jdavis484 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gastric bypass and strongman

This is my first post I had gastric bypass on January 2015 so going on two years I was 330lbs I originally got down to about 155 and looked like I had aids lol I’m 5’10 im at 180lbs now and been around 170-180 for about 7 months now I’ve been going steady to the gym for almost the same amount of time of surgery I was big all my life did all the yo-yo diets exercise programs that’s why I chose to do surgery I have really adopted to gym rat life lol I love going makes me feel great but I guess I have done a lot of stuff newbies do and switch up my programs a lot trying to find one that I love and when I first started doing it the muscle just fell on lol a lot of the weight I lost was muscle so I had to get it all back I was always pretty strong I used to do tires OTR with no boom so kinda had to have some strength anyways my gym had a competition tire flips and weighted pull nothing major but I won and loved it anyways I’ve been researching on doing strongman and been really putting a lot out there just seems like the strength isn’t coming so I don’t know if it’s where I had the bypass if my body just can’t absorb enough food protein to repair to build strength i have a ways to go below or my numbers as you see for working out as much as I have it just seems like the strength isn’t coming and it is really getting discouraging just looking for any advice tips etc thanks again

PR bench 200x2
    PR squat 275x2 low bar
    PR dead 275x2

lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Which bypass procedure did you have? it's hard to get strong when you're under nourished, which several of the procedures do to force the weight loss. Are those numbers in lbs or kilos? Also, strongmen don't care about bench press. Overhead press is where it's at.

jdavis484 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass laparoscopic and the weight is in lbs overhead press is around the 125 mark 1 maybe twice I can definitely eat more now days just don’t know what is getting absorbed