Closed Thread
    OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OzYesMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why is combat sport dominated by short men?

95% of the BJJ/Judo/Grappling and Kickboxing/Muay Thai/Boxing etc gyms are entirely dominated by manlets, every gym I've come across have 1 or 2 men at 5'9 and the rest were short, it's not common to see men above 6'1 in your average combat sport gyms. Why and what makes combat sport so popular for manlets and not the average and tall men?

Back in the days, it used to be that the heavyweight division was the most important division in all of combat sports. Being the heavyweight champion meant being the baddest man on the planet and also the most popular combat athlete. But recent years manlets like mayweather, pacquaio and the UFC, Mcgregor have taken over. Guys who wouldn't last 30 seconds against any top 20 heavyweight in their respective sports.

superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    technique. u tend to rely less on strength and size when u lack them.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The UFC heavy weight talent pool is really lacking. Talent pool is just not there like the lighter weights most likely because not many athletic heavy weight people are willing to get into UFC while lighter weight classes gives you a much bigger pool to drink from the population. Even the light HW division is pretty lacklustre atm imo. Now that cock pills jones is gone? Eeesh.
    TBH for me heavy weight division is on par with fly weights for excitement and i still occasionally enjoy both. Even if Overeem fights i will watch but it just doesn't get my buzz going anymore. Cain is fun to watch but has a Khabib thing going on. Francis seems promising and looks like a specimen.
    I mean like this pic. If you go before 2011 you will see more faces on both sides.
    Spoiler!

I don't know enough about the other disciplines.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Power to size ratio. Though IMO the best fighters are usually in the middle/average height range for their respective weight class. Too tall and you'll lack the power/strength. Too short and you'll lack the reach.

NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bigger guys have more sporting options that generally pay better. If you're 6"4 200lbs+ you've got prime stature to play (American) Football, Basketball, Rugby, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Swimming, Tennis, even chit like powerlifting, shot put or javelin which won't pay as well will be more appealing to many than getting punched in the face and wrestlefuked by some tatted up dude in board shorts.

As a result, many guys in the heavier divisions are lower level athletes who failed at premier sports.

If you're 5"8 150lbs, your options are much slimmer. There's (association) football and that's about it.

Hence why lower weight classes have more talent in them, you can see a noticeable drop in talent at after welterweight IMO. I'm not sitting here bias btw, I'm 6"2 190. Just the way it is.