Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift form check

This is a 315 single at 160lbs. My PR is 345, did it about a month ago. Since then, I haven't come close to that weight, as even 315, as you can see, comes up slow. My strength loss could be down to a change in form, maybe some of you more experienced lifters could give me a few pointers as to what I'm doing wrong and what I could be doing better. Thanks so much.

youtube .com/watch?v=yHzBgHiM7Zo
    starting lifts:
    20lbs standing ohp, 30lbs bench press, 65lbs squat, 95lbs deadlift, 45lbs power clean

current:
    145 standing ohp, 225 bench press, 290 squat, 375 deadlift, 145lbs power clean

MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    pull yourself to the bar not the bar to you

watch alan thrall's video on deadlifts.

you're leaning too forward. the bar isnt close enough to your shins, etc

Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ney1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MichaelDuong View Post
    pull yourself to the bar not the bar to you

watch alan thrall's video on deadlifts.

you're leaning too forward. the bar isnt close enough to your shins, etc
    Thanks for the feedback. So keeping my hips back should fix essentially fix that, correct? I noticed I wasn't exactly pushing through my heels on the lift either.
    starting lifts:
    20lbs standing ohp, 30lbs bench press, 65lbs squat, 95lbs deadlift, 45lbs power clean

current:
    145 standing ohp, 225 bench press, 290 squat, 375 deadlift, 145lbs power clean

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At the top of the lift you push your chest out and shoulders back. Don't do that.

For your setup, you should pack your shoulders and lift your chest. Keep that posture for the full lift. When you lock out at the top, there is no sudden thrust.

I agree with MichaelDuong. You need to work on your setup. Center the bar over your mid-foot before you start lifting. Adjust your grip, set your shoulders and back, and brace your core. When you are setup, begin moving the bar vertically. There is no reason for the bar to move horizontally at the weights you are moving. Rolling the bar toward you at the start of the lift is a technique advanced lifters use for max lifts and competition.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    At the top of the lift you push your chest out and shoulders back. Don't do that.

For your setup, you should pack your shoulders and lift your chest. Keep that posture for the full lift. When you lock out at the top, there is no sudden thrust.

I agree with MichaelDuong. You need to work on your setup. Center the bar over your mid-foot before you start lifting. Adjust your grip, set your shoulders and back, and brace your core. When you are setup, begin moving the bar vertically. There is no reason for the bar to move horizontally at the weights you are moving. Rolling the bar toward you at the start of the lift is a technique advanced lifters use for max lifts and competition.
    Thanks for the detailed instructions

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post

I don't usually come into this section but wanted to see the lift.
    ^^ absolutely awesome advice up there!! Lower the weight to get it right if you have to....its imperative
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

SixPackGoalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ney1011 View Post
    This is a 315 single at 160lbs. My PR is 345, did it about a month ago. Since then, I haven't come close to that weight, as even 315, as you can see, comes up slow. My strength loss could be down to a change in form, maybe some of you more experienced lifters could give me a few pointers as to what I'm doing wrong and what I could be doing better. Thanks so much.

youtube .com/watch?v=yHzBgHiM7Zo
    I'm by no mean a advanced lifter but Ive been working on form a lot and you need to pull the slack out of the bar. so keep the bar in one place DONT MOVE THE BARBELL.

This is how I setup and might help you:

(1) put your feet where it cuts your feet in half (bar over the middle of foot)
    (2) now bring your hands down to the bar don't worry about arching just yet
    (3) bring your shins to the bar without moving the bar, this will allow your hips to sit back, arch and keep tight as possible
    (4) pull the slack out of the bar (basically you will feel it heavy in your hands by keeping upper back tight and your hips back)
    (5) Brace the core and rip it.