tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tpreston92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Had my first EVER mug of coffee in my life (not joking) before my workout today

Heard the caffeine helps with the workouts but I have never chosen to drink it until today.

It seemed to help with my performance but I felt really edgey and my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest at some points.

Is this normal when you drink it for the first time? And do you get more accustom to it the more you have it?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are not used to caffeine, than yes, that is a normal response. You may or may not get used to it, everyone reacts differently.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First coffee, but was it your first time consuming caffeine?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    And there is someone like me who doesn't even feel anything... Also whenever I just take a sip of it, I need to take ****, not always though... Don't know if this is good or bad. Well, it's bad.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rml27v View Post
    And there is someone like me who doesn't even feel anything... Also whenever I just take a sip of it, I need to take ****, not always though... Don't know if this is good or bad. Well, it's bad.
    It's funny, I don't actually care too much about caffeine from coffee because it never amps me up enough to make me jittery, but I'm basically addicted to the flavor... and sadly I don't get that same flavor from decaf. So, in the morning I have decaf because otherwise it can give me a little reflux if I have it around meals (regular coffee that is), but then later in the day I have an afternoon cup of normal coffee and it's like a treat... not sure why.

I don't think the bowel-movement benefits are an issue really... even habitual BM's are a good thing and it's not like you're consuming huge amounts to FORCE the process...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User LucasLucasLucas's Avatar
    LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucasLucasLucas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you've never had caffeine before, you can start off with small amounts and you'll still get a big effect. If you drink a bunch at once, you'll probably get the sort of uncomfortable feeling that you experienced.

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A study conducted by the University of Georgia and Clarkston University asked their subjects to perform cognitive tests in order to assess motivation, mood, attention and error rates. They found that the group who used cocoa in conjunction with caffeine performed better and experienced less anxiety than the other groups that were given cocoa only, caffeine only, and placebos.

The scientists found that "the combination of fatigue-fighting coffee and anxiety-reducing cocoa was the best combination for boosting attention span." They suggest that the theobromine and flavonols in coca combined with the adenosine or benzodiazepine receptors, thus reducing anxiety. They also concluded that it might take up to 30 days of daily cocoa supplementation to benefit from the full enhancing effect, maybe because of "receptor up-regulation."

To enhance your coffee's neuro-enhancing properties and reduce the anxiety-producing effects, combine from 500mg to 2-3g of powdered Cocoa with your Coffee, and enjoy the best of both worlds!