anishtain4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great pump but not much gain

Hi,

I get a very good pump during my workout at gym, but my overall gain is not visible at all! I drink about 3 liter of water during workout, is that it? Just the effect of water? I drink well throughout the day also.
    I take whey, creatine, L-Glutamine, regular multi-vitamines, Glucosamine. Calorie intake is Basal Metabolic Calories as I just went through a cut period and don't want to put on back all the fat I've shed.
    I'm 6' and 82kg now.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What gains do you expect if you finished a cut and are not eating enough to gain weight? Also, a pump does not correlate with gains of any sort to my knowledge.

BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000)
    As above says you need to get onto a good lifting reutine and stick to it. when your cutting your not going to gain a great deal of muscle at all. if you want to gain mass you need to eat in a surplus and this mean you will put weight on.

I have lost alot of weight to and now am bulking, coming to terms with adding on calories i have lost was hard but i do it right and the fat gain will be small and muscle gain will be max.
    You Cant Always Get What You Want.

So it's either cut and loose some muscles with it, or gain muscle with fat? There's no in between that one can gain lean muscle but not fat?
    Doesn't muscle use protein for recovery? So if I go with my Basal Calorie intake which would be slightly lower than TDEE, but eating enough protein, shouldn't I gain some muscle but not fat?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are a male and a beginner you can gain 1-2 pounds a month and put on little fat if you train and eat optimally.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    What gains do you expect if you finished a cut and are not eating enough to gain weight? Also, a pump does not correlate with gains of any sort to my knowledge.
    pretty much exactly what i was going to say lol
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by anishtain4 View Post
    So it's either cut and loose some muscles with it, or gain muscle with fat? There's no in between that one can gain lean muscle but not fat?
    Recomping
    We're all gonna make it.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't muscle use protein for recovery? So if I go with my Basal Calorie intake which would be slightly lower than TDEE, but eating enough protein, shouldn't I gain some muscle but not fat?
    You wont gain muscle eating below your TDEE.

You also likely need a proper program
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    You wont gain muscle eating below your TDEE.

You also likely need a proper program
    How about eating TDEE rather than extra? the extra calories for digestion and helping to build muscles should come from fat.
    I'm trying to use the experience of others rather than trying all these ways by myself. I hear a lot that to build muscles I have to go above TDEE, but that means adding fat. The most common way is not always the best way.

Originally Posted by jonnicola View Post
    Recomping
    I looked it up in the forum and sounds interesting, have you used it? What method if so?

jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I looked it up in the forum and sounds interesting, have you used it? What method if so?
    Here is a good explanation for it: http://www.fitnessrxformen.com/train...h-one-is-best/

The results are slower than either bulking or cutting cycles, obviously, but I find it is more ideal for me as I am relatively close to the final bodyweight I want to be at.

You sound like a newbie in terms of lifting though- it's gonna be harder to see 'gains' when recomping than if you bulked up, and recomping is arguably the hardest of the three (bulk/cut/recomp) to get right with your diet dialed in and workout program sorted.

I keep calories slightly higher on workout days/lower on off days, and am not in a rush to see gains or cut fat, so it works for me. You may get frustrated at the slow progress though.
    We're all gonna make it.

B.S. Exercise Physiology JosephDubya's Avatar
    JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) JosephDubya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It takes 6-8 weeks of consistency to see a significant difference in the effect of exercise... So yea, you may have had a sick pump but the pump just means you had a lot of blood flow to the area. Keep doing that for 8 more weeks and see what happens.
    Good luck!
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    Instagram: @jawsfitness
    YouTube: @jawsfitness

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's hardly any evidence for the idea that the pump produces any muscle gain. What is important: total workout volume.

Get on a good workout program.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/