abe10202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I eat before you workout?

I workout in the mornings! I don't have time to be waiting like an hour after I eat breakfast to workout, so can't I just workout in an empty stomach and THEN eat breakfast? Im trying to gain muscle btw and am a begginer.

Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by abe10202 View Post
    I workout in the mornings! I don't have time to be waiting like an hour after I eat breakfast to workout, so can't I just workout in an empty stomach and THEN eat breakfast? Im trying to gain muscle btw and am a begginer.
    Try working out without eating. If your body is fine with it and you don't burn out half way through, keep doing it. If not try eating a light snack when you wake up, like a banana, and then work out. Either way you can eat your proper breakfast afterwards.

It's better to workout on an empty stomach than a full one; you only have so much blood and it all rushes to your stomach immediately after a meal leaving a lot less for your muscles. A bit of fruit won't generate this effect enough to matter though.

Eating on an empty stomach depends completely on the person's preferences. It won't affect your muscle gain.

abe10202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Seanbroadie View Post
    Try working out without eating. If your body is fine with it and you don't burn out half way through, keep doing it. If not try eating a light snack when you wake up, like a banana, and then work out. Either way you can eat your proper breakfast afterwards.

It's better to workout on an empty stomach than a full one; you only have so much blood and it all rushes to your stomach immediately after a meal leaving a lot less for your muscles. A bit of fruit won't generate this effect enough to matter though.

Eating on an empty stomach depends completely on the person's preferences. It won't affect your muscle gain.
    thanks!!!