Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffinbrah is just really nice. (+1000)

Deltoid/tricep injury. Tear?

Hey guys,

I injured myself about two and a half months ago. Funny thing is that it wasn't in the gym. Hell, I wasn't doing anything at all, i was in my bed, lifted my arm above my head and felt a slight twinge in the area at the top of the tricep head/bottom side area of my delt. I thought nothing of it at that time.

The next day at the gym, certain movements would cause a slight pain in this area. The pain would basically come when i did pushing movements such as DB benching (when my arms go below parallel at the bottom part of the movement), and dips. It was more an inconvenience at first, but the more it happened, the more I sort of adjusted my form to compensate. For example when DB pressing, instead of my arms forming a right angle at the bottom of the movement, i'd sort of keep my arms a bit more forward because keeping them all the way back would cause pain.

I went to a physio and he told me I had a muscle tear. He said it would take 3-4 weeks to heal and advised me to wear a sling to minimize the movement and allow for healing. As I was studying pretty hard for my GMAT, i decided to take two whole months off. I wore the sling only for about a week, but was careful to minimize movement. After about 50 days out of the gym, I went back today, hoping and praying that it wouldn't flare back up, but it did, and this time it was very noticeable, as if the injury had gotten worse.

I'm probably going to another physio this time, but I am not looking forward to being advised to stay out of the gym for another 1+ month.

Has anyone had a similar injury? How long did it take to recover?

For reference, the pain is sort of sharp and shooting, and happens whenever, I pull my arm back/stretch it out and lift it over my head It hurts right at the top of the tricep head (i don't think it has anything to do with my tricep because tricep isolations don't cause any pain at all), and toward the bottom of my deltoid.

Thanks for reading and any advice!

Edit: Also, it doesn't hurt when I'm not working out. I can do pulling movements without any pain at all too. It's only when I sort of twist it/ rotate my arm to the side of my body, or do a lateral raise/pushing movement that it hurts.

Would it be alright, to workout with the injury since it doesn't cause any pain outside of those movements?