Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thompson Fat Pad for Rogue?

I'm looking to get a new bench and based on what I'm seeing so far, the Rogue Flat Utility Bench 2.0 and the Monster Bench seem pretty appealing. However, I'm a short guy (5'7") and boosting either bench past 20" is not going to work for me. Also, I saw some people complain that the Monster Bench feet stick out and get in the way of your feet placement. I want a BIFL bench and was thinking of the Flat Utility with the Thompson Fat Pad, but afaik, there's no way to make the bench shorter or order it at a lower height.

Has anyone successfully modified the Flat Utility Bench or put the Fat Pad on another bench? I saw an awesome Merc6 update to the Monster Bench which shortened it, added wheels, and added a handle, but that's still a massive bench for my 12x12 room which is why I was considering the regular Flat 2.0.

Or maybe I should just consider another bench? The Legend Scholar looks pretty awesome but it's also 19" high.
    wannagoheavy: This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a rogue monster utility bench with fat pad that I modified and so have others on this site its pretty simple to do if you have access to the right tools. I cut 2" off of height off each leg and on the leg by my feet I narrowed the width of it 3" per side and then just had to drill two holes in it for the lower bolt in the triangle shaped plates to reassemble. It didn't take long at all to do and now the bench is perfect for me and my wife. It measures 17.5" from ground to the top of the pad.

https://imgur.com/QcNImyu
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xyeLz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    I have a rogue monster utility bench with fat pad that I modified and so have others on this site its pretty simple to do if you have access to the right tools. I cut 2" off of height off each leg and on the leg by my feet I narrowed the width of it 3" per side and then just had to drill two holes in it for the lower bolt in the triangle shaped plates to reassemble. It didn't take long at all to do and now the bench is perfect for me and my wife. It measures 17.5" from ground to the top of the pad.

https://imgur.com/QcNImyu
    I wish I had the tools. I live in a condo so I don't have any tools at the moment. I also wasn't planning to get the Monster bench (at least I don't think so) which is why I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to hack up the 2.0?

IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000) IronAbrams is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xyeLz View Post
    I wish I had the tools. I live in a condo so I don't have any tools at the moment. I also wasn't planning to get the Monster bench (at least I don't think so) which is why I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to hack up the 2.0?
    Should be a pretty quick job for any metal working shop.
    IG: @toadkillerdog
    Meet PRs 430/285/525, Gym 440/335/550

"Discipline, which is but mutual trust and confidence, is the key to all success in peace or war." - George S. Patton

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about the EliteFTS bolt-together bench?

https://www.elitefts.com/eliteftstmo...-together.html

or

https://www.elitefts.com/elitefts-e-...-together.html

It has different feet do you do not have to worry about them getting in the way, a double-tube mid-frame, and is 17" with a normal pad so should be 18" with the Fat Pad. Similar price to the Rogue Benches.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman & Former NAS National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs (234 Kg) / Deadlift 700 lbs (318 Kg) / Strict Press 325 lbs (147 Kg)

Facebook | www.facebook.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs
    Instagram | http://instagram.com/tmutaffis
    Website | http://mutaffis.wordpress.com

Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just put an extra plate under your feet or some precut pieces of plywood from Depot
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

“You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit.”
    -Wendler

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    It can be done but is a little more work with the utility 2.0 bench because its a fully welded frame and not bolt together. You would need someone to cut a 2" section out of the legs and then weld it back together. Any local welder/metal working shop should be able to do this pretty ease for you.
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poordad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can have Rogue cut the bench down to a desirable height for an extra $37.50 and 2-3 weeks lead time

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    just put an extra plate under your feet or some precut pieces of plywood from Depot
    This is what I was trying to avoid mainly because then it's not really a BIFL bench. It's more of a hack way to get it to suit your needs. I do totally agree that this would work and I appreciate your input. Was just looking for a permanent solution.

Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    It can be done but is a little more work with the utility 2.0 bench because its a fully welded frame and not bolt together. You would need someone to cut a 2" section out of the legs and then weld it back together. Any local welder/metal working shop should be able to do this pretty ease for you.
    This is very helpful. Thank you! I will see what I can find out.

