notgaining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy What am i doing wrong?

Hey guys,

Ive had this constant problem for a while now. I have quiet tight traps/shoulders and also uneven muscles (my whole left side is bigger then my right). I cant do exercises on my right arm properly, but on my left just fine. for example :

bicep curls = left arm does it just fine, but on my right when it struggles the trap get activated and i dont know how to control this? ive tried locking my elbows, against the wall, preacher curls. everything.
    single arm dumbbell row = again left arm does it fine, but as for the right i cant get it to work my lat properly and end up working my delt more then my back.

what can i do to fix this? i do the exercise with perfect form, but my right arm is a bitch. Im considering getting this right trap/shoulder checkd or worked by a massage/acupuncture.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This may sounds counterintuitive but I would say the answer is to work the traps.

Stretch if you need to in order to get the traps to move through a full range of motion and do sets of overhead shrugs (or other trap exercise). The key thing is that each rep is taken through a full range of motion at a smooth tempo. The weight needs to be chosen so that you do moderately high reps (about 10-20) before the muscle starts to become fatigued.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This may sounds counterintuitive but I would say the answer is to work the traps.

Stretch if you need to in order to get the traps to move through a full range of motion and do sets of overhead shrugs (or other trap exercise). The key thing is that each rep is taken through a full range of motion at a smooth tempo. The weight needs to be chosen so that you do moderately high reps (about 10-20) before the muscle starts to become fatigued.
    I usually end up training my traps anyways through shoulder movements and when i work my delts ...along with the exercises i do wrong which also work them. I hate this so much and just want my right side to be fixed and balanced with my left

bump

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by notgaining View Post
    I usually end up training my traps anyways through shoulder movements and when i work my delts ...along with the exercises i do wrong which also work them. I hate this so much and just want my right side to be fixed and balanced with my left
    Yes but those movements do not articulate the muscle through a full range of motion - and if the movement is fast and jerky (e.g. push press or power clean) then it's even worse.

I have firsthand experience of this.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes but those movements do not articulate the muscle through a full range of motion - and if the movement is fast and jerky (e.g. push press or power clean) then it's even worse.

I have firsthand experience of this.
    ill give it a go, what happens if i get even worse pain after tho?

It might get DOMS first few times you do it - you need to know the difference between DOMS and pain. If you have shooting pains, stop exercising, consult a physiotherapist.