littlenuggett is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it okay to NOT feel muscle soreness After workout?

Hiya,

So if I want to build muscle etc. Is it okay not to have muscle soreness After workout?
    My body usually isn't sore next day after workout, I don't know Why. Even tho I don't do lazy workouts. Sometimes when I do legs (strongest part of my body) I feel soreness and fatique After workout.

Is this normal? Or should I change something in my routine? I try to use max weight I can.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by littlenuggett View Post
    should I change something in my routine? I try to use max weight I can.
    This is more concerning than muscle soreness or lack therof.

You should not be attempting to program for yourself. You should be following an established strength training routine like the ones listed on the workouts forum.

If you already are, and are simply concerned about lack of soreness, then don't be. Generally soreness only occurs when the bodys exposed to a new or unique stimulus. I train for an hour ish a day every day and don't get sore.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most people experience DOMS (soreness) when they just start exercising, or move to a new routine/exercises. That's normal. As your body becomes accustomed to those exercises, the DOMS usually goes away after a little bit of time. That's also normal, and is no way an indication of the quality of your workout.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169283793

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends.. if you are new to the particular excercise you will get sore. If bodybuilding you may push closer to failure to get pump than if you strength train and so might get more sore that way.

If you train a lot you should expect a little soreness as part of effort but nothing crazy! (I squat 3 times a week and my legs always a little bit sore, especially in morning) but if it's really bad I'd question if you are on the right program or need adjustment to it.

Take chamelious advice and stick to an established program. Checkout fierce5 on this forum. Also lots of other great ones out there, starting strength for example.

Seriously, you'll get better gains using a program than just doing stuff.