Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patkaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)

U/L from 6x a week

Hi!

I did the Kizen 16 week Powerbuilding program, and got stronk. Then I was on vacation and dislocated my shoulder for the second time in my life. However, now I have started uni and I see that I have to spend more time doing other things than the gym, and have since cut the days down from the 6x a week the Kizen program asked for, down to 4. I've been doing Kizen off-season program for a cycle now, but didn't really enjoy it.

Even though I am pretty strong, I'm more interested in the bodybuilding aspect of training, and I have felt that my motivation ( since my shoulder dislocated ), has decreased. I would therefore like to start a new program that focuses more on "the higher rep ranges".

The volume will for sure go down, but hopefully I'll be able to recover better and make more progress long term doing a U/L, as I see many people on these forum who are huge advocates of U/L.

I just need a confirmation that going from a *high* volume 6x a week program to a program with less volume and frequency will not make me de-train?

It will most likely be the Viking's program that is stickied.

For the record I'm not a program-hopper, but I'm getting tired of doing AMRAPs ( as the Kizen off-season program wants me to do ), and also my shoulder injury ( even though I'm back at 90% strength ) did make me consider if my shoulders should be doing 3-5 reps all the time.

Thanks!

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    as long as you are doing proper form, higher reps should give you good results.

I think higher reps are less reliable, but still, any form of resistance training with progressive overload is going to get you to grow!

Just keep in mind it's a lot easier to subtly cheat the 15th-20th rep than it is 5th-6th... Focus on your negatives, go a bit slower, and toss in some work to failure.

I think you will be fine while recovering

Viking is a good program, and unwittingly or not, coincides with many scientific studies on how to train well.
    Last edited by fluidZ; 09-13-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5