B.S. Exercise Physiology JosephDubya's Avatar
    JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Improve your Clean

So I spent MONTHS CrossFitting and Olympic lifting, but due to a shoulder injury I just can't Snatch anymore. Therefore no point for me to waste my time doing either of those since I'll never go to the Olympics or the CrossFit Games if I can't snatch more than the bar... So I transitioned to a Powerlifting/Bodybuilding Split. I train my compound movements like a power lifter but train my accessories like a bodybuilder. Following this for 6 months and I was lifting with a friend recently who Olympic Lifts, decided to see how heavy I could go on the clean and I PRd my clean by 20lbs.
    Through my degree and experience with biomechanics I honestly can contribute this to building a stronger back with bent over rows and single arm dumbbell rows (lawnmowers)
    Incorporate them into your routine if you're not. It'll definitely make a difference.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    Instagram: @jawsfitness
    YouTube: @jawsfitness

Chinzee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JosephDubya View Post
    So I spent MONTHS CrossFitting and Olympic lifting, but due to a shoulder injury I just can't Snatch anymore. Therefore no point for me to waste my time doing either of those since I'll never go to the Olympics or the CrossFit Games if I can't snatch more than the bar... So I transitioned to a Powerlifting/Bodybuilding Split. I train my compound movements like a power lifter but train my accessories like a bodybuilder. Following this for 6 months and I was lifting with a friend recently who Olympic Lifts, decided to see how heavy I could go on the clean and I PRd my clean by 20lbs.
    Through my degree and experience with biomechanics I honestly can contribute this to building a stronger back with bent over rows and single arm dumbbell rows (lawnmowers)
    Incorporate them into your routine if you're not. It'll definitely make a difference.
    No mention of specific injury or training history. No mention of actual weight you're playing with. No mention of other programming/were you neglecting rows before the injury?

But OK, I'll keep in mind to do my bent over rows anyways.
    S 103kg
    CJ 120kg
    BW 83kg

on my way to Paris 2024