Carmine47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did a dexascan and pretty disappointed with the results

I would like advice on how to proceed, on my trainers hand held device I was testing at 10.8% bodyfat. However the dexa scan I did today said I had a total of 26 percent bodyfat. I am currently doing a low carb high protein diet and have been on it for about 3 months. my diet is listed below, my trainer wanted me to start bulking but after seeing these results I don't know what to do. I am already pretty skinny and weigh 147.2 which is a bit light since my height is about 5'10.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup of oatmeal with a banana, or 1/4 or cup bluberries.

Meal: 4 oz of fish or turkey + spinach

Meal 2: 4 oz of fish or turkey + spinach

Meal 3: 4 oz of fish or turkey + spinach

somedays I also do a protein bar

whey protein shake on training days.

Have also been eating a bit more fruit over the last few days. Maybe an apple or two and handful of grapes.

Total Body Fat (1).jpg
    Total Body Fat (2).jpg
    Last edited by Carmine47; 10-22-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kcrack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Post a pic so we can estimate your bf%. And if you are around 10.8%, why wouldn't you just bulk?

Carmine47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kcrack View Post
    Post a pic so we can estimate your bf%. And if you are around 10.8%, why wouldn't you just bulk?
    Oh I forgot to write about the dexa scan it tested me at 26% Bodyfat, posted the pictures of the results but forgot to write this part, I will edit it now.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Those handheld devices are inaccurate. I would trust the dexa. That said, the better thing to gauge your progress is the mirror. You won't gain much muscle, if any, while dieting. At some point you will need to add more calories if you want to make gains. It's really only a question of when. Your trainer probably wants you to bulk because cutting further at this point probably won't make much difference in the long run. You'll likely need a few cutting/bulking cycles to achieve the physique that you are after.

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    your diet is terrible. if you're doing low carb, shouldn't your fat intake be high?
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Handheld devices are inaccurate but so are DEXA scans on an individual basis. If you want an idea of your bf, post pictures in the thread that is pinned to the top of this forum.

At 147 and 5'10",your trainer's suggestion to bulk likely has merit.

Take with grain of salt Gloryhound's Avatar
    Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gloryhound will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your paying a trainer that is helping you with diet and exercise what are you asking for here? What did your trainer say about the Dexascan? You have to trust a trainer as results take time. If you don't trust your trainer you probably need a different trainer.
    Rome wasn't built in a day!
    Through God all things are possible!
    There is no such thing as a better side, only a more educated side.