StarJuice is on a distinguished road. (+10)

6 Day Split for mass gain?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here.
    I'm bodybuilding since april 2016 and i lost 33kg's during the first 6 months and at the moment i gained 4kg's since (muscle gains).
    I went from a fat percenatage of 40% to 18.2% at the moment. My weight is 89kgs at the moment.

I used to do a 4 day split and every 3 months i would reverse it:
    - Monday - chest / triceps ( about 4 excersizes each muscle group)
    - Tuesday - Back - Biceps ( about 4 excersizes each muscle group)
    - Thursday - Shoulders / Forearms (about 8 excersizes shoulders, and 4 for forearms).
    - Friday - Legs (complete leg workout, squats, lunges, legpress, calves etc.

and cardio and abs on every other day.

I got some nice gains and definitions for a beginner. But now I'd keep thinking im progressing slowly and i wanna try to boost the progression speed up.
    Right now i want to get more muscle gains and after like 5-6 months i wanna start losing some extra fat again. Or maybe even earlier dependent on how i feel about it.

My new training schedule will look like this:
    My reasoning behind the 8 excersizes each muscle group is that in my previous split, i feel like the shoulders had the best progression).

Strength Split:
    Monday - Chest (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps))
    Tuesday - Biceps (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps)) - Abs
    Wednesday - Back (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps))
    Thursday - Shoulders (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps))- Abs
    Friday - Legs (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps))
    Saturday - Triceps (+/- 8 excersizes / 4x10 reps)) - Abs

Cardio Split
    Monday - Medium Intensity (45-60 Minutes)
    Tuesday - Medium Intensity (45 - 60 Minutes)
    Thursday - Medium Intensity (45 - 60 Minutes)
    Friday - Medium Intensity (45 - 60 Minutes)

Now i would like to know if there are people on here who have experience with this type of split and if it is a good approach for gaining mass. Or maybe that i'm looking at it the wrong way.
    And perhaps should keep going on with the 4 day split except different type of excersizes.

Cheers,

StarJuice

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2-3 days a week is plenty.. I always recommend full body, but we are all different. I tried splits and thought they were mediocre at best.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    2-3 days a week is plenty.. I always recommend full body, but we are all different. I tried splits and thought they were mediocre at best.
    Thanks for your input. Im still figuring out the ins and outs that will work best for my body. So if i would follow a 2-3 day workout routine, how many excersizes do you take for each muscle group.
    Around 4 i assume?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    My advice would be not to make your own routine. You would likely do better on an expert designed routine like those in the sticky threads.

In answer to your question, I don't think you need that many exercises per muscle group. Variety is something that more advanced lifters need for various reasons. Novices should focus on directed adaptation - i.e. progressing 1 or 2 main lifts per muscle group.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A day just for Biceps and a day just for Triceps?

LOL
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    My advice would be not to make your own routine. You would likely do better on an expert designed routine like those in the sticky threads.

In answer to your question, I don't think you need that many exercises per muscle group. Variety is something that more advanced lifters need for various reasons. Novices should focus on directed adaptation - i.e. progressing 1 or 2 main lifts per muscle group.

Thanks for your advice. My previous workout routine was from a design by an expert. (except for the shoulders, i added 4 excercizes i needed to do for my shoulder injury recovery, after that i kept doing them).
    But now i kinda lost my path in what i need to do. I'll look at the stickies again and see what suits me best. I might check those out. With the previous routine i got good results but it's staggering at the moment so i definately need something new.

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    A day just for Biceps and a day just for Triceps?

LOL
    I guess :P

Beating Average Genetics R4z0rEdge's Avatar
    R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your muscle group training frequency is too low man. Most people respond best to training each muscle group between x2-3 per week. Good article on programming here - http://thephysiquelifestyle.com/blog...-maximum-mass/

I'd recommend (as said previously) getting on a programme designed by an expert. The stickies are a good place to start.
    - Maxing out my genetic potential with science ;-) -

My blog - https://thephysiquelifestyle.com/

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    at your point I don't think it is necessary to split up your exercises like this, especially having days dedicated to small muscle groups like biceps.

@R4z0rEdge
    Thank you for your input, gonna read the article, looks interesting.

@scooby
    I've indeed come to see that's not a good idea. Atleast with everything you guys told me and that i've read about it in the last few days.

I've decided to go for Steve Cook's Modern Physique training program. The excercizes in it seem to be what i'm looking for. I'm gonna start with it tomorrow and i'll see how it went after 8 weeks.
    I'm gonna see what i'll do after that.