Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Gym Build - First time Home Gym

Ok all. I've been posting around here for a couple of months now deciding on different things for my home gym. It will be a fairly simple gym with just the necessities at first, but here's where I'm at.

The gym will be going in an upstairs "bonus" room. For the past 7 years, it's been my kids "play" room, so the carpet was FUBAR. We went around in circles about what to replace the carpet with. My initial thoughts were to just rip up the carpet and lay down a rubber floor, but my wife talked me out of it. So, we laid an engineered hardwood down.

Since we were going this route, we decided to run the flooring down the hall and down the stairs. There is still a lot of finishing work to do, but the bulk of stuff is done.

Now, for the equipment.

At first, I was thinking bumpers would be the route to go just in case of drops, but then you figure in that you're more likely to drop a bumper than a steel plate due to it's design, I changed my mind. I went with the Rogue 6 shooter plates and picked up a boneyard Ohio bar. I bought the 245 lb. set + an additional pair of 45's.

I'm waiting on the key items. I ordered a Legend 3171, with pro style crossmember, beefy spotter arms (with uhmw), and dip attachment. Along with a 3103 (adjustable bench). Legend tells me that it's all scheduled to ship the week of the 30th.

I've also ordered a set of Powerblock U90 (5-90) and stand that should be shipping this week.

The 4x8 mats I ordered came in last week, so we got the treadmill moved back in it's spot and I placed some other mats where I think the rack will go.

Finally, on the opposite wall is a built in desk and I'll be hanging a TV and upgrading the audio equipment above the desk.

Should be fun.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Ok all. I've been posting around here for a couple of months now deciding on different things for my home gym. It will be a fairly simple gym with just the necessities at first, but here's where I'm at.

Should be fun.
    I love these gym build threads.. Looking forward to see the end result

Nice treadmill

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good plan and a really nice job so far. I love the engineered flooring, my main gym floor is rubber, but I have oak engineered flooring inserts in both of my racks.

IMO the Legend equipment is worth the wait, I have two Legend racks and 2 Legend benches, including a 3103, it's a solid bench and very manoeuvrable.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by krlafont View Post
    I love these gym build threads.. Looking forward to see the end result

Nice treadmill
    *thumbsup*.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Good plan and a really nice job so far. I love the engineered flooring, my main gym floor is rubber, but I have oak engineered flooring inserts in both of my racks.

IMO the Legend equipment is worth the wait, I have two Legend racks and 2 Legend benches, including a 3103, it's a solid bench and very manoeuvrable.
    Thanks Richard.

That's what I've been thinking of doing. So, I have 2 - 4x8 rubber mats then I'll throw 2 - 3/4" sheets of plywood/OSB down on top of the rubber. Then, take a third rubber mat and cut it in half. The middle will be either cabinet grade plywood, or, better yet, I'll go pick up a couple of boxes of 3/4" bamboo flooring and use that.
    We actually looked really hard at bamboo flooring, but we liked the look of this engineered hardwood better. There are a lot of positive attributes to bamboo, we just couldn't find one that we "loved". We liked a lot, but fell in love with this one.
    For the platform, it will be less about love and more about function. Bamboo is really hard (dent resistant), scratches are repaired easily, and is water resistant. I'm sure wifey will have a say on what I choose, but I'm just thinking to go to one of the flooring stores and pick up the leftovers. I guess I need to make a decision in the next month or so.

I pulled the trigger on the Legend equipment based on all of the great responses from those that own them here on this forum, including yours. I have no doubt that it will serve my needs for years to come.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Legend is great stuff. You can get a 12" wide pad on their bench. If you didn't, I'd reach out to them. Nothing wrong with standard but I don't know anyone in the forum that doesn't hugely prefer the support of a 12" or close pad.

This will be a great thread. Rogue 6 shooters like nice and you are correct that if you aren't doing OLs and purposely dropping plates, the bumpers via design are more likely to be dropped. I have nice bumpers but primary plates are grip plates for exactly this reason (myself but mainly my kids).
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Got an email this morning from Legend claiming my stuff was "scheduled to ship next week." I got all excited and called them to pay the balance of the bill, only to find out, oops, we misread the date...

Damn.

I did get the UPS shipping notice from Powerblock though. Scheduled delivery 10/16.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Legend is great stuff. You can get a 12" wide pad on their bench. If you didn't, I'd reach out to them. Nothing wrong with standard but I don't know anyone in the forum that doesn't hugely prefer the support of a 12" or close pad.

