krl888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Looking for First-time Cut advice!

Hey!

I'm starting a 14 week cut for an audition (that is primarily judged on body and looks, hence why I put this in this thread.) I competed in a pageant and did really well this past September, and did about a 6 week "cut" so to speak (in quotes because I really didn't know exactly what I was doing, and went off of what I was reading online. It was also WAY too short so I really cut down on intake quickly) I was the first runner up and when I didn't win, I completely let my diet go to hell, and gained back the weight in a short two months or so.

Here are some stats/facts for you guys to help me out:

Height 5"8
    Current weight 142.3
    Goal weight 130-132

Last "cut":
    6 weeks
    Start weight: 141.5
    Show weight: 133
    (weighed around 135.5 the week before, cut down on water weight right before the show.)
    Ate around 1,000 cals a day (very low, I know, but I was on a time crunch.)
    Carb cycled 4 low, 2 high. My second high carb day was more untracked or included a refeed/cheat meal.
    Did 45-60 min of cardio 4-5 times a week
    Lifted 3-4 times a week (lighter weight toward end)
    Did plyometric 30 min HIIT workout 2-3 times a week
    It worked very well for me, but like I said I rebounded VERY quickly, which I would not like to happen in the future. Part of this is my fault for eating like a crazy person after.

Previous weight-loss:
    Last fall I went through a break-up and was pretty low (I'm good now no worries...lol) but I didn't work out at all. I went from 140ish pounds to 130 from around mid-october to December. I LOVED the way I looked hovering around 130 but it wasn't easy to maintain once I started feeling more like myself/happier. I was able to maintain 134-135 for a while and prepped for an audition in March. I entered the audition at 136. Although the weight was higher, like I mentioned I hadn't worked out one bit in months, so I believe my BF percentage dropped even though weight went up. Again, after the audition, I got too out of control with food and got back to the 142 range.

Now:
    I believe my BMR to be 1400-1600 based on calculations and tracking/observations

Any help?!? Cals? Cardio? Macro splits? I am usually okay being low-carb because I enjoy a lot of proteins and fats.
    My goal is to get to 130-132 from the cut, and then dial it in for about 2 or 3 weeks to get more "stage lean" for the audition. I would really like to maintain 132 max.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krl888 View Post
    Hey!

I'm starting a 14 week cut for an audition (that is primarily judged on body and looks, hence why I put this in this thread.) I competed in a pageant and did really well this past September, and did about a 6 week "cut" so to speak (in quotes because I really didn't know exactly what I was doing, and went off of what I was reading online. It was also WAY too short so I really cut down on intake quickly) I was the first runner up and when I didn't win, I completely let my diet go to hell, and gained back the weight in a short two months or so.

Here are some stats/facts for you guys to help me out:

Height 5"8
    Current weight 142.3
    Goal weight 130-132

Last "cut":
    6 weeks
    Start weight: 141.5
    Show weight: 133
    (weighed around 135.5 the week before, cut down on water weight right before the show.)
    Ate around 1,000 cals a day (very low, I know, but I was on a time crunch.)
    Carb cycled 4 low, 2 high. My second high carb day was more untracked or included a refeed/cheat meal.
    Did 45-60 min of cardio 4-5 times a week
    Lifted 3-4 times a week (lighter weight toward end)
    Did plyometric 30 min HIIT workout 2-3 times a week
    It worked very well for me, but like I said I rebounded VERY quickly, which I would not like to happen in the future. Part of this is my fault for eating like a crazy person after.

Previous weight-loss:
    Last fall I went through a break-up and was pretty low (I'm good now no worries...lol) but I didn't work out at all. I went from 140ish pounds to 130 from around mid-october to December. I LOVED the way I looked hovering around 130 but it wasn't easy to maintain once I started feeling more like myself/happier. I was able to maintain 134-135 for a while and prepped for an audition in March. I entered the audition at 136. Although the weight was higher, like I mentioned I hadn't worked out one bit in months, so I believe my BF percentage dropped even though weight went up. Again, after the audition, I got too out of control with food and got back to the 142 range.

Now:
    I believe my BMR to be 1400-1600 based on calculations and tracking/observations

Any help?!? Cals? Cardio? Macro splits? I am usually okay being low-carb because I enjoy a lot of proteins and fats.
    My goal is to get to 130-132 from the cut, and then dial it in for about 2 or 3 weeks to get more "stage lean" for the audition. I would really like to maintain 132 max.
    Go to the nutrition section and read up and calories, tdee, and macros.. you can figure this all out yourself
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

krl888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Go to the nutrition section and read up and calories, tdee, and macros.. you can figure this all out yourself
    I have. I am looking for advice specific to what I mentioned above, because I am afraid of damaging my metabolism/body based on what I THINK is correct. No need to respond if you're not going to help. Thanks!

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krl888 View Post
    I have. I am looking for advice specific to what I mentioned above, because I am afraid of damaging my metabolism/body based on what I THINK is correct. No need to respond if you're not going to help. Thanks!
    I am being helpful.
    I'm going to respond by saying that you did not pay attention to what you read. I know that by your response. Educating yourself is your most important tool. Having others do the work for you will not help.

If you want a coach or nutritionist, hire one. No one here will set you up with every part of your plan.
    I personally am a coach and I work with ppl who do some research of their own instead of blindly following what I say. I know that's not normal in today's world bc everyone wants to take the easy way but that's life.
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter