Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this thread made me decide to cut down my bench height, add wheels, and a handle.

davidnoeldavid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=turbolsxstang;1519881861]I have a rogue monster utility bench with fat pad that I modified and so have others on this site its pretty simple to do if you have access to the right tools. I cut 2" off of height off each leg and on the leg by my feet I narrowed the width of it 3" per side and then just had to drill two holes in it for the lower bolt in the triangle shaped plates to reassemble. It didn't take long at all to do and now the bench is perfect for me and my wife. It measures 17.5" from ground to the top of the pad.

I found on craigslist an unused Rogue Monster Utility bench with Fat Pad for $150. I am going to cut of 3.5" from each leg to make it a 16" tall and be able to use it for seated squats.

I also plan on cutting the front feet 3" from each side, If I cut 3" from each side on the back side of the bench also, will it affect how stable the bench is? Would like to bench from either side IF the stability is not compromised. Maybe if I saw a front photo... Thanks, will post photos of my bench.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=davidnoeldavid;1543628521]
    Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    I have a rogue monster utility bench with fat pad that I modified and so have others on this site its pretty simple to do if you have access to the right tools. I cut 2" off of height off each leg and on the leg by my feet I narrowed the width of it 3" per side and then just had to drill two holes in it for the lower bolt in the triangle shaped plates to reassemble. It didn't take long at all to do and now the bench is perfect for me and my wife. It measures 17.5" from ground to the top of the pad.

I found on craigslist an unused Rogue Monster Utility bench with Fat Pad for $150. I am going to cut of 3.5" from each leg to make it a 16" tall and be able to use it for seated squats.

I also plan on cutting the front feet 3" from each side, If I cut 3" from each side on the back side of the bench also, will it affect how stable the bench is? Would like to bench from either side IF the stability is not compromised. Maybe if I saw a front photo... Thanks, will post photos of my bench.
    you may not be able to cut that much height unless you swap out the brace/attachment plates. Their dimensions are limiting from memory.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davidnoeldavid View Post

My Mech6 is 20" wide, don't think I'd go narrower than that, certainly not on both ends. Why would you cut both ends?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #72 ()---()
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #15 ──<//>─<\\>──
    [M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #32 ▪[M]====[6]
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #70▪█─────█▪

SQ 475# 5/26/17 wraps
    BP 335# 12/14/17 paused
    DL 435# 12/25/17
    OHP 195# 7/31/16

davidnoeldavid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    I have a rogue monster utility bench with fat pad that I modified and so have others on this site its pretty simple to do if you have access to the right tools. I cut 2" off of height off each leg and on the leg by my feet I narrowed the width of it 3" per side and then just had to drill two holes in it for the lower bolt in the triangle shaped plates to reassemble. It didn't take long at all to do and now the bench is perfect for me and my wife. It measures 17.5" from ground to the top of the pad.
    Originally Posted by chadsalt View Post
    My Mech6 is 20" wide, don't think I'd go narrower than that, certainly not on both ends. Why would you cut both ends?
    I modded my Rogue Monster Utility Bench with Fat Pad today with an horizontal band saw. Paid $40 and took the welder 45 minutes.

The height of the base at the bolt plate prior to modding was 15 1/16" so I had to remove from each leg 2 9/16" to make it exactly 17". I also removed 2" from each side of the feet making each feet width 17.5". My floor is not uniform so I cannot speak about stability but once I get stall mats I will update this comment.

Google the following line including the quotation marks to find the pictures on imgur

"Rogue Monster Utility Fat Pad Bench Mod Modded Cut"