This will be a great thread. Rogue 6 shooters like nice and you are correct that if you aren't doing OLs and purposely dropping plates, the bumpers via design are more likely to be dropped. I have nice bumpers but primary plates are grip plates for exactly this reason (myself but mainly my kids).
    I've got 2 girls that I hope to get into resistance training. I started thinking about them handling the plates and instantly thought of grip plates.
    They're both playing volleyball currently and my oldest plays pretty much year round. She's not the most athletic naturally, so if she wants to keep up, she'll have to outwork.

RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks great! Great plan. I am excited to see how this turns out.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just out of curiosity...what made you run the hardwood in the direction you did in the hallway vs running it the length of the hall? Ive seen it done both ways...wasnt sure if theres a right/wrong method? Im a month or so away from installing hardwood in our entire upstairs and cant decide.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Just out of curiosity...what made you run the hardwood in the direction you did in the hallway vs running it the length of the hall? Ive seen it done both ways...wasnt sure if theres a right/wrong method? Im a month or so away from installing hardwood in our entire upstairs and cant decide.
    It keeps it contiguous with the rooms. It can go either way but it's personal choice and if you go the long way then the rooms will follow that pattern. Unless you want a separator type board between rooms and hallway to put the pattern in a different direction in the hallway
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    One of the reasons is as cwc mentioned below. To keep the flow. One thing you don't see in the pictures is that hallway has a 90* turn in it that leads to the stairs. So, once you make the turn, it's running length wise that also matches the stairs.
    Also, if possible, you'll want to run them perpendicular to floor joists. You'll have less flexing that way.

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    It keeps it contiguous with the rooms. It can go either way but it's personal choice and if you go the long way then the rooms will follow that pattern. Unless you want a separator type board between rooms and hallway to put the pattern in a different direction in the hallway
    I went nail down so I didn't have to install any expansion thresholds. Most floating floors require an expansion threshold if you're installing contiguous over 25'.
    You can also install it by the glue down method that I was told is actually a quieter floor once installed, but my skills of installing were a lot better suited to nail down. In other words, gluing it down scared me.

Powerblocks showed up. One step closer.

Finally!

Your order will soon be coming off the production line.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Always like see these new home gyms.. Looks like a really nice space. And excellent choice on the Powerblocks. Can't wait to see the Legend stuff.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally!
    It's going to be worth the wait.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    It's going to be worth the wait.
    I hope you're right. I can't tell you how many times I've second guessed my decision based solely on the wait.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope you're right. I can't tell you how many times I've second guessed my decision based solely on the wait.
    I just called Legend posing as you and asked if they can wait until after the holidays to deliver it. You should have it by mid January.

What was the original estimate/planned delivery date?
    {5'7" and under #1}

I just called Legend posing as you and asked if they can wait until after the holidays to deliver it. You should have it by mid January.

Ordered and paid (deposit) on Sep. 13. Took 2 weeks to get an estimated shipping date of week of Oct. 30. Now, week of Nov. 13.

Ordered and paid (deposit) on Sep. 13. Took 2 weeks to get an estimated shipping date of week of Oct. 30. Now, week of Nov. 13.
    If it's any consolation I think that was quite a bit quicker than mine. I think I was closer to three months.
    {5'7" and under #1}

If it's any consolation I think that was quite a bit quicker than mine. I think I was closer to three months.
    Ouch. Yeah, I get it though. They're not really a "retail" type of business and are probably busting their butt to fill larger orders.

My 3133 took 17 weeks from ordering to delivery, but it did have to cross the Atlantic. I ordered a Watson Leg Extension 3 weeks ago, estimated delivery date mid December. This is the downside of ordering from companies that manufacture to order, the upside to ordering from Legend and Watson is that you're buying a quality product

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love the Legend. Don’t know about the floor.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

That's fricking hilarious!

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Powerblocks showed up. One step closer.

I have those same blocks, along with the extensions to 125lbs each. They're actually made about an hour from my home. They're a great investment!
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Good afternoon litljay,
    Your Legend Fitness order has been shipped today via SAIA, xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Estimated delivery is 5 business days. The carrier will call you 24 hours in advance to set up a delivery time.
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Thank you for choosing LEGEND FITNESS!!

Looking forward to some Thanksgiving setup pictures!!

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Looking forward to some Thanksgiving setup pictures!!
    I hope it makes it before Turkey day, but it may not. Shipped Friday + 5 business days = after Turkey day probably.

It's going to be a chore to get this upstairs. Need to get my platform finished now.

It's going to be a chore to get this upstairs. Need to get my platform finished now.
    Certainly worth the wait.
    {5'7" and under #1}