Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
    What's the % of 290+ weight bodybuilders that have serious organ issues and pass away really early. It's WAY HIGHER than just fat people. I'm not advocating that you should be fat I'm just saying research shows that the extra muscle is actually harder on your heart than extra fat. Just like sub 10% bf isn't healthy for the majority of people.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhantomMaxx View Post
    As a lifter look into using a rower like the Concept 2 or similar for cardio. Rowers are very low impact so they are easy on your joints and back.
    Rowing absolutely wrecks my back FWIW YMMV

On the flip side of that, I've ran all my life, extensively when I was in the RAF right through to today where I did 4 miles before breakfast. Never had an injury or any significant pain from running.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dragman72 View Post
    What's the % of 290+ weight bodybuilders that have serious organ issues and pass away really early. It's WAY HIGHER than just fat people. I'm not advocating that you should be fat I'm just saying research shows that the extra muscle is actually harder on your heart than extra fat. Just like sub 10% bf isn't healthy for the majority of people.
    The "research" doesn't show that in the slightest. 290lb muscular bodybuilders are on serious amounts of PEDs, which causes the health issues. There simply are not any 290lb muscular natural bodybuilders, making any "research" imaginary; so please stop making things up and talking complete bollocks about things you don't understand.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dragman72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    The "research" doesn't show that in the slightest. 290lb muscular bodybuilders are on serious amounts of PEDs, which causes the health issues. There simply are not any 290lb muscular natural bodybuilders, making any "research" imaginary; so please stop making things up and talking complete bollocks about things you don't understand.
    Yes PEDs change it but the facts are still solid. Have you ever been 290 or bigger at 25% give or take a little? I have also been 200 at 10% give or take a little. Hell I've been 355 and fat as hell! 50+%
    I know what I know from personal experience

BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    That's me too. Yes, it is possible to be fat on good food.

Not if you start easy. I've run uninjured for 30+ years at 240-310 lbs. I've run 5 marathons and an ultramarathon at 270 lbs. I vary between 20 and 50 miles per week depending on what I'm focusing on.

Don't do that. It's silly. That documentary is silly.

Find a strategy to eat less. Maybe do a bodybuilding-type diet with high protein. Don't mess yourself up with the juice fast nonsense. I did that for two weeks once and it took me 6 months to get my strength back.
    At your size and age, 20 to 50 miles a week is super impressive.

Like you, I've been able to run uninjured despite my size. I've run a dozen or so halves, but somehow the whole running thing got away from me a few years ago. It started with me running less and less, which eventually drifted into me not running at all. So, I need some motivation. Last night I signed up for a Half in March 2018. I figure that give will give me enough time to slowly build up my distance to prevent injury. I need the race so that I have a goal.

I agree that the juice fast is not optimal. I did lose significant strength last time I did it, but, unlike you, I got it all back in a month or so. I just need something to kick start me and last time it worked for me. Here's what I'm going to do different this time: Last time, I transited slowly from the juice fast to a strict Atkins diet. It worked for me for a while. However, every time I do Atkins, it works great for about two month and I eventually just keep increasing the quantities I eat. Atkins works, but it doesn't work when you're consuming 4,000 calories a day where I always ended up. That's why I'm going to follow Powell's Carb Cycling book when I done with the juice fast. Powell's approach includes counting calories, which is something I clearly need.

BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigOldDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PhantomMaxx View Post
    There is more to cardio then just running. Running can impact your knees, hip, ankles, and lower back. Although running works the largest muscles, the range of motion on said muscles are so limited and does nothing for upper body. As a lifter look into using a rower like the Concept 2 or similar for cardio. Rowers are very low impact so they are easy on your joints and back. Rowers work more muscles including the large leg muscles with much greater range of motion. Almost ever muscle except for chest and triceps are worked. Rowing can help your mobility for squats and deadlift, watch the movement of rowing and you'll see what I mean.
    I have little doubt that rowing would be a great exercise for me. However, I know myself -- It's impossible to keep myself doing any cardio inside on a machine. I've tried the elliptical and the stair climber, but I just can't keep it going. I'd do the same thing with rowing (unless it was out on a lake or river somewhere). Running, on the other hand, is easy. I just get up, put on some sneakers and can't be outside exercising in minutes. Once I get back into it, I'm sure I can keep it going.

For someone like me that is not normally inclined to do cardio, I need to do something I like. So, running it is.

Yes PEDs change it but the facts are still solid. Have you ever been 290 or bigger at 25% give or take a little? I have also been 200 at 10% give or take a little. Hell I've been 355 and fat as hell! 50+%
    Interesting debate... I'm not sure who is correct. However, I do know that 290, regardless if it's muscle or fat, is not healthy for me (especially at my age). I aim to get down under 250 where I was for most of my 30s. My frame carried that weight well and I was so much more healthy.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cardio isn't necessary to lose weight, but it helps as long as it doesn't leave a hunger vacuum that causes you to eat the burnt calories back. As far as modes of cardio goes, I would think that a brisk walk would be "cardio" for someone with a high bodyfat. I walk with a weighted backpack, and adding 25% to my bodyweight makes my heartrate go up . . . especially on hills! I suppose the "best" mode of cardio (like the best diet) is one that you'll stick to. As for me, I really enjoy riding my bike, and it's certainly "friendly" to my knees

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, because I have never been stupid enough to be that fat. I am however currently 235lbs @13%, have had a pacemaker for the last 17 years and am certified in cardiac rehab.

The male body performs optimally in the 12-18% BF range. As long as adequate cardio is being done, no PEDs are being used and people stay below the 18% threshold, an adult male cannot become heavy enough for their bodyweight to have a significant negative impact on long term health.

Originally Posted by BigOldDude View Post
    I have little doubt that rowing would be a great exercise for me. However, I know myself -- It's impossible to keep myself doing any cardio inside on a machine. I've tried the elliptical and the stair climber, but I just can't keep it going. I'd do the same thing with rowing (unless it was out on a lake or river somewhere). Running, on the other hand, is easy. I just get up, put on some sneakers and can't be outside exercising in minutes. Once I get back into it, I'm sure I can keep it going.

For someone like me that is not normally inclined to do cardio, I need to do something I like. So, running it is.
    I recommend swimming. Apart from the stress on your joints being much lower, counting laps, as opposed to clock watching, seems to be psychologically more suited to people that have counted reps for years.
    Last edited by DuracellBunny; 10-10-2017 at 06:20 AM.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, I particularly have a problem with my 6 pack, but it may have something to do with the fact instead of keeping the 6 packs side by side, I keep them all stacked one on top of the other.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    I can't imagine why people would have an issue with this thread? Dude is 6'2 290 pounds. It's not like a guy my size coming in and saying it lol
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You must be new here.
    I'd just like to take credit for my optimistic response which had to be the reason this thread almost went all the way through without any major $hitstorms

Great to hear you took some positive steps BigOldDude. Best of luck with getting yourself healthy again!

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If you think people "enjoy" doing cardio, I have some bad news for you. No one is having fun on those machines, and if they are the might be a bit sadistic. LoL.

As long as running doesn't hinder your recovery and you are physically capable of continuing to do it, do it. If you do find it to be more difficult and it causes issues down the road, swimming, as DB said and a couple of other lower impact options shouldn't be taken off the table simply because you don't enjoy doing them. Don't paint yourself into that corner. No one "likes" to do machine cardio.

Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just drop the bodyfat to a decent percentage. Will save you a lot of kgs. No one natty will become to big.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bullcrab View Post
    Just drop the bodyfat to a decent percentage. Will save you a lot of kgs. No one natty will become to big.
    I call it bullchit. Natty women's muscles just explode from doing the pink dumbbells twice a week. You don't believe it, come in the Female Forum and see how many claim that's exactly what happened to them.

Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you had the topic wrong. be honest with yourself.
    It should be "Has anyone else here gotten too 'FAT' over time?"

answer is yes.

As FAT is a lot easier to gain than muscle and also less dense than muscle.
    Getting too FAT will sure make you getting too BIG.

It is simple junior high physics.
    If you don't understand pick up a book and read it like how you consume your food.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I call it bullchit. Natty women's muscles just explode from doing the pink dumbbells twice a week. You don't believe it, come in the Female Forum and see how many claim that's exactly what happened to them.
    I thought I was the only one that happened to.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    I thought I was the only one that happened to.
    nope, it's scientifically proven, women's muscle growth is inversely proportional to the amount of work and weight they lift. That's why women who lift heavy to grow muscle see very little progress, while women who lift pink dumbbells just frigging explode.

Which is why my upcoming bulking program is two 30 min sessions a weeks with weights not exceeding 10lbs. Watch me get swole.

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nope, it's scientifically proven, women's muscle growth is inversely proportional to the amount of work and weight they lift. That's why women who lift heavy to grow muscle see very little progress, while women who lift pink dumbbells just frigging explode.

Which is why my upcoming bulking program is two 30 min sessions a weeks with weights not exceeding 10lbs. Watch me get swole.
    Interesting! So I should tell my wife to grab the little ones and get after it? Serioously, she wants to tone up. Get rid of flabby arms. Diet first and foremost but keep the weights light? Give me an example program to do weekly...please.
    FIERCE 5
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout (Thanks Kimm4)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167871451
    https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    Interesting! So I should tell my wife to grab the little ones and get after it? Serioously, she wants to tone up. Get rid of flabby arms. Diet first and foremost but keep the weights light? Give me an example program to do weekly...please.
    Lol, Sy and me are being sarcastic.

Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cudacke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is because woman in general cannot differentiate the difference between fat and muscle.
    so as they work the little weights they feel they have worked a lot and then can ignored the guilt for eating even more so they are getting fat.

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Lol, Sy and me are being sarcastic.
    ...I think I hear wind in my ears.
    FIERCE 5

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its reached the point where i dont like how my traps and front delts look. My bf says they look manly. But idgaf really because it wont stop me deadlifting and benching.
    Also mirin of my powerlifters ass so its not all bad
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000) misterponytail is just really nice. (+1000)
    That explains *everything*! We've had so many girls come up to my wife and say that they used to lift, but got too big, so they had to stop. Now we know why!

If we had a buck for every time...
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it.

Everybody gets picked on for something or other. You have to get over it and move on.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I call it bullchit. Natty women's muscles just explode from doing the pink dumbbells twice a week.
    Can you gain more muscle if you spray paint heavier weights pink? Asking for a friend.

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was 250lbs at 6'1" at one point. Lifelong natural. If I ran even a half mile my ankles started to hurt. My BP was not super high but it was around 135-138/95ish or so. I was very strong, 1,400lb total and very strong on accessory stuff. still am honestly but not as strong as I was.
    I have lifted heavy for 21 years now. I was 230+ from 21-37. I realized all the heavy lifting was taking it's toll on my body. Random lower back injuries, shoulder pain, finally some hip and knee pain crept in. That's when I decided it was time for a permanent cut.

I cut from 240 down to 187 this summer. I felt like a god damn gazelle walking around and was running 5k's without issue. My heart rate dropped along with my BP. My HR was always a little high when I was bigger. High 60s or so.

Now my hr is 52-56 and BP is sometimes less than 100/60.

To be fair I have upped my vegetable intake by leaps and bounds and cut sweets and stuff down big time. So the diet change coukd account for some of it but the weight loss was the big reason.

I missed deadlifting and heavy benches and squats etc. So I decided to try bulking and lifting heavy again a few mo ago, I quickly went from 187 to 209 in about 6-7 weeks. My strength went up quickly. But you know what, I felt like ****. After a big meal I would be so damn hot if I was in my normal work wear of shirt and tie and it was hot out etc. It reminded me of being 240+ again. Terrible. I also was not sleeping well at all.

I also felt some aches in my joints etc. So I said enough is enough and cut cals again. I am 200lbs right now currently. I feel great. I am now concerned more with long term care of my body. I don't want to wear out my knees, hips and elbows.

So to answer OP, yeah I felt too big and I was still 40lbs less than you, and younger.
    I'd drop weight for sure if I were You! Better for ling term health and body.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm a newbie here because I've never thought of asking anyone advice on health/lifting.

I'm 50 years old and have been lifting seriously (5+ days a week) since I was 16. Despite being natty, 34 years of lifting, protein and creatine has added up and, now, I weight 290 lbs at 6'2". I have no idea what my BF is -- it's high but not outrageous -- somewhere around 25% (based on those what does xx% bodyfat look like). Over time being a big, musclehead has become my identity. Everywhere i go people comment about my size (i.e., "I wouldn't mess with a guy your size." or "Lift much?").

Traditionally, I've loved being the "big dude." I've liked often being the biggest/strongest guy in the gym. I liked the comments. However, recently, a few things about my size has started to really bother me. First, I'm so big that it's really affected my cardio conditioning -- jogging and swimming just aren't practical. I developed sleep apnea (my doctor blames my lifting) and have to sleep with a CPAP. I've also needed carpal tunnel surgery and a hernia surgery -- both associated with my heavy lifting. I now have to shop in the Big & Tall shop and need to have my suits custom made. Most important, I'm starting to wonder if carrying this much weight and muscle at my age is healthy.

I think it's time for a change, but, for me, it's difficult to make the change. Lifting heavy has been my principle hobby for nearly four decades. Lifting, for me, is a huge mental health outlet -- when injuries have sidelined me, I become depressed, moody and lethargic. My wife is my biggest proponent of my lifting, not because she wants me big but because she likes my moods so much better when I lift.

Recently, I've started to try increase my reps when I work out, but I hate it. Lifting that way just isn't as rewarding or challenging to me. I've quit all supplements (minus a creatine-free pre-workout) and started reducing my protein intake. But, even that isn't working for me much because I find myself replacing good protein with bad carbs.

I would love hearing recommendations on how I should go about changing my lifestyle. Thanks.
    At 6'2" and 290 you're not "too big", you're obese. How many calories are you eating daily?

Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    I was 250lbs at 6'1" at one point. Lifelong natural. If I ran even a half mile my ankles started to hurt. My BP was not super high but it was around 135-138/95ish or so. I was very strong, 1,400lb total and very strong on accessory stuff. still am honestly but not as strong as I was.
    I have lifted heavy for 21 years now. I was 230+ from 21-37. I realized all the heavy lifting was taking it's toll on my body. Random lower back injuries, shoulder pain, finally some hip and knee pain crept in. That's when I decided it was time for a permanent cut.

I cut from 240 down to 187 this summer. I felt like a god damn gazelle walking around and was running 5k's without issue. My heart rate dropped along with my BP. My HR was always a little high when I was bigger. High 60s or so.

Now my hr is 52-56 and BP is sometimes less than 100/60.

To be fair I have upped my vegetable intake by leaps and bounds and cut sweets and stuff down big time. So the diet change coukd account for some of it but the weight loss was the big reason.

I missed deadlifting and heavy benches and squats etc. So I decided to try bulking and lifting heavy again a few mo ago, I quickly went from 187 to 209 in about 6-7 weeks. My strength went up quickly. But you know what, I felt like ****. After a big meal I would be so damn hot if I was in my normal work wear of shirt and tie and it was hot out etc. It reminded me of being 240+ again. Terrible. I also was not sleeping well at all.

I also felt some aches in my joints etc. So I said enough is enough and cut cals again. I am 200lbs right now currently. I feel great. I am now concerned more with long term care of my body. I don't want to wear out my knees, hips and elbows.

So to answer OP, yeah I felt too big and I was still 40lbs less than you, and younger.
    I'd drop weight for sure if I were You! Better for ling term health and body.
    Thanks! It's good to see others made a permanent paradigm shift after being big for a very long time.

I don't think I could ever get down to anywhere near your weight. I haven't been under 200 since I was 16 years old. But, I think I would do very well around 240 -- that's may aim.

I've already made some good progress. I'm down over 10 lbs since I started five days ago. I'm sure much of that is water and/or muscle, but it nice to see the pounds dropping off the scale. More importantly, I've done mild cardio 4 out of the last 5 days. I already see an noticeable increase in energy already. It feels good having a new focus on health rather than being in the rut I've been in for a long time.

The hardest part is actually switching up my lifting from a focus on heavy weight to a focus on reps. I've dieted many time before and have done lots of cardio during my lifetime. On the other hand, in 34 years of lifting, I have never lifted for reps. Doing a lift where I'm doing 14+ reps (outside of a warm-up set) and doing it to failure, is completely foreign to me. Even figuring out how much weight to put on the bar or which dumbbell to use is a stab in the dark. I guess I'll eventually get used to it, but this is easily the hardest part of my paradigm shift. Teaching an old dog new tricks is never easy.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! It's good to see others made a permanent paradigm shift after being big for a very long time.

I don't think I could ever get down to anywhere near your weight. I haven't been under 200 since I was 16 years old. But, I think I would do very well around 240 -- that's may aim.

I've already made some good progress. I'm down over 10 lbs since I started five days ago. I'm sure much of that is water and/or muscle, but it nice to see the pounds dropping off the scale. More importantly, I've done mild cardio 4 out of the last 5 days. I already see an noticeable increase in energy already. It feels good having a new focus on health rather than being in the rut I've been in for a long time.

The hardest part is actually switching up my lifting from a focus on heavy weight to a focus on reps. I've dieted many time before and have done lots of cardio during my lifetime. On the other hand, in 34 years of lifting, I have never lifted for reps. Doing a lift where I'm doing 14+ reps (outside of a warm-up set) and doing it to failure, is completely foreign to me. Even figuring out how much weight to put on the bar or which dumbbell to use is a stab in the dark. I guess I'll eventually get used to it, but this is easily the hardest part of my paradigm shift. Teaching an old dog new tricks is never easy.
    Upload some pictures as I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in what you look like at that height and weight, it would also be interesting to see how your shape changes as you drop weight.

Even if you don't post them be sure to take them for your own progress charting/recording.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Can you gain more muscle if you spray paint heavier weights pink? Asking for a friend.
    ...I'm not falling for it this time.
    FIERCE 5

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think I could ever get down to anywhere near your weight. I haven't been under 200 since I was 16 years old.
    You could. You may not want to, but you could get under 200 lbs. Nobody's bones weigh more than 200 lbs. There are plenty of guys who have bigger frames and more muscle mass than you who got under 200 lbs.

https://www.runnersworld.com/general...won-a-marathon

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-p...the-bengals-27

Again, you likely want to maintain bigger size than those guys did, but you definitely could be 100 lbs lighter.