TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50)

More home runs hit this year than any other year in the MLB

Breaking the record of home runs hit in the year 2000

It hasn't been guys hitting 30 and 40 homers, but rather a bunch of bottom of the lineup guys hitting 10 or 15 home runs this year.

Pretty exciting if you're a baseball fan. Baseball drew a huge crowd and made a major comeback in 1998 when McGwire and Sosa battled it out to beat Maris' home run record.

I hope steroids aren't the reason for the massive number of home runs, but if it is, then so be it. Records have already been shattered by players juiced up, there's really not many more records to break. Not only that, more exciting baseball leads to more stadiums being filled with people actually excited about the game.

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I buy more into the fact of the "juiced baseballs" than I do the "juiced players". I mean I think some players still cheat (and some get caught while others do not) but I still think the change in the manufacturing of the baseball (spun much tighter than they previously were) is the reason.

But I could easily be wrong.

-Spaz
    Gaspari Nutrition Representative
    Gaspari Nutrition - https://gasparinutrition.com/
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/gn.htm

Follow me on IG @gaspari_spaz

Registered User heyquikquestion's Avatar
    heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Focus on launch angles, players swinging for the fences regardless of count, giving no fukks about striking out, increased fastball velocity, juiced balls, better steroids probably all play a part. When Scooter Gennett is hitting four home runs in one game you know things are fukked.

Cubs are about to break their team record for home runs in a season and only have one guy with over 30. 6 guys with over 20 though.
    Last edited by heyquikquestion; 09-20-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Chicago Cubs
    UNLV Basketball

I don't know if it's the wine or the coke that makes her sound like her jaw is broke
    She's workin hard to make some sense, but she ain't got a dime
    I wish to god that I could help her out
    I wish I knew what she was talkin bout
    I wish to god that I could get away, but I'm way too drunk to drive

PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most of my experience this year revolves around watching Tampa and they seem to be swinging for the fences almost all of the time, regardless of count. Has lead to many home runs and even more strikeouts.
    Bench - 315lbs
    Squat - 365lbs
    Deadlift- 500lbs

-Girl didn't believe I was a virgin my first time crew
    -WRECKING CREW

Registered User heyquikquestion's Avatar
    heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) heyquikquestion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PushupBrah View Post
    Most of my experience this year revolves around watching Tampa and they seem to be swinging for the fences almost all of the time, regardless of count. Has lead to many home runs and even more strikeouts.
    Rays are sixth in home runs in the AL, first in strikeouts and dead last in runs scored. That must be incredibly frustrating to watch for Rays fans.
    Chicago Cubs
    UNLV Basketball

I don't know if it's the wine or the coke that makes her sound like her jaw is broke
    She's workin hard to make some sense, but she ain't got a dime
    I wish to god that I could help her out
    I wish I knew what she was talkin bout
    I wish to god that I could get away, but I'm way too drunk to drive

MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000) MrStrange is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mets have the most home runs in the NL but tossing those numbers aside, they're having one of the most statistically worse seasons in their franchise history.
    03/04/18

The date all LeBron vs Kobe debates officially ceased.

AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think batters are just getting more nuanced about opposing pitchers and studying the all 22 tape more than they used to.

DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000) DreamerCut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by heyquikquestion View Post
    Focus on launch angles, players swinging for the fences regardless of count, giving no fukks about striking out, increased fastball velocity, juiced balls, better steroids probably all play a part. When Scooter Gennett is hitting four home runs in one game you know things are fukked.

Cubs are about to break their team record for home runs in a season and only have one guy with over 30. 6 guys with over 20 though.
    Shifting and defensive alignments from analytics have ruined the base hit. there's still a few guys who can use the whole field and you can't shift on, but a majority of the guys have a defined batted ball profile that you can exploit.

The thing is, offense and runs scored aren't even up despite the home run craze. It's just that the large % of run scoring comes from the long ball nowadays for the reasons above.

I hope we all make it. JungleJenetics's Avatar
    JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JungleJenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    I buy more into the fact of the "juiced baseballs" than I do the "juiced players". I mean I think some players still cheat (and some get caught while others do not) but I still think the change in the manufacturing of the baseball (spun much tighter than they previously were) is the reason.

But I could easily be wrong.

-Spaz
    PEDs are 99% playing a role. I think it's a combo of things though.
    Sig line can't be a novel

CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "WE AS FANS DESERVE THE BEST ATHLETES SCIENCE CAN CREATE" - Taniel Dosh
    Misc NYC Crew | Misc Positivity+ Crew | Misc Meditation Crew
    Misc IG Crew - @Boruckii

JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JakeB27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People don't realize that home runs might actually be the thing that's driving people away from the sport.

It was exciting in the 90's because it was happening when people were also getting on base and putting the ball in play more. There were much more base hits and people getting on base, also with less strikeouts. Putting the ball in play makes the game feel faster and more exciting.

Now teams are only looking to hit the home run. It leads to low scoring games with nothing but strikeouts and a couple home runs that give you a full 10 seconds of pleasure. Nobody wants to watch a game full of strikeouts just to see a home run hit every so often. At least when people are on base it keeps you somewhat intrigued by waiting to see how they will get the runner around.

Tldr homeruns and strikeouts make the game extremely slow and unwatchable

TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMiscPatriot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JakeB27 View Post
    People don't realize that home runs might actually be the thing that's driving people away from the sport.

It was exciting in the 90's because it was happening when people were also getting on base and putting the ball in play more. There were much more base hits and people getting on base, also with less strikeouts. Putting the ball in play makes the game feel faster and more exciting.

Now teams are only looking to hit the home run. It leads to low scoring games with nothing but strikeouts and a couple home runs that give you a full 10 seconds of pleasure. Nobody wants to watch a game full of strikeouts just to see a home run hit every so often. At least when people are on base it keeps you somewhat intrigued by waiting to see how they will get the runner around.

Tldr homeruns and strikeouts make the game extremely slow and unwatchable
    Base hits make the game slower.

The home run is pretty much the most recognized feat in all of American sports.

I agree that striking out but hitting home runs isn't the best, but I don't see how you can argue that it's hurting the game. Casual fans especially love to see home runs.