Originally Posted by Poordad View Post
    You can have Rogue cut the bench down to a desirable height for an extra $37.50 and 2-3 weeks lead time
    I think that's only for the Monster bench, right?

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd call Rogue and see what they can do. Their fee is probably about what a metal shop will cost you. Definitely have it the right height. Any advantage of the pad is completely taken away (IMO) by a 20-21" bench height.

Honestly Rogue's standard benches are just fine and 12" wide all on their own. Pads are great. I have their adjustable bench and I've owned their Monster w/Fat Pad (Pad now on a Mech6 frame so you likely saw mine or another forum member's...I think we have 2 on the forum).
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Platinum Member keyboardworkout's Avatar
    keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

The 21" bench height with the fat pad is perfect. Not sure why you guys are complaining.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you have a hacksaw might be easy to shorten it. I have cut thick steel before with just a hacksaw just takes an hour or two. You'd probably want to cut where I marked in attachment and drill a new upper foot hole but I don't know how much shorter that would get you. Or just have a metal shop fab you two new legs or modify it for you.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    The 21" bench height with the fat pad is perfect. Not sure why you guys are complaining.
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew
    LOL
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ampire; 09-19-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    I'd call Rogue and see what they can do. Their fee is probably about what a metal shop will cost you. Definitely have it the right height. Any advantage of the pad is completely taken away (IMO) by a 20-21" bench height.

Honestly Rogue's standard benches are just fine and 12" wide all on their own. Pads are great. I have their adjustable bench and I've owned their Monster w/Fat Pad (Pad now on a Mech6 frame so you likely saw mine or another forum member's...I think we have 2 on the forum).
    First off, thanks for your post. You are indeed the one that I found.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    If you have a hacksaw might be easy to shorten it. I have cut thick steel before with just a hacksaw just takes an hour or two. You'd probably want to cut where I marked in attachment and drill a new upper foot hole but I don't know how much shorter that would get you. Or just have a metal shop fab you two new legs or modify it for you.

LOL
    Haha thanks for your help as well. I appreciate the diagram with the information. However, I was actually looking at the other (non bolted) bench. The 2.0. Do you think it would be a bad idea to take this somewhere and have them cut it down?

ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ampire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First off, thanks for your post. You are indeed the one that I found.

Haha thanks for your help as well. I appreciate the diagram with the information. However, I was actually looking at the other (non bolted) bench. The 2.0. Do you think it would be a bad idea to take this somewhere and have them cut it down?
    If you are going to have a shop do it get the welded one as its $20 cheaper and probably more solid anyway, and just have them cut the legs shorter and weld on new feet. Would be simple for any machine/welding shop to do. Don't know how much it would cost you though. It might actually be less just to have someone make you a frame out of square tube and then put the fat pad onto it rather than buying the flat utility in the first place.

Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    If you are going to have a shop do it get the welded one as its $20 cheaper and probably more solid anyway, and just have them cut the legs shorter and weld on new feet. Would be simple for any machine/welding shop to do. Don't know how much it would cost you though. It might actually be less just to have someone make you a frame out of square tube and then put the fat pad onto it rather than buying the flat utility in the first place.
    If I was having a shop do it, I'd get the bolt together and tell them to weld the gusset on.

-Wendler

If I was having a shop do it, I'd get the bolt together and tell them to weld the gusset on.
    Yeah might be easier for them to get the cuts square so it doesn't rock when its all assembled and then welded together.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are going to involve a metal shop you might as well just have them make you a bench - am sure it would be a lot less expensive than the Rogue bench and you can make it as strong as you would like.

