squidgy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need al lsorts of help

hi everyone. ive wanted to start bodybuilding for yrs literally! im 43 now lol im shy so wont workout outside or in a gym. i live on a narrowboat so hardly any space. so any ideas on which exercises i could do in a very small space..? im terrible at sticking to anything aswell, so any help on that problem would be good also... please help ive had enough of how i look :'(

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know what to tell you.

The only things that matter in this sport (that you can control) are consistency and effort, and if you're:

A. Terrible at sticking with things

B. Won't go somewhere that you can train adequately, like a gym or even outside where you have enough space

then I don't see this going well for you.

You absolutely can change your body if you want to, but you have to want it enough to take action.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by squidgy69 View Post
    hi everyone. ive wanted to start bodybuilding for yrs literally! im 43 now lol im shy so wont workout outside or in a gym. i live on a narrowboat so hardly any space. so any ideas on which exercises i could do in a very small space..? im terrible at sticking to anything aswell, so any help on that problem would be good also... please help ive had enough of how i look :'(
    Changing your body composition takes a long time, pretty solid consistency, and the ability to work out your entire body in a way that provides progressive load. I do not know what a narrow boat is, but I doubt you could fit the bare necessities on there you'd need to make any sort of progress. You'd need a decent accoutrement of at least dumbbells and a bench.

Being able to stick with something comes down to will. Some people are motivated to do something because they really enjoy it, sometimes it's simply because they know it's best for them, or because it's detrimental to health. You have to find 'the reason' and do it no matter what.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If it helps, literally no one gives a f*** about you in the gym. Everyone is there to work on themselves. No one is going to stare. No one is going to judge. If you wear big headphones and avoid eye contact, there's a good chance that no one but employees will even say hello to you. If you ignore the employees enough, they'll get the point and leave you alone too.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Registered User 27MinuteMiracle's Avatar
    27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last edited by Iceman1800; 09-22-2017 at 06:26 AM.