Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: Need Help

crismart95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Need Help

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Cris, but you can call me Fallen. I am new to this forum. I need help! I am 22 years old and weigh around 355lbs or approx. 160.7kg and I am 5'10", which makes my BMI at 50.7, yikes! I am trying to lose weight and realize it is too hard to do it alone. I need to reach people online to help me! I need friends, tips, and support. Please! I'm sick of being morbidly obese. The back pain, the health strains, the isolation, etc. I want to do it! I have dreams and this obesity is preventing that from happening. A bit of a Background: I come from a low socioeconomic background, I am from California(specifically LA county), I am a student, I... the rest doesn't matter. Please help me! Something I've learned is that we strive harder for anything when people are there with you. My long term goal, doesn't matter right now, I need to focus on getting started. Will you guys help me? Also, I have a question, do you guys eat healthy out of habit or out of discipline? This question can change my approach differently. Thanks!

ElReyYPG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will help as much as I can.... I need help just like you.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000) RestoringTally is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crismart95 View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Cris, but you can call me Fallen. I am new to this forum. I need help! I am 22 years old and weigh around 355lbs or approx. 160.7kg and I am 5'10", which makes my BMI at 50.7, yikes! I am trying to lose weight and realize it is too hard to do it alone. I need to reach people online to help me! I need friends, tips, and support. Please! I'm sick of being morbidly obese. The back pain, the health strains, the isolation, etc. I want to do it! I have dreams and this obesity is preventing that from happening. A bit of a Background: I come from a low socioeconomic background, I am from California(specifically LA county), I am a student, I... the rest doesn't matter. Please help me! Something I've learned is that we strive harder for anything when people are there with you. My long term goal, doesn't matter right now, I need to focus on getting started. Will you guys help me? Also, I have a question, do you guys eat healthy out of habit or out of discipline? This question can change my approach differently. Thanks!
    Good news. You taken the first steps to a new you. Recognizing that you need to change is a big deal. Good job.

Changing the way you eat is often difficult. Some can change everything all at once. Others need to change a little at a time. One advantage to starting out by changing just a few things, like cutting out processed foods and/or foods and drinks with added sugar, is that it does not feel like you are giving up everything, but you are giving up enough to see a change in a month or two. Seeing the change from cutting back on a few things is an incentive to making other changes.

When starting to change the way you eat, it takes discipline. It takes more disciple to change the way you eat drastically, than if you only cut out a few things. The general rule, though, is that if you do something for a month regularly, it becomes a habit.

For example, I love donuts. I could eat a dozen at one sitting, particular cream filled ones. But it has been years since I've had one. Yes, my mouth still waters when I drive by a Dunkin Donuts and I smell the fresh sugar bombs. But I keep on driving. I still occasionally crave them, but I am out of the habit of eating them, so I don't.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    If your **s is not sore the next day, you are not working it hard enough.
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59