Otherwise if you are loyal to the Rogue brand and do not want to consider other options I would just have them make the modifications for the $37.50 that was quoted above. This way you know everything will be done right and you can fall back on the warranty if it is not (whereas altering the bench yourself or taking it to a metal fabricator would void the warranty).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman & Former NAS National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs (234 Kg) / Deadlift 700 lbs (318 Kg) / Strict Press 325 lbs (147 Kg)

Facebook | www.facebook.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs
    Instagram | http://instagram.com/tmutaffis
    Website | http://mutaffis.wordpress.com

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/homegym/com...d_lbs/dn261tr/

See item #3 (remains 17" with a Thompson Fat pad)

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    If you are going to involve a metal shop you might as well just have them make you a bench - am sure it would be a lot less expensive than the Rogue bench and you can make it as strong as you would like.
    You might reach out to Mech and see if he will email you the design. I don't want to speak for him but I believe he mentioned he'd do something like this for items he wasn't making anymore. Take that to a metal shop then order yourself a FatPad. Note that the least expensive way to get a FatPad equipped bench is via Rogue and having them cut it. Just saying. However, Mech's bench is superior in every way, very mobile, and not all that expensive. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    We all can't be 6'6" and over! I'm 6'3" and still hoping for those extra inches....;-)

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    You might reach out to Mech and see if he will email you the design. I don't want to speak for him but I believe he mentioned he'd do something like this for items he wasn't making anymore. Take that to a metal shop then order yourself a FatPad. Note that the least expensive way to get a FatPad equipped bench is via Rogue and having them cut it. Just saying. However, Mech's bench is superior in every way, very mobile, and not all that expensive. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    I did reach out to Rogue today and they said that they won't cut down the 2.0 bench. They would cut down the bolted version for a $47 upcharge, but not the welded bench. They didn't really have a good answer why, but I didn't really have my heart set on the Rogue bench anyways. I'm a bit weird when it comes to "brands". I tend to buy one and stick with it until I'm ready to jump ship. For example, I bought a whole ****load of Breville kitchen appliances when really there are better ones out there but from multiple different manufacturers (blender from Vitamix, coffee grinder from Mazzer, etc.). I'm just OCD particular like that.

In this case, I still like the Rogue Ohio bar, but I'm back at square one with the bench! Seems like the Thompson Fat Pad is pretty highly recommended all around. Are there other benches out there (custom or not) that offer it other than that Rep one (which seems like it's coming in 60 days).

chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000) chadsalt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you sure you're not overcomplicating this? What width bench are you using now? Having shoulder problems?

Granted my Mech6 fatpad bench is the ****, but I was coming from a 10" and having shoulder pain. I suspect a 12" would have also solved my problem. I'm 5'9" medium frame and 14" is about as wide as possible without getting in the way.

I was looking hard at the Valor DA 6 as a fatpad recipient before Mech6 made his 2 benches. According to the specs the fatpad would put it about 18" high. After that, any welder could easily fab up a custom frame.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #72 ()---()
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #15 ──<//>─<\\>──
    [M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #32 ▪[M]====[6]
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #70▪█─────█▪

SQ 475# 5/26/17 wraps
    BP 335# 12/14/17 paused
    DL 435# 12/25/17
    OHP 195# 7/31/16

lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also like the monster bench with fat pad but my wife has recently asked about starting to use my equipment and its far too large and heavy for her to move around by herself and her feet wouldn't even come close to the floor when she laid on it. I may be selling this and looking for a reasonably priced alternative with wheels.

smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did reach out to Rogue today and they said that they won't cut down the 2.0 bench. They would cut down the bolted version for a $47 upcharge, but not the welded bench. They didn't really have a good answer why, but I didn't really have my heart set on the Rogue bench anyways. I'm a bit weird when it comes to "brands". I tend to buy one and stick with it until I'm ready to jump ship. For example, I bought a whole ****load of Breville kitchen appliances when really there are better ones out there but from multiple different manufacturers (blender from Vitamix, coffee grinder from Mazzer, etc.). I'm just OCD particular like that.

In this case, I still like the Rogue Ohio bar, but I'm back at square one with the bench! Seems like the Thompson Fat Pad is pretty highly recommended all around. Are there other benches out there (custom or not) that offer it other than that Rep one (which seems like it's coming in 60 days).
    just get the bolted version cut down and be done with it enjoying the benefits.

I have the monster bench, but cut it down with myself with a hand held diegrider with cutoff wheel, then drilled another hole. if you don't have one just have them do it.
    The monster bench is nice, and the fat pad solved my shoulder issues.

you don't need to make it that hard.
    Best Raw total 1845 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 705
    bench 485
    deadlift 670
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000) lsi1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    since rogue doesn't sell their fat pad with the utility bench or bolt together utility bench its cheaper to just buy the monster utility bench with fat pad.

