Thread: Question

Registered User carlurich@yahoo.com's Avatar
    carlurich@yahoo.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Hello.

I have a question.

I am getting surgery on my ear on Wednesday. I will not be able to train for three weeks.

Can you give me some suggestions what I should eat? I have to be careful that I don't gain a lot of weight. I anticipate being stuck in the house for three to four days. So I plan on going to the store this weekend and stocking up. Need some ideas on what to purchase.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Carl

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by carlurich@yahoo.com View Post
    Hello.

I have a question.

I am getting surgery on my ear on Wednesday. I will not be able to train for three weeks.

Can you give me some suggestions what I should eat? I have to be careful that I don't gain a lot of weight. I anticipate being stuck in the house for three to four days. So I plan on going to the store this weekend and stocking up. Need some ideas on what to purchase.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Tacos.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Tacos.
    Yup, last time I couldn't lift for 3 weeks I switched to an all taco diet as well. Kept me from getting fat.

I'm pretty sure I read it in an old Ironman magazine. It was Frank Zane who first implemented the taco diet during time away from the gym.

There is a research article somewhere, but my Google-fu is weak today.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I disagree. Macaroni and cheese will be what the doctor ordered.

Sprinkle it with oregano and lima beans and you will lose weight, guaranteed.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I disagree. Macaroni and cheese will be what the doctor ordered.

Sprinkle it with oregano and lima beans and you will lose weight, guaranteed.
    Well, that was the old school train of thought, but in the THOSE days, a guy at 12% bodyfat was considered "ripped".

Stick to your outdated bro-science, but all the most recent research says tacos for the win.

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Well, that was the old school train of thought, but in the THOSE days, a guy at 12% bodyfat was considered "ripped".

Stick to your outdated bro-science, but all the most recent research says tacos for the win.
    That's not recent enough. I'm relying on future research. That will prove me right!
    -Voltaire

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jeez, I'd love to snark this one up but,
    don't sweat it OP.

Calorie burn during training is far less
    than most think.

If you have a sensible eating plan,
    stick with it.

Heal up and get back in the gym.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Jeez, I'd love to snark this one up but,
    don't sweat it OP.

Calorie burn during training is far less
    than most think.

If you have a sensible eating plan,
    stick with it.

Heal up and get back in the gym.
    As long as we're being serious, this is good advice. Recovery from surgery and recovery after lifting have a lot in common. Both require good nutrition. And three weeks isn't that long.
    -Voltaire

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Eat whatever, it's all about portion size

just kidding, good luck with the surgery!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just finishing recovery from a surgery (2nd one this year). In recovery I eat just a few calories less than my training maintenance level. On both surgeries I immediately gained three pounds (mostly water) and then the weight stabilized. Upon returning to normal activity the weight went away quickly.