your fat percentage is above the recommended level, which is 20-35%. That's why I thought you were trying ketogenic dieting.

I started counting it all two weeks ago, and I noticed that even if I ate a substantial amount of food, but there were no carbs, I started feeling much more tired. It changed once I raised my carbs. The approach that works best for me is to have a solid amount of protein per meal (30g), combined with enough carbs (35g+), and a modest amount of fat (I personally eat a few nuts with all the meals).

BMR is how much you burn if you don't move at all. Your deficit would be closer to TDEE-food, so closer to 1069, but it's all an approximation.
    Ah, gotcha. Yes, the idea of burning fat as an energy source sounds great, but how well will it work for me idk.

I should also probly clarify that on my goals up top those fat and protein values are supposed to be daily minimums.

So, 130g Protein (0.7/lbs); 74g Fat (0.4/lbs) would be the minimum intake for those two macros (though I would not want to exceed the fat by much more at all).

Maybe I have it wrong? Certainly possible, and I can update those.

On MFP Im currently tracking against 30% Carbs(113g), 35% Protein(131g), 35% Fat(58g) Daily = 1500 calories

I would think if I lowered the fat I'd need to raise the Protein intake. I don't feel too suggish so far, so hesitant to raise carb intake.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    1500 is very low.

If your TDEE is 2569 then 2000 should be low enough
    Honestly, I'm not having any trouble with 1500 calories a day. Energy consumption is low all day, so I have enough stored for the 1hr workouts. The intake of enough protein while balancing the other macros is more of a struggle.

What would be the risk of staying at 1500? Muscle loss?

StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Thanks for the great info! Yes, I'm def focusing on my diet as paramount. I'm mainly using MFP to track calories throughout the day and keep it all logged. You are 100% right about oils, etc. when cooking. I'm making sure to add 1 tsp(or w/e I use) of olive or coconut oil when I cook anything to my overall count. The hard part is that if I cook larger portions for multiple meals, breaking that up. I like using the barcode scanner on MFP to get specific values for items and then set my inputs based on weight. I started weighing everything I eat as of a couple days ago so I have exact control/values.

Great point on a menu. I really need to plan out my whole week menu and stick to it. I'd prefer to not need to think about it throughout the week, less chance of messing up.

I actually like the exercise at night(usually 6pm ish). It helps me sleep, which is something I've struggled with the last few years. I try to keep it to 1 hour max time. Push hard(within reason) for that hour then cook/eat/relax.

Also, yes on the timeframe. 200 days is a decent amount of time, but I plan to keep going after too. My only thing is being consistent and realistic. I don't think it's reasonable to think that I'll have a set menu forever, but if I can create good lasting habits, that'll be great long term.
    When i started exercising hard - i felt like i conquered the world. Dont i deserve that extra bag of chips? A packet of fries? That's the worse thing that can happen. It's far easier to go sleep and save 200 cals than to burn 200 cals on a treadmill. And if you push yourself to 1000 cals exercise, you'd not want to repeat it again the next day. Especially, if you don't eat to recover. And if you do eat to recover, that's 1000 cal wasted. Hence that is the downfall of exercise.

I kept my menu very simple, very drab...i eat sandwiches all day. currently, I eat 4 pcs of bread, 2 eggs and 2 coffees with a protien drink in the morning. Then it's another 2 slices of bread and 1 pc of picnic ham in the afternoon. At night, it's a big bowl of 400g of salad (lettuce mainly) with sesame dressing. Then another protien drink before bed. All in all, I am on about 1500 cal. Very drab, very simple..fits my lifestyle. i did complicate things a bit in the beginning, experimenting with all kinds of cooking, foods etc..in the end it was too complicated. It all boils down to only 1 word - Discipline. I kept my exercise down now. Simple things like jogging and weightlifting 30 mins tops. I can do it everyday. It's not hard and it's sustainable.

I usually have big meals on weekends where my social life starts and that's where i let myself go. Overall, in a week or a month, the calories in and out evens out and i can maintain my weight and BF%.

Being fit and looking fit is not about weight loss. It's about a lifestyle and how you go about maintaining it. You'd need to think about your family, how your current loss program can fit their schedule as well. Can you skip all their dinner requests/bbqs/picnics all the time?