Try to find a used commercial flat bench in your area and get the Fat Pad by itself.

Or email Beast Metals - he uses the Fat Pad on their bench cages, I am sure they would fab a custom bench frame for it.

-Wendler

Originally Posted by chadsalt View Post
    Are you sure you're not overcomplicating this? What width bench are you using now? Having shoulder problems?

Granted my Mech6 fatpad bench is the ****, but I was coming from a 10" and having shoulder pain. I suspect a 12" would have also solved my problem. I'm 5'9" medium frame and 14" is about as wide as possible without getting in the way.

I was looking hard at the Valor DA 6 as a fatpad recipient before Mech6 made his 2 benches. According to the specs the fatpad would put it about 18" high. After that, any welder could easily fab up a custom frame.
    Oh I always over complicate things. I spend way too much time researching and asking questions before I actually buy anything, and in many cases I still don't make the right decision. Right now I'm using an old bench I got from Craigslist (a Nautilus NT1020) which I believe is about 20-21" high (way too high for me) and extremely heavy. I don't use the incline/decline aspect of it which is why I was going for a flat bench. I don't have any shoulder issues (yet), but want to avoid them in the future. The Fat Pad is reasonably enough priced (sorta) but I just want to put it on a properly sized bench which also suits my needs. Thank you for your input!

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    just get the bolted version cut down and be done with it enjoying the benefits.

I have the monster bench, but cut it down with myself with a hand held diegrider with cutoff wheel, then drilled another hole. if you don't have one just have them do it.
    The monster bench is nice, and the fat pad solved my shoulder issues.

you don't need to make it that hard.
    Might be the only solution I have.

Try to find a used commercial flat bench in your area and get the Fat Pad by itself.

Or email Beast Metals - he uses the Fat Pad on their bench cages, I am sure they would fab a custom bench frame for it.
    Beast Metals looks like a promising idea. Do you know where I can find them?

I found the best way to get ahold of them is to message them via Facebook

-Wendler

trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cutting down the monster bench is not hard. I saw SmokingHawk's post and tried it myself. It is easier with power tools (saw and drill), but it just makes things faster. These were my steps:
    1. Unbolt the 2 legs.
    2. Cut 2" off each leg. My cuts were a bit sloppy (a bit more than 2") but they worked.
    3. Bolt the legs back on. You don't have to do this step if you're good with tools and measuring. I thint the top and bottom holes are 2" center to center. I just did it so I knew where to drill the 2nd set of holes without measuring
    4. Drill the 2nd set of holes. If you did step 3, unbolt the legs before drilling to give yourself some space.
    5. Bolt everything together.
    6. Enjoy your 17.75" monster bench with Fat Pad (19.75" before the cut, according to Rogue website).

Originally Posted by trnk1001 View Post
    Cutting down the monster bench is not hard. I saw SmokingHawk's post and tried it myself. It is easier with power tools (saw and drill), but it just makes things faster. These were my steps:
    1. Unbolt the 2 legs.
    2. Cut 2" off each leg. My cuts were a bit sloppy (a bit more than 2") but they worked.
    3. Bolt the legs back on. You don't have to do this step if you're good with tools and measuring. I thint the top and bottom holes are 2" center to center. I just did it so I knew where to drill the 2nd set of holes without measuring
    4. Drill the 2nd set of holes. If you did step 3, unbolt the legs before drilling to give yourself some space.
    5. Bolt everything together.
    6. Enjoy your 17.75" monster bench with Fat Pad (19.75" before the cut, according to Rogue website).
    I'd add that you probably want to use a file to level, deburr, and clean up and put a bit of paint on the bare steel before you bolt back together. I've cut similar things with a hacksaw. If the cut ends up jagged you can use a file to deburr, then level things out with 60 or 80 grit sandpaper then use 220 and 400 to smooth the marks out, lastly put a brush of paint on the bare metal of the cut so it won't rust.