seekme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Scary and exciting

Hi all,

So I'm starting this journey (again) but with a different 'do this because I love me' attitude.

I'm starting at 263 pounds. My highest was 270. Starting the gym Monday. A little nervous about that- it's been about a year since I've worked out.

Advice. Motivation. Tips. Quotes. All welcome.

Christy

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by seekme View Post
    Hi all,

So I'm starting this journey (again) but with a different 'do this because I love me' attitude.

I'm starting at 263 pounds. My highest was 270. Starting the gym Monday. A little nervous about that- it's been about a year since I've worked out.

Advice. Motivation. Tips. Quotes. All welcome.

Christy
    Hey girl!!
    Well congrats on the mindset...remember that during any weak moments that may come. Honestly, I just had A morning if ya know what I mean, and had to remember why I do this for ME!!!!
    The biggest thing for you to tackle is nutrition and making sure you have a solid workout plan.
    What are your goals and what does your plan look like? I would be happy to give you any feedback you may need and I'm always here for support if you want!
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

seekme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Steph,

Thank you! I know from experience I love CrossFit and I love powerlifting. I'm starting with very light CrossFit and I'm going to incorporate the stronglift program little by little. Nutrition will be my biggest challenge but I'd like to keep it as clean and simple as possible.

I can't say unknown exactly what I'm going to do because I've never done this without something like weight watchers or something but I know I need to start.

I appreciate you so much for writing. There aren't a lot of very overweight women on the bodybuilding.com YouTube but I saw someone's Spark and knew today had to be the day.

Christine

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome! You will definitely want to read the stickies in the nutrition section about calories and macros
    The simple list explanation of it is as long as you eat less calories then you burn in A day you will lose weight.

You will want to make sure you are getting enough protein as well as fat as those are the 2 most important of the 3 macros
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KTSullivan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love your mindset going in! I think setting a workout set/routine and gradually build upon it as more time goes by is a good start. Also definitely read up on a bunch of different posts/stickies and ask questions when you aren't sure, rooting for ya!
    "You can push up or shut up."