Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    Punset is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift - knees tucked in

Hello,

when i deadlift i also noticed my knees always go in a LITTLE bit, even if i point my feet further out, the same thing still happens...i asked the coach of my gym and he said i should work my abductors more often and that will make my knees go out more, is this true ? In my opinion my leg structure is a bit weird because they only "bow" below my knees and i also walk with my feet pointed out a lot, not allowing me to point my knees out while deadlifting.

NOTE:I seem to deadlift normally, but im thinking IF I CAN fix this it could be an improvement.

Thanks.

pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do you pull standard or sumo?

you're likely not activating your glutes if your knees are bowing in, but it's hard to see what is really the issue if you can't provide us with a video of your form
    40: 4.3s
    400m: 50.4s
    800m: 158.2s

Punset is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pogioli4 View Post
    do you pull standard or sumo?

you're likely not activating your glutes if your knees are bowing in, but it's hard to see what is really the issue if you can't provide us with a video of your form
    Pulling conventional with a narrow stance, cause my hips kinda hurt when heavyweighting with wide stance.

I'll get the video friday which is my next training session

Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luca2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, train abductors (glutes medius and minimus). Wide-stance hip thrusts, banded side leg raises, squats with a band around the knees. No silly abductor machines.

https://bretcontreras.com/knee-valgu...lexion-drills/
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."