Jake566 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question about CNS fatigue and vertical jump

Is it possible for your vertical jump to be up to 6+ inches lower, when trying to jump the same day as heavy lifting?

Also would a 4 day upper-lower Westside type split be to taxing on the body along with 3 basketball sessions a week?

For example I lift ME upper at 12pm then try and jump in basketball at 7pm and I can't jump at all, whereas when I don't lift I can touch the rim.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When my son was in HS he ran a 4 day U/L split, trained for football (skill, speed, power), did a 10000 shot program, played semi-organized basketball (a loose summer league to get ready for winter), as well as play legion baseball. The goal was to keep game days separate from max effort days and keep heavy upper body workouts a day or two away from scheduled pitching starts (he did throw relief on heavy UB days though). Are your "basketball sessions" league games? pickup? training? If they're not a league game then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If your goal is to dunk then you need to do the work and your lifting is "doing the work".

Yeah they are training sessions lasting from 1-2hrs, ok thanks nothing to worry about then, just was worried i was doing more harm then good. My league games are on separate days and far from heavy sessions as possible.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just be sensible when going about your work and determine what your priorities are. Rest days do not mean be sedentary, think of it more as active rest. So on rest days work on shooting, dribbling, passing, cross over steps, rips, and pivoting. When my son was a multi-sport athlete in HS we use to look at any given time as; current sport - current season; previous session; upcoming season, always prioritizing what is needed for the current season that you're in followed by the next season and lastly the previous season. For example, in the fall he would do the following
    1) Current Season - Football. So football training and recovery takes precedence. Given the nature of the game lifting was done twice a week. Games either on Friday night (varsity), Saturday morning (JV) or Thursday after school (9th or 10th grade). Usually he would play on Friday night.
    2) Next Season - Basketball. So participated in a Sunday basketball tune up league for HS players and did some skill work during the week.
    3) Previous Season - baseball. Participated on a Fall Ball team that played Saturday afternoons. He wanted to work on his pitching so he would usually get a few innings of relief pitching each week, he did this because he mainly played catcher in the summer and wanted to keep working on his pitching skills.

In other words prioritize. It's easy to overwork or not work on the right things, so prioritize your workload. You may need to seek advice from a coach on how to set this up for you.

Ok yeah i see where your coming from. I don't play high school basketball (basketball isn't really set up very good over here especially at the high school level), its a mens league but a competitive level with 3 training sessions a week. I have a total of around 15 games but they're pretty spread out so I've been lifting for progression on weeks without games and taking it easy/de-load on game weeks. I will definitely try and seek advice from a coach. Thanks Again.