Originally Posted by StrongAt45 View Post
    When i started exercising hard - i felt like i conquered the world. Dont i deserve that extra bag of chips? A packet of fries? That's the worse thing that can happen. It's far easier to go sleep and save 200 cals than to burn 200 cals on a treadmill. And if you push yourself to 1000 cals exercise, you'd not want to repeat it again the next day. Especially, if you don't eat to recover. And if you do eat to recover, that's 1000 cal wasted. Hence that is the downfall of exercise.

I kept my menu very simple, very drab...i eat sandwiches all day. currently, I eat 4 pcs of bread, 2 eggs and 2 coffees with a protien drink in the morning. Then it's another 2 slices of bread and 1 pc of picnic ham in the afternoon. At night, it's a big bowl of 400g of salad (lettuce mainly) with sesame dressing. Then another protien drink before bed. All in all, I am on about 1500 cal. Very drab, very simple..fits my lifestyle. i did complicate things a bit in the beginning, experimenting with all kinds of cooking, foods etc..in the end it was too complicated. It all boils down to only 1 word - Discipline. I kept my exercise down now. Simple things like jogging and weightlifting 30 mins tops. I can do it everyday. It's not hard and it's sustainable.

I usually have big meals on weekends where my social life starts and that's where i let myself go. Overall, in a week or a month, the calories in and out evens out and i can maintain my weight and BF%.

Being fit and looking fit is not about weight loss. It's about a lifestyle and how you go about maintaining it. You'd need to think about your family, how your current loss program can fit their schedule as well. Can you skip all their dinner requests/bbqs/picnics all the time?
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

You definitely bring up some good points. I do believe that as with most things in life, it's about finding a balance. I'm edging a bit more on the extreme side over this period leading up to the wedding, but am aware it's not sustainable long term. My goal is as much transformation as possible before that date, but then continuing with healthy lifestyle changes post wedding.

As of yesterday I up'd my lunch protein shake to a double portion(2 scoops) which gives 44g of protein and 400 cals. I combine that with some veggie/fruit like carrots or an apple or banana. Luckily they are available at my office for free so, that's a huge help.

Breakfast is usually just black coffee. I can't eat in the morning so I just grab a cup when I arrive at the office.
    Lunch is at noon-ish. Shake + fruit/veggie per above
    Snack closer to 4pm ish I'll snack on another fruit/veggie + a mozz stick.(again, free here at my office, it's awesome).
    Then I head home to try to get my workout in before 7pm, which means I'm done by 8pm.
    Dinner is lean ground turkey + Eggs. Or Chicken breast + Broc**** (I mix it up) + Shake(single scoop)

I'm trying to be more consistent, but occasionally will have a work lunch or the fiance will want sushi sat night. I try to keep it down to one or two "off" meals per week. Still order well and don't stuff my face, but those are times that are harder to count cals on.

Weight loss itself is not my goal. Im more interested in being "fit", which I view as a combination of "looking good" and measurable via BF% + Weight.
    Last edited by PhiRR9; 10-25-2017 at 07:34 AM.

206.2 lbs this morning.

I have been slacking with morning cardio all week... need to get my lazy a** out of bed!

206.4 this morning. Definitely the first frustrating day.

I'm starting to wonder is I need to adjust my Macros or Calorie count.

I also ordered a wrist active heart rate monitor. Hoping I can use it to track and keep in my target zone (Maybe some motivation for cardio too haha)

220 - 31 = 189 Max Heart Rate

189 * (.60 - .80 )= 113 - 151 Target Zone
    Last edited by PhiRR9; 10-27-2017 at 08:37 AM.

This past Sat, weighed in first thing in the morning at 205.4 lbs, then weighed in again after a fasted cardio session. Came in at 204.4 lbs post cardio. Amazing how you can drop a lbs of water weight.

Ended up going for sushi dinner sat night. Too much food + sake and blew my 1500 cal goal. Disappointed, but not discouraged. It's gonna happen here and there. Def noticed how the alcohol makes me feel like crap now.

Sunday stayed within target deficit but had a vodka spritzer poolside with some friends. Zero exercise since it was rest day, but I tried to keep active and do errands/chores/walking throughout the day.

Weighed in this Monday morning at 206 lbs. Not encouraging, but it's still progress.

Decided to take a second rest day on Monday. I was pretty much exhausted after work and got home around 7pm. Still kept within my 1500 daily calories, so deficit maintained.

I picked-up a scale that gives BF% estimates based on weight, age, height, sex, etc. Not sure how accurate it will be, but it's an extra data point none the less.

