basicdrea is on a distinguished road. (+10)

FAT LOSS ADVICE.. I just wanna get a little leaner..

So i’m a female 5’2” 118lb 20% bodyfat.. have been lifting since december 2016. I think in terms of muscle i’m pretty happy. Would love to cut down some fat but its been tough i started sep 10 eating 1,700cal 150gP 171gC and 49gF, i started at 120.6lb and now i’m around 118lb now.Then begans eating 1,450cal around 130gP 148gC and 43gF. So in less than and month i’m down almost 3lb. I feel like its not much progress and I’m getting a little frustrated.
    I weight train mon-fri (i'm on a split of back/chest,legs,back/shoulders,chest/arms,legs) (Yes, I focus on compound lifts such as squats deadlifts and so on)
    haven't been doing cardio because I hurt my ankle
    BTW i weigh my portions already. And i’ve been eating at home mostly since I truly wanna get my results ASAP. (I WEIGH MY FOODS AND I TRACK ACCORDINGLY)

recently started 1,250 cal 118P and then carbs and fats i switch it up to see what helps me feel fuller.

my strength is pretty good ive was able to bench 105lb for 3reps and 95lb for 6reps which was AWESOME. i couldnt do that before. but i feel like 3lb is nothing and most likely it was like water weight.... (the first link shows SEPTEMBER 18 AND THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS OCT 4)

i'm looking to lose around 8lb, so I could sit around 110lb.
    I just wanna have a leaner midsection because I noticed that my arms tend to lean out quick

Also here are my measurements-
    arm-11in
    chest-32in
    waist-24in
    thigh-20in
    hips-33in

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attac...1&d=1507380995
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attac...1&d=1507380645
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attac...1&d=1507380668
    Last edited by basicdrea; 10-14-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Bump

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you aren't losing consistently you need to drop calories a couple hundred more.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    If you aren't losing consistently you need to drop calories a couple hundred more.
    do you think i might just need to build more muscle first?

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You lost 3lbs in a month, at a BMI of 21.6.
    You realize once you get to the lower end of your BMI that that's normal?
    If you cut more aggressively, you'll lose faster, but you'll lose muscle. .5lb a week is normal progress for someone who's getting to the lower end of their healthy weight range, so just stick to what you were doing before, and be more patient.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    If you cut more aggressively, you'll lose faster, but you'll lose muscle. .5lb a week is normal progress for someone who's getting to the lower end of their healthy weight range, so just stick to what you were doing before, and be more patient.
    okay thanks, you're right.... the 1,250cals have been tough and caused me to binge last night. i'm going to go back to the smaller deficit and see what happens. I was happy with the 1,650calories.

Also, quick question... how do you feel about weighing yourself daily?
    I do this to get an average but i feel like it gets me even more frustrated.
    like since im already kinda leanish, the scale moves a lot slower also since im also short.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by basicdrea View Post
    like since im already kinda leanish, the scale moves a lot slower also since im also short.
    Getting an average is a good way to track through fluctuations, or you can do daily, but take the lowest of each week.
    The best method is dependent on you though, if it's frustrating to weigh daily, weigh weekly, or bi-weekly. Just keep in mind some weigh ins will be higher (water, hormones, etc), and keep an eye on how it's moving over time.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Getting an average is a good way to track through fluctuations, or you can do daily, but take the lowest of each week.
    The best method is dependent on you though, if it's frustrating to weigh daily, weigh weekly, or bi-weekly. Just keep in mind some weigh ins will be higher (water, hormones, etc), and keep an eye on how it's moving over time.
    Very true, thanks!!!

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by basicdrea View Post
    I weigh myself daily but it doesn't fluster me to see it go up and down. It used to, in the beginning, but I am a seasoned vet now, lol. Totally accept and anticipate the wild water weight swings that come with sodium, carbs, extra calories, periods, full moon, etc. If it bums you out, do it weekly.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what are you using to calculate the macros? you said you are weighing and tracking everything just be careful if you are using user entered information in my fitness pal or the like as they are not always accurate. i enter my own or double check the macros

I am 5'1" and reverse right now as I am bulking but when I was cutting i never went below (I just couldnt or refused to or both) 1500 calories, this was with minimal cardio and working out 4-6 days a week cutting. This is the min number i had dropped to when it started to stall at around 113-115 pounds. When you are smaller and a;ready low it gets harder to take off those last fwe pounds. I would say just make sure that your numbers that you are tracking are accurate, be patient and consistent.

I weigh every morning same time and just try to track rolling averages (I use happy scale for that which is nice)
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    what are you using to calculate the macros? you said you are weighing and tracking everything just be careful if you are using user entered information in my fitness pal or the like as they are not always accurate. i enter my own or double check the macros

I am 5'1" and reverse right now as I am bulking but when I was cutting i never went below (I just couldnt or refused to or both) 1500 calories, this was with minimal cardio and working out 4-6 days a week cutting. This is the min number i had dropped to when it started to stall at around 113-115 pounds. When you are smaller and a;ready low it gets harder to take off those last fwe pounds. I would say just make sure that your numbers that you are tracking are accurate, be patient and consistent.

I weigh every morning same time and just try to track rolling averages (I use happy scale for that which is nice)
    Aw thanks helps a lot