Baller006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not enough muscle mass?

I'm 165cm or 5'5 in height, I weighed around 69kg or 152 pounds when I started cutting. I have been using myfitnesspal app to keep track of my calorie intake and macros, making sure I'm on a calorie deficit. It's been roughly a month and a bit now, and I'm down to 65kg or 143 pounds. I've used various body fat % calculators online, apparently I'm around 11% body fat. But I personally don't think I'm that lean. I've definitely removed the stomach I once had, with a flat stomach and visible abs (not a 6 pack). My muscles are more defined but not as defined as I thought a 11% body fat would look like.

My PBs in the gym are:
    45kg or 99 pound 1 rep overhead press
    67.5kg or 149 pound 1 rep barbell bench press
    110kg or 242.5 pound 1 rep squat
    93.75kg or 207 pound 1 rep deadlift

I personally believe my muscles just aren't big enough for a proper 11% body fat defined look. My goal is to get to 10% body fat and maybe stay around 10-12% for the summer. However, if the weights aren't heavy enough (muscles not big enough) should I bulk up a bit and gain muscles? What should my plan be?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    attach an image at the bottom (you can).
    your lifts are probably what id say the end of your noob gains for your size, deadlift looks lacking but thats not here or there.
    what is your lift progression like, is it stalled out yet where you cannot add weight to the bar? answer that first, you dont want to jump into a surplus until noob gains are over.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Baller006 View Post
    I'm 165cm or 5'5 in height, I weighed around 69kg or 152 pounds when I started cutting. I have been using myfitnesspal app to keep track of my calorie intake and macros, making sure I'm on a calorie deficit. It's been roughly a month and a bit now, and I'm down to 65kg or 143 pounds. I've used various body fat % calculators online, apparently I'm around 11% body fat. But I personally don't think I'm that lean. I've definitely removed the stomach I once had, with a flat stomach and visible abs (not a 6 pack). My muscles are more defined but not as defined as I thought a 11% body fat would look like.

My PBs in the gym are:
    45kg or 99 pound 1 rep overhead press
    67.5kg or 149 pound 1 rep barbell bench press
    110kg or 242.5 pound 1 rep squat
    93.75kg or 207 pound 1 rep deadlift

I personally believe my muscles just aren't big enough for a proper 11% body fat defined look. My goal is to get to 10% body fat and maybe stay around 10-12% for the summer. However, if the weights aren't heavy enough (muscles not big enough) should I bulk up a bit and gain muscles? What should my plan be?
    I personally would run a clean bulk...increase cals 200 above TDEE and re adjust. More cals help you build muscle but increasing in small increments this will allow little fat gains. Get your Macros dialed in. I would make sure your carbs are higher than your protein for added energy and growth. Remember, you must be always thinking of Progressive Overload on your lifts. Last few reps should be tough but with good form. Super sets are great!

Start with a beginners program. I did Fierce 5 and it worked wonders. Always kept me progressing which is they key in this journey.

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
    Last edited by Watsonm5; 10-20-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    FIERCE 5
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout (Thanks Kimm4)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167871451
    https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/