oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why are people afraid of fat?

When I watch videos of bodybuilders eating I only see them eating boring meals like chicken and rice with nothing else. Maybe a couple of veggies at most.
    Why won't they eat better tasting meals? I'm doing fine with eating more "regular" meals as long as I hit my minimum protein, carbs and fats.
    Am I wrong about nutrition? Should I stop eating fat?

A lot of people I see on instagram keep posting their bland meals, makes me think that I'm doing something wrong...

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People who take exogenous hormones don't require dietary fat to maintain hormonal health, the way natural lifters do.

Other than that, perhaps it's a diet they are only following for a limited time i.e. show prep?
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Probably because it's called "fat" and people would associate dietary fat with the flubby kind of fat. Also probably because it has 9 cals/gram vs. 4 so its easier to go over on calories by eating fat more quickly than other things and thus looks like its actually bad.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Videos where "bodybuilders" do something are made mostly for commerce/money, not for giving an actual useful information.

oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscarswe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    Videos where "bodybuilders" do something are made mostly for commerce/money, not for giving an actual useful information.
    This.

I agree with what you guys said. Most people think that fat in food equals fat on body, and I don't believe that. I spent at least 2 years figuring out nutrition and learned by my mistakes and most people look at me with disgust when I tell them my meal plan now.

I know a few people who plan a month of chicken & rice meals thinking that they will be able to stick with it. Only to get tired of it after a few days. However, I have 2 friends who compete in bodybuilding and they aren't afraid of fat. The only time they cut down on fat is when they need to get ready for getting up on stage.

Thanks for confirming my thinking on nutrition. I just wanted to make a thread because everyone else I talked with gave me other opinions even though I've been making good progress.

In addition, I can't wrap my head around on why youtubers/instagram users spread false knowledge though... I don't believe that there is anything called "clean eating". What do they get in return for showing pictures of their dry/bland food (which they only "eat" for showing off)?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by oscarswe View Post
    In addition, I can't wrap my head around on why youtubers/instagram users spread false knowledge though... I don't believe that there is anything called "clean eating". What do they get in return for showing pictures of their dry/bland food (which they only "eat" for showing off)?
    Here's one explanation, which I've posted previously in response to the same topic:

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

There's this underlying current among bodybuilders that nutrition should be only about providing macros and micros, and that we should somehow suffer for our eating habits. Heaven forbid that we actually enjoy our meals; if we do, somehow, they won't build as much muscle and strength as if we choked down fish heads and rice a dozen times a day. I see it all the time in posts all over this site. If it's not, "You must eat 8 meals per day (with all the problems that come with trying to stick to such an unrealistic and entirely unnecessary schedule in the real world)," it's "You must eat only "clean" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) foods!" It's as if we need to belong to some exclusionary 'club' to be perceived as being really serious about making gains.

If we follow DCA, we'll obviously not make any progress. Gotta eat dem fish headz and rice instead.

/rant concerning nutrition elitism.

And as far as what some Pro bodybuilders actually eat in their off-season, here are a few examples:

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oscarswe View Post
    This.

I agree with what you guys said. Most people think that fat in food equals fat on body, and I don't believe that. I spent at least 2 years figuring out nutrition and learned by my mistakes and most people look at me with disgust when I tell them my meal plan now.

I know a few people who plan a month of chicken & rice meals thinking that they will be able to stick with it. Only to get tired of it after a few days. However, I have 2 friends who compete in bodybuilding and they aren't afraid of fat. The only time they cut down on fat is when they need to get ready for getting up on stage.

Thanks for confirming my thinking on nutrition. I just wanted to make a thread because everyone else I talked with gave me other opinions even though I've been making good progress.

I believe in the 90s the eating fat= gets you fat lie was in bloom

I remember things in the supermarket, tv ads, etc popping up with that ad nauseam "Fat Free" slogan

There was a Seinfeld episode last night about fat free yogurt; the idea was you could eat all you want of it and not get fat cause it didn't contain any fat= eating fat gets you fat

The only time I chill a bit with my fat intake is while bulking as it is easier for it to be stored as adipose tissue when in an energy surplus however usually not an issue if the surplus is very moderate
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Professional bodybuilders eat fat whether in season or off. If they are close to a show, they tend to lower fats drastically due to higher calorie per gram and easier to remove to shred. But that’s not how they eat typically and consume plenty of fats whether from nuts, olive oils closer to a show or any fats (minus trans) while bulking.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    I believe in the 90s the eating fat= gets you fat lie was in bloom

I remember things in the supermarket, tv ads, etc popping up with that ad nauseam "Fat Free" slogan
    As a noob in 1993, I fell victim to ^^^^this nonsense due partly to mass media nutrition numskullery at that time along with the only other source if information available then---the bodybuilding magazines. Misinformation led me on a wild goose chase for muscle gains that only ended when I came under the guidance of a RL mentor during my 2nd year of training. When I look back on that time, and some of the stupid stuff espoused as nutrition "advice," it's a miracle I was able to gain 10 pounds of lean mass that first year.

At that time, I distinctly remember an episode in the local grocery store. Back then, during the height oif the "fat-free" era, there was a brand of fat-free cookies sold by Nabisco ('Snackwells'), that were in such high demand that grocery stores were frequently completely sold out. This particular day, I witnessed two very overweight women, each grasping opposite ends of the last package of fat-free cookies in the store, and arguing loudly over "who got them first." true story.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    As a noob in 1993, I fell victim to ^^^^this nonsense due partly to mass media nutrition numskullery at that time along with the only other source if information available then---the bodybuilding magazines. Misinformation led me on a wild goose chase for muscle gains that only ended when I came under the guidance of a RL mentor during my 2nd year of training. When I look back on that time, and some of the stupid stuff espoused as nutrition "advice," it's a miracle I was able to gain 10 pounds of lean mass that first year.

At that time, I distinctly remember an episode in the local grocery store. Back then, during the height oif the "fat-free" era, there was a brand of fat-free cookies sold by Nabisco ('Snackwells'), that were in such high demand that grocery stores were frequently completely sold out. This particular day, I witnessed two very overweight women, each grasping opposite ends of the last package of fat-free cookies in the store, and arguing loudly over "who got them first." true story.
    Yea it was a bit crazy back then with the fat scare, I bought into it as well

Distinctly recall those Snackwells as well!

In fact, I believe some of my labs got screwed up from a prolonged intake of <15g fat/daily then

Sure lipids were improved but the bedroom area nose dived
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because fat is the most calorie dense macronutrient, eating more fat is more likely to lead to higher calorie intakes among the masses. Carbs are a bit harder to overeat in massive quantities.

Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is a popular belief that fat makes you fat. Also if you are a professional eating 400g of protein a day, fat will take up more of your macros. Less fat calories means you can fit more protein calories.