Weighed in this morning at 205.2 lbs & 22.1% BF

Solid Chest and Back workout Tues night. More rest yesterday due to long day in the office. Still slacking in the a.m. cardio dept.

Weighed in today @ 204.4 lbs & 22.0% BF, so still dropping despite less workout sessions this week. I imagine this is due to my consistency in deficit. Had wondered if 1500 cals/day was too extreme, but my weight loss is trending well at roughly 2 lbs/week and I do feel some muscle re-growth as I build up strength again. So, I'll continue this approach for now.

208.4 lbs on 10/23 to 204.4 on 11/2 = 4 lbs in 11 days (which I am hoping is mostly all fat)

Planning to do Shoulders/Arms/Abs tonight.

Haven't been back here in a bit, but progress keeps moving along.

Weighed in at 203.4 lbs & 21.7% BF this morning, though I do admit that I have been careless the past week. (I was down to 202.3 lbs. on Sat, but it seems to swing quite a bit) Definitely blew my deficit a couple times, but I'm trying to not dwell on it and look at long term consistency.

Very hard to make 100% sure I am in deficit when eating out. I've tried to keep it to chicken or fish, but it's hard to calculate the exact cals and macros. At least for me anyway.

I'm really looking forward to just getting under 20% BF. It'll take lots more work, but I'm trying to focus on that as my first major milestone!
    Last edited by PhiRR9; 11-09-2017 at 07:40 PM.

I just noticed that I can post attachments. Here are my starting point pics for reference (10/23/17).

Def interested if anyone can take a good guess at my starting BF%. I'm thinking 24-26%...

Hurts looking at them, but also motivating!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PhiRR9; 11-10-2017 at 07:22 AM.

JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnOneill00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think 24/25% would be a good guess.

Subbed.
    SW - 255 lbs - 05/2018
    CW - 198lbs - 10/2018

Raw Dawg Crew

Originally Posted by JohnOneill00 View Post
    I think 24/25% would be a good guess.

Subbed.
    Thanks for your inout. Glad I was in the right ballpark.

Went out last night and had a few too many cocktails but had some self control and didnt eat any junk food. Which I'm proud of bc my group did.

Weighed in first thing this morning. 201.2 lbs & 21.3% BF

Slacking with my workouts. Barely doing 5x a week. Cardio is non-existent... tho I have been taking the stairs everywhere at my office. Pretty much avoid the elevator 100%.

Deficit has been on consistent though. Haven't been tracking 100% accurately due to eating out, but attempt to log everything in MFP without fail.

200.4 lbs & 21.1% BF this morning.

brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a hard time motivating myself to do cardio as well but one thing I've found to be very beneficial is at least 3 10 minute walks a day. I try to get them in after meals because it helps with digestion but it's also kind of therapeutic. It isn't a hard and can really be done anywhere and it makes sure I walk at least 30 minutes a day.

Originally Posted by brooks1865 View Post
    I have a hard time motivating myself to do cardio as well but one thing I've found to be very beneficial is at least 3 10 minute walks a day. I try to get them in after meals because it helps with digestion but it's also kind of therapeutic. It isn't a hard and can really be done anywhere and it makes sure I walk at least 30 minutes a day.
    That's a really great idea. I usually work through lunch, but taking a 20 min walk instead every day would certainly add to my overall cardio goals.

Weighed in at 199.6 lbs and 20.9% BF this morning.

First time I've been under 200 lbs in quite a few years. More excited and committed than ever with this first milestone!
    Attached Images

Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well done! I'm not below 200 yet but when I FINALLY got below 300 for the first time in yeeeears it felt fantastic! Keep it up!!!
    1/17 – 355lbs
    4/17 – 295lbs
    7/17 – 255lbs
    1/18 – 215lbs

kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kevin7117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brooks1865 View Post
    I also found it hard to motivate myself to do cardio. Have you checked out peloton cycle? I wasn't a fan of cycling, but the instructors are great at motivating people. Different music and workouts, plus you can do live or on demand classes. It is a bit expensive, but it's the only cardio I can push myself to do. They have an app so you can do it on any bike, but it's not the same.

Originally Posted by Bohman731 View Post
    Well done! I'm not below 200 yet but when I FINALLY got below 300 for the first time in yeeeears it felt fantastic! Keep it up!!!
    Thank you!