Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Xariann's training log

I started a weight lifting program and I thought it would be a good idea to keep a journal. I already did it for a week, although in the first week I was more testing and checking things like form and so on. Before this new workout, I did HIIT and tabatas. They definitely improved my energy level but I feel I like weight lifting more. My goal is to lose fat and eventually build some muscle, for that "fit look", but one thing at the time.

I do a full body workout 3 times a week. Twice at home and once in the gym. The home workout has been slightly modified so I can do it without machines.

I also started Yoga for the purposes of improving my flexibility. Today I did it for the first time both before and after my workout. I was surprised to see how much tighter I was before the workout and when I did it again after I was less tight. And my muscles actually feel better than they do without the Yoga after the workout.

Anyway here is what I did today. Circuit style, so what the sequence here has been done 3 times. My time today was 35 minutes. On Monday I did it in 41 minutes, but I wasn't feeling very energetic. (Note that I am sharing the workout from an app so the formatting follows that).

Goblet squat
    1. 5kg 14x
    Barbell Row, Bent Over (standing)
    1. 10kg 14x
    Barbell Flat Bench Press, Wide Grip
    1. 10kg 14x
    Barbell Deadlift
    1. 10kg 14x
    Dumbbell Alternating Biceps Curl (standing)
    1. 3kg 14x
    Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks (bent over)
    1. 3kg 14x
    Twisting Air Bike Crunches
    1. 0kg 20x
    Butterfly sit up
    1. 0kg 10x
    Bulgarian split
    1. 0kg 10x
    Last edited by Xariann; 10-04-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xariann will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I should probably update this, even though I am off on holiday for a week.

I did 10 minutes of Yoga at on Sunday and 15 this morning.

Also walked 8.2km on Sunday.

For the rest of the week I'll probably be doing Yoga/stretches daily.

One stretching exercise I should mention I am doing daily is the Wall Angel, in the hope that it'll help me with the barbell squat (which at the moment has been replaced by deadlifts.) Regardless, it is still a good stretch, as it's quite difficult for me, and it does show me how tight I am.

Alright, so today I had a bit of time to fit in a couple of quick holiday bodyweight workouts.

One 4 minutes tabata, exercises performed (obviously 20 seconds, 10 rest):

Alternating lunges
    Knee push ups
    Squats
    Mountain climbers

I also did another circuit workout, 5 minutes, 2 sets of this sequence:

10 Leg circles
    6 knee push ups
    10 squats
    6 tricep dips (from seated)
    10 leg circles

The circles would have been lunges, but I am trying to recover from knee injury and I had done the lunges in the tabata, so went easy on the lunges (only until